Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto's sell-off competition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Fully wrote: View Post
    Aldridge would be an awesome fit in the lineup, there's no doubt. The obvious problem is how you land him.

    Wasn't there a rumour that the Cavs were offering the #1, Thompson and Waiters for him and got denied before the draft? It's pretty hard to fathom the Raps putting together a better offer than that without making JV available.
    No there wasn't.

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Nos-1-19-Picks

    It was the #1 Pick + #19

    The offer you're referring to was for Kevin Love

    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...For-Kevin-Love

    Comment


    • #17
      Xixak wrote: View Post
      No there wasn't.

      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Nos-1-19-Picks

      It was the #1 Pick + #19

      The offer you're referring to was for Kevin Love

      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...For-Kevin-Love
      You know teams are allowed to make multiple offers to teams right?

      http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/2...s-nerlens-noel

      Comment


      • #18
        Matt52 wrote: View Post
        You know teams are allowed to make multiple offers to teams right?

        http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/2...s-nerlens-noel
        Umm that says that they offered #1 + #19 for Aldridge as well...

        What are the Cleveland Cavaliers seeking in exchange for the No. 1 pick? Sources say they reached out to the Portland Trail Blazers in an attempt to land LaMarcus Aldridge for the Nos. 1 and 19 picks. The Blazers quickly rebuffed them.
        Oh and get this at the bottom there's a link to another page where it says they offered Waiters+1st+TT for Love.

        http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/2...umber-one-pick

        According to a source, Cleveland offered the No. 1 pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to try and land Minnesota’s Kevin Love. But new Timberwolves president Flip Saunders won’t move Love.
        Congratulations on making yourself look like an imbecile.

        Comment


        • #19
          The inverse of this thread is what position is the 'weakest' across the league which requires an upgrade.

          I see very few teams that must upgrade the SG position, at least where DD is the guard being considered the upgrade. I can see Pistons for certain and maybe Suns/Bulls/Hawks.

          On the other hand, there are many team that teams can upgrade their SF. They start with Detroit, New Orleans, Milwaukee and Houston as the most likely, while Dallas, Charlotte, Cleveland, Sacramento, Phoenix and Washington are less likely to upgrade the starting SF and maybe even Atlanta, Minnesota.

          On PG, the Bucks (Knight) should upgrade though after that candidates for Lowry are less probable with maybe SAC (Vasquez), Bobcats (Walker), Dallas (upgrade defense). Also, the Heat, Detroit or Knicks who might upgrade.

          For PF, I don't see a big market there to upgrade but perhaps Dallas, Charlotte, Clippers (bruiser) or Pelicans (bruiser).

          I didn't look at C as the raptors don't have a starting center they are willing to trade.

          Comment


          • #20
            Xixak wrote: View Post
            Umm that says that they offered #1 + #19 for Aldridge as well...



            Oh and get this at the bottom there's a link to another page where it says they offered Waiters+1st+TT for Love.

            http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/2...umber-one-pick



            Congratulations on making yourself look like an imbecile.
            Why are you so rude to people? Does it make you feel smarter/cooler to be rude rather than just say that the link doesn't support his comment? Perhaps it was the incorrect link, or maybe he simply made a mistake. Being rude about it doesn't make him look like the imbecile...
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • #21
              With the exception of Rondo and to a lesser extent Aldridge, none of the players mentioned in the list (plus Gortat) are any competition for Toronto and Gay. If Gay was added to the list, I see him being second after Rondo as far as DEMAND is concerned.

              As for the rest of the players including Derozan and Lowry, it depends more on the size of their contracts and positions than talent. I can see a team being more interested in Granger(despite injuries) than Derozan since his is an expiring contract.

              Lowry should be a very easy player to trade for a good return.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

              Comment


              • #22
                Xixak wrote: View Post
                Umm that says that they offered #1 + #19 for Aldridge as well...



                Oh and get this at the bottom there's a link to another page where it says they offered Waiters+1st+TT for Love.

                http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/2...umber-one-pick



                Congratulations on making yourself look like an imbecile.
                Can I have my moderator badge back, please?

                If I want to be called a douchebag and imbecile I will post at RealGM.

                This really is getting a bit much.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Can I have my moderator badge back, please?

                  If I want to be called a douchebag and imbecile I will post at RealGM.

                  This really is getting a bit much.
                  Or you could stop trying to prove every single thing I say wrong.

                  If I made a post saying that water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen, you'd find a reason to disagree with it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    You want to speak to me sarcastically all the time and you'll get what you deserve.

                    This is just one example. You want to talk to me like I'm 5 years old, then you're not going to be getting warm responses, period.

                    Yeah, you still don't get it.

                    The Raptors haven't tossed a coin yet.
                    Get it?
                    They obtained JV in the last rebuild.
                    Get it now?
                    That rebuild or session of coin flips is OVER.
                    Becoming clearer?
                    Trading for Lowry, signing Fields, trading for Gay, extending DD all killed that coin flipping session.
                    Crystal yet?
                    The team is built to compete for the playoffs - but that is it - and not even a given.
                    Understand?
                    Last edited by Xixak; Fri Aug 16, 2013, 01:26 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My face hurts from the number of face palms that this guy causes.....

                      Topic: The only real competition for the Raps moving Gay is Granger. They are the only "impact" wingers that seem available.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Xixak wrote: View Post
                        You want to speak to me sarcastically all the time and you'll get what you deserve.

                        This is just one example. You want to talk to me like I'm 5 years old, then you're not going to be getting warm responses, period.
                        Funny. Did you ever consider that response came after about a dozen replies based on the word "another" where you attempted to give elementary math lessons that were 100% irrelevant?
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Aug 16, 2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: damn iPhone

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Funny. Did you ever consider that response came after about a dozen replies based on the word other where you attem
                          Of course everything you post is justified.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Xixak wrote: View Post
                            Of course everything you post is justified.
                            Hardly. The difference is i do not belittle posters as part of the introductory response.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Axel wrote: View Post
                              Why are you so rude to people? Does it make you feel smarter/cooler to be rude rather than just say that the link doesn't support his comment? Perhaps it was the incorrect link, or maybe he simply made a mistake. Being rude about it doesn't make him look like the imbecile...
                              FOX Sports Ohio sources also seconded reports that the Cavs have made a couple of inquiries about Portland Trail Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers, however, have repeatedly turned the Cavs away. A Portland source said the team has no interest in Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters or draft picks, and plans to keep Aldridge.

                              http://www.foxsportsohio.com/story/c...21&feedID=3725

                              Thanks, axel. Was wrong link.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Hardly. The difference is i do not belittle posters as part of the introductory response.
                                Lol of course you add this completely irrelevant condition.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X