• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    ESPN had them at 10th as well:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...east-standings

The pessimism is most likely due to the fact that Toronto did not get any major talent in the offseason (no high draft picks, no key free agents) and other teams did. Organic growth should signify some improvement but they usually don't use that when coming up with mock standings.

Since ESPN actually had records beside each team, I wanted to see what the 'lottery' projection would have looked like.

14. Dallas - 39-43
    13. Portland/Detroit - 38-44
    11. NOLA - 37-45
    10. LA - 36-46
    9. Toronto - 33-49
    8. Milwaukee - 31-51
    7. Utah - 32-50
    6. Sacramento - 30-52
    5. Boston - 29-53
    4. Charlotte 26-56
    3. Orlando 24-58
    2. Phoenix - 22-60
    1. Philly - 20-62

So how would tankers feel about getting 9th in the lottery?
    I'd be pretty pissed.

Axel wrote: View Post
    9th is ok, but it just shows how close we are to the top 5 range anyway. All the more reason to pull the trigger imo.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

The pessimism is most likely due to the fact that Toronto did not get any major talent in the offseason (no high draft picks, no key free agents) and other teams did. Organic growth should signify some improvement but they usually don't use that when coming up with mock standings.

Since ESPN actually had records beside each team, I wanted to see what the 'lottery' projection would have looked like.

14. Dallas - 39-43
    11. NOLA - 37-45
    10. LA - 36-46
    9. Toronto - 33-49
    8. Milwaukee - 31-51
    7. Utah - 32-50
    6. Sacramento - 30-52
    5. Boston - 29-53
    4. Charlotte 26-56
    3. Orlando 24-58
    2. Phoenix - 22-60
    1. Philly - 20-62

9th is ok, but it just shows how close we are to the top 5 range anyway. All the more reason to pull the trigger imo.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

14. Dallas - 39-43
    11. NOLA - 37-45
    10. LA - 36-46
    9. Toronto - 33-49
    8. Milwaukee - 31-51
    7. Utah - 32-50
    6. Sacramento - 30-52
    5. Boston - 29-53
    4. Charlotte 26-56
    3. Orlando 24-58
    2. Phoenix - 22-60
    1. Philly - 20-62

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    not sure I understand your post..come again?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I remember being so angry at Hollinger last year with 33 wins predicted. We showed him! *jk*

I guess they are looking at the rest of the league and thinking the Raptors did not improve as much as others or, more likely, they think a sell-off is coming sooner than later.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. Pistons, Cavs and Wizards all pushing for (and in this article 'making') the playoffs while only the Celtics and Bucks dropped below the Raps.

I think the Raps if healthy, are 7th best. If injuries mount up, I could see us easily being down just ahead of the Magic and 76ers. Most likely, something in between will happen, therefore 10th seems reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    100% because I want a Canadian Superstar, playing in Canada.

I hope TL does EVERYTHING in his power to get Wiggans. Lie, cheat, steal. The NBA needs Wiggans in Canada.
    Do you feel NBA in Canada? I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think ESPN had us around the same spot, but the thing that bugs me about these rankings, is that they have the Raptors at 33-49. Which had us getting worse from last year. I just don't see that happening.
    I remember being so angry at Hollinger last year with 33 wins predicted. We showed him! *jk*

I guess they are looking at the rest of the league and thinking the Raptors did not improve as much as others or, more likely, they think a sell-off is coming sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    100% because I want a Canadian Superstar, playing in Canada.

I hope TL does EVERYTHING in his power to get Wiggans. Lie, cheat, steal. The NBA needs Wiggans in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Personally I wish it was 15th...but what can ya do
    Well if we're wishing for positions, why not wish for 1st? Seems odd.. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    I think it's fair. 10th is reasonable. Personally I wish it was 15th...but what can ya do

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I think ESPN had us around the same spot, but the thing that bugs me about these rankings, is that they have the Raptors at 33-49. Which had us getting worse from last year. I just don't see that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    ya i think so too...but I liked bugging him anyhow, I actually think the managerial moves and the admin moves (scouting etc) were every bit as important...too important to ignore really.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    ok, I just emailed Chris Mannix...had to, had to ask if he was being sarcastic...10th is fair, but jesus, "toronto has done relatively nothing in the off season".

What THA FUCK!

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Fair enough, although, I couldn't tell if the part about the GM doing relatively Little was sarcasm or not, I mean, really, he's done a shit load since being here, SI forgot that he overhauled the entire staff and scouts except for the coach. Add that to cutting lose a ton of guys and adding a ton, trading AB....jesus man, he's been crazy busy, as has TL.
    I think he's referring to the roster moves were nothing major. We bring back our entire starting 5 and the only rotational guy added in Hansborough. Not sure they put much emphasis on the unproven guys we are hoping to produce (Buycks for example).

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Fair enough, although, I couldn't tell if the part about the GM doing relatively Little was sarcasm or not, I mean, really, he's done a shit load since being here, SI forgot that he overhauled the entire staff and scouts except for the coach. Add that to cutting lose a ton of guys and adding a ton, trading AB....jesus man, he's been crazy busy, as has TL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X