X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think one could easily argue that Vince Carters impact on this city goes far beyond Statistics.
    It goes far beyond even on-court contributions if you ask me.
    I completely agree with this.

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    Craiger wrote: View Post
    didn't realize the question was about VCs 'positive' effect.

I think Vince's negative effect easily out weighs some short term and whats been meaningless attention he brought the organization.
    First of all... I accidentally voted for Bargnani in the poll.

Secondly, dude without Vince we probably wouldn't have a team right now. He was one of if not the most popular player(s) in the league during his time here (and even when he moved on to New Jersey). He's the reason basketball has gotten so big in Toronto, not just at the NBA level but now you have kids in the GTA aspiring to be in the NBA, that was not happening before he got here.

I shudder to think about what state (lol do you see what I did there) this team might be in if we had drafted Antawn Jamison instead of Carter.

Leave a comment:

• Craiger
    replied
    didn't realize the question was about VCs 'positive' effect.

I think Vince's negative effect easily out weighs some short term and whats been meaningless attention he brought the organization.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think one could easily argue that Vince Carters impact on this city goes far beyond Statistics.
    Very easily. So easily. That I infact don't think it needs to be argued or even brought up. That's not even me trying to be a dick. It's just evidently clear that he had a very lasting impact.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Gotta go with Vince. He energized and inspired a whole nation, and that's probably underrating him a bit.

Bargs was just a dreadful add-on to a continuing losing culture this team has possessed. Although you can certainly make the argument picking someone different at that #1 spot would've brought a winning impact, you cannot solely put 6 years of losing on one guy.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    Neither. This franchise has done zero, nothing, it hasn't done shit. Nothing really big, and nothing really small has happened for it. Neither player really leaves anything more than statistical evidence that they once played in Toronto.

Fans like to be dramatic.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Neither. This franchise has done zero, nothing, it hasn't done shit. Nothing really big, and nothing really small has happened for it. Neither player really leaves anything more than statistical evidence that they once played in Toronto.

Fans like to be dramatic.

Leave a comment:

• Craiger
    replied
    Its an interesting question

Vince's was of a larger magnitude, Bargnani's was longer

Vince's was his own fault (he quit), Bargnani's was Colangelo's (BC drafted him at #1, and then kept forcing him on the team until eventually building around him)

I'm actually going to go with Bargnani. Vince was a shot in a vital organ, Bargnani was a gut shot

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    started a poll Bargnani vs. Vince Carter - Raptors Legacy

Bargnani vs. Vince Carter - Raptors Legacy

Vince Carter's Positive Legacy
    89.13%
    Andrea Bargnani's Negative Legacy
    10.87%
    Which legacy that was left behind is bigger?

Bargnani's negative one or Vince Carter's positive one?
Working...
X