X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    Xixak wrote: View Post
    I'd argue that we have more offensive talent than that Nuggets team, better defensive players and either equal or better rebounding. We also have the athleticism to push the pace offensively while still playing great defense (despite their pace Denver was still 11th in defense). So why the hell isn't it happening?
    You really think the Raps have more talent than a 57-win Denver team? The Nuggets had so many quality players Karl couldn't find minutes for everyone. More than that, the collection of players Denver has (or had) compliment(ed) each other on the floor in a way that the "big-fat-ball-of-elastic bands-glue-duct tape-paper mache-pile of crap" roster that Colangelo built doesn't.

Even after last year, people are still badly overestimating this roster. It's going to be another major disappointment for some people this season.

Leave a comment:

• Mundy
    replied
    Those first few games were incredible:

21pts, 8asts, 7rebs, 5stls on 6-11 FG, 2-3 3PT, 7-7 FT
    28pts, 8asts, 8rebs, 3stls on 9-19 FG, 4-10 3PT, 6-7 FT
    22pts, 5asts, 7rebs, 3stls on 8-10 FG, 2-3 3PT, 4-4 FT

And then he got hurt. Iirc for those 3 games he was the top fantasy player in the NBA, dude looked like a legitimate superstar.
    Yep.... I think the top fantasy players for the first week were....

Kyle Lowry
    Lebron James
    Kevin Durant

I was like "hooray!
    Then the sprained ankle happened and I was like "oh yeah, we're the Raptors"

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    What happened again? Did he sprain his ankle?
    Yep

He actually didn't play that bad after coming back though. In the 6 games between his 1st and second injury where he played 30+ minutes, he averaged:

21.8ppg
    5.3rpg
    7.0apg
    1.2spg

38.8% FG
    38.4% 3PT
    81.6% FT
    54.8% TS%

It was after that second injury that he really fell off the map.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    What happened again? Did he sprain his ankle?

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    That's partly why Lowry was so exciting at the beginning of last year -- he was getting to the rim so easily. Then not so much after he went down with that first injury. Not sure if that was because of the injury nagging, or because of some other injury, or because of Casey's muzzle, or some combination of all of them, but it'd be great to see him get back to that.
    Those first few games were incredible:

21pts, 8asts, 7rebs, 5stls on 6-11 FG, 2-3 3PT, 7-7 FT
    28pts, 8asts, 8rebs, 3stls on 9-19 FG, 4-10 3PT, 6-7 FT
    22pts, 5asts, 7rebs, 3stls on 8-10 FG, 2-3 3PT, 4-4 FT

And then he got hurt. Iirc for those 3 games he was the top fantasy player in the NBA, dude looked like a legitimate superstar.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Also, if you're talking about Denver scoring at the rim - their point guard may be the quickest player in the league. Huge advantage there.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    That's partly why Lowry was so exciting at the beginning of last year -- he was getting to the rim so easily. Then not so much after he went down with that first injury. Not sure if that was because of the injury nagging, or because of some other injury, or because of Casey's muzzle, or some combination of all of them, but it'd be great to see him get back to that.
    It seemed like the greatest influence was how well Jose started running the offense during Lowry's absence. Lowry either thought to himself, "I need to play more like Jose"....or he was told to do so by the coaching staff.

But I agree Lowry didn't finish the year playing anything close to the same style he started the year with.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    This has been a problem since Carter feel in love with his jumper. This has been a problem for over a decade.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    That's my point, this is what we should be striving to do. It fits our personnel to a T.
    I think this strategy fits our personnel defensively, but I'm not yet convinced our guys have the commitment to run consistently.

Also, running often burns a lot of gas, which makes a deep bench a necessity. I guess time will tell if Augustin, Hansborough, Fields and Novak are up to the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This is the type of reply that leaves me wanting nothing to do with you.

If I was still a mod, you'd have been given a warning and likely banned by now. Good thing I'm no longer a mod. Just last week you were offering apologies to everyone for how you act on these forums and you'd tone it down. Then you were bothered when I gave you the same condescending retorts to which I said I'd respect your wishes. Now in the last few days you're back to the ignorance that caused many, not just me, to call you out.

Bro what has made RR great is even in disagreement there has been, overall, a mutual respect. You're trashing that in mighty fine fashion, dude.

I guess you missed the reply just two posts above:
    So are you saying we can't move the ball?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    So how in all of fuck did Denver do it last year when they shoot the 3 worse than us?
    This is the type of reply that leaves me wanting nothing to do with you.

If I was still a mod, you'd have been given a warning and likely banned by now. Good thing I'm no longer a mod. Just last week you were offering apologies to everyone for how you act on these forums and you'd tone it down. Then you were bothered when I gave you the same condescending retorts to which I said I'd respect your wishes. Now in the last few days you're back to the ignorance that caused many, not just me, to call you out.

Bro what has made RR great is even in disagreement there has been, overall, a mutual respect. You're trashing that in mighty fine fashion, dude.

I guess you missed the reply just two posts above:

I guess skill set and ball movement does not factor in to this at all.

Tough to attack the rim consistently when only two guys from last year had that ability off the bounce and the coach is running high school sets for long 2s (DD) and curling 3s (Ross).

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Didn't watch too many Nuggets gams, but I assume they generated a LOT of fastbreak points by solid defense and forcing turnovers (not necessarily scoring in a half court set).
    That's my point, this is what we should be striving to do. It fits our personnel to a T.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    So how in all of fuck did Denver do it last year when they shoot the 3 worse than us?
    Didn't watch too many Nuggets games, but I assume they generated a LOT of fastbreak points by solid defense and forcing turnovers (not necessarily scoring in a half court set).
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Aug 14, 2013, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Xixak
    replied
    Where are the lanes going to be for this?

The opposition needs to just pack the key whenever the starting unit is on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Exactly. We can't shoot threes. So the other viable option is to go inside, which is what our roster is fit to do.
    Where are the lanes going to be for this?

The opposition needs to just pack the key whenever the starting unit is on the floor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X