Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank and a trade

Guys.

With the league having so many new Canadian stars, how do you feel about the Raptors management trying a crazy plan...a tank and some trades.

Talent and picks for TT in cleveland.
    a deal to bring the kid in SA here
    and a major tank to maximize a bottom three finish where toronto is guaranteed a top three pick, and can then swing a deal with the other two teams to ensure they get Wiggans, who, the other teams know wants BADLY to be in toronto.

Who's in??

I wonder if Cleveland would do something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mv666p8

With us also getting a 1st round pick from them. Would allow them to start Bennett, and also potentially make a playoff run if Bynum and Kyrie are fully healthy.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not sold on either Thompson or Joseph.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Blasphemy!

Return your passport to the neart passport office!

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          I wonder if Cleveland would do something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mv666p8

With us also getting a 1st round pick from them. Would allow them to start Bennett, and also potentially make a playoff run if Bynum and Kyrie are fully healthy.
          Not even really sure how much I'd want to do this myself. Thompson seems like kind of an empty double-double guy to me, like a JJ Hickson type.

Just kind of tossing an idea in there to fit with what the OP said.

Wouldn't mind having Joseph as a backup PG though.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Blasphemy!

Return your passport to the neart passport office!
            lol, I would take Bayless over Joseph....and I loathe Bayless.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              The thing I like about Thompson is the massive improvement year over year. The Per36 numbers don't look all that different but if you drill down (or you watched some Cleveland games) you see the huge improvement in his offensive game from year one. Now, if the whole right handed shooting thing works, you have a post player with effective moves to both hands, plus his superior athleticism. And, even if he doesn't improve much more, you still have a 13/10 guy who can defend. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with you on Joseph. Haven't seen enough of him in SA to know.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                The thing I like about Thompson is the massive improvement year over year. The Per36 numbers don't look all that different but if you drill down (or you watched some Cleveland games) you see the huge improvement in his offensive game from year one. Now, if the whole right handed shooting thing works, you have a post player with effective moves to both hands, plus his superior athleticism. And, even if he doesn't improve much more, you still have a 13/10 guy who can defend. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree with you on Joseph. Haven't seen enough of him in SA to know.
                I agree that Thompson's shown encouraging improvement. But if we're starting from a blank trade slate, and we can hypothetically target any young power forward in the league, Thompson wouldn't be highest on my list.

Comment

What massive improvement did Thompson make last year, other than shooting a little bit better (still below average) and playing more minutes?

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                    What massive improvement did Thompson make last year, other than shooting a little bit better (still below average) and playing more minutes?
                    Go look at the huge offensive rebounding rate increase. Go compare his TRB% to the top rebounding PFs in the NBA. Go look at his AST% and TOR deltas.

Better, go find some Cavs games when he started and watch him play with the ball and become an integral part of the offense as opposed to his first year when they couldn't utilize him at all as a post player or passer. Or, you can observe his defensive improvements.

Comment

Go look at the huge offensive rebounding rate increase. Go compare his TRB% to the top rebounding PFs in the NBA. Go look at his AST% and TOR deltas.

Better, go find some Cavs games when he started and watch him play with the ball and become an integral part of the offense as opposed to his first year when they couldn't utilize him at all as a post player or passer. Or, you can observe his defensive improvements.
                      Didn't watch a ton of the Cavs last year so I should probably do that. I really was asking a question so thanks for answering.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed this especially when they played against the Raps. He was getting the ball in the post every other possession. If his usage stays consistent/increases next season, I think he'll just as important to the team as Kyrie is.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, I noticed this especially when they played against the Raps. He was getting the ball in the post every other possession. If his usage stays consistent/increases next season, I think he'll just as important to the team as Kyrie is.
                          The question though is Andy V going to get a lot of minutes.. and if so will that hurt his development? Only so many minutes can go around and if Andy V/Bynum are starting than TT is going to be a backup and that might hurt his development.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The question though is Andy V going to get a lot of minutes.. and if so will that hurt his development? Only so many minutes can go around and if Andy V/Bynum are starting than TT is going to be a backup and that might hurt his development.
                            If I were Mike Brown, I'd start the season off with TT-Varejao as starting frontcourt, and have Bynum come off the bench. If Bynum is healthy and returns to earlier form, then start him.

Keep in mind that although Varejao had a career year last year, he is also coming off a major injury. My gut tells me TT will be always starting, and Varejao-Bynum will be going at it for the starting job. Varejao may even be better coming off the bench, since he could backup both TT or Bynum, depending on how the play Bennett*.

* this is a whole other argument
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              Guys.

With the league having so many new Canadian stars, how do you feel about the Raptors management trying a crazy plan...a tank and some trades.

Talent and picks for TT in cleveland.
                              a deal to bring the kid in SA here
                              and a major tank to maximize a bottom three finish where toronto is guaranteed a top three pick, and can then swing a deal with the other two teams to ensure they get Wiggans, who, the other teams know wants BADLY to be in toronto.

Who's in??

Let's also draft Pangos and Stevie Nash can be our HC!!

Jay Triano can be Assitant Head coach and Assistant GM
                              Last edited by LBF; Fri Aug 16, 2013, 07:12 PM.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X