ESPN's Raptors Offseason Report Card - D+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    Why do we pay attention to ESPN? It's not even on tv in this country..
    TSN is owned by the same entity(well, 20%).

This is why TSN is the only sports channel to get the ESPN covered stuff because they're technically ESPN-North.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
      that's so awesome. i mean, yeah, like, ESPN probably views canada as another country or something 'tarded, right?
      Think you know what I mean. -_-
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        TSN is owned by the same entity(well, 20%).

This is why TSN is the only sports channel to get the ESPN covered stuff because they're technically ESPN-North.
        and is that why TSN shows 24.8 seconds of raptor highlights
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Maybe but Bell owns the other 80%.

Comment

Are you blaming Alexander Graham Bell Apollo?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not sure where to ask this question but this thread seemed to be as good as any. Does anyone have access to ESPN Insider and could you be so kind as to post their list of top 10 SG's IFFF our boy DeMar made the cut?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Not sure where to ask this question but this thread seemed to be as good as any. Does anyone have access to ESPN Insider and could you be so kind as to post their list of top 10 SG's IFFF our boy DeMar made the cut?
                Someone posted it here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242594

DeRozan wasn't in the top 10 or in the "next five". But him, Joe Johnson, and Klay Thompson were mentioned in the "also notable" category".

Also notable: Klay Thompson, Joe Johnson, DeMar DeRozan

These are the torch-and-pitchfork guys, the ones many are going to howl about because of their omission above. Thompson is the one guy that, subjectively speaking, I think will take a big leap in value. So far though, Thompson's stat line does not elevate him beyond the status of role player. He's great in his role, with a high volume of extremely efficient 3-point shooting, and there's not a team in the league that wouldn't want to have him. However, he hasn't done much inside the arc during his career and needs to become more a threat off the dribble. Not only will that get him to the line more often, but he'll become a better playmaker as well. That will enhance his value. Of course, team context matters, too, and with Stephen Curry and Andre Iguodala around, the Warriors might not need Thompson to do more than he does.

We've long warned about the perils of age 32 when it comes to shooting guards, and Johnson hit that age just after the Finals ended. His value dropped like a stone last season, with a winning percentage that dipped from .564 to .443. With so many alpha-personality players to share possessions with in Brooklyn's new lineup, Johnson has entered the role-player phase of his decline. As for DeRozan, I've written it many times: Until he proves otherwise, he's just an empty scoring average.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                  Someone posted it here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242594

DeRozan wasn't in the top 10 or in the "next five". But him, Joe Johnson, and Klay Thompson were mentioned in the "also notable" category".
                  Thanks Sam.

Comment

since we were talking about how Espn/NBA.com/TNT really doesnt give a shit about toronto..

would the toronto raptors be one of the top ten most productive teams....
                    noo...
                    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...ive-offseason/
                    Last edited by lilmamba_; Mon Aug 5, 2013, 09:55 AM.
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      Are you blaming Alexander Graham Bell Apollo?
                      That's right... Maybe I'll blame you next? Don't push me, I'll do it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        That's right... Maybe I'll blame you next? Don't push me, I'll do it.
                        Blame teddy rogers next or maybe Kenny Rogers..or maybe Ted Turner
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X