Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Off-Season Grade by SI.com B-

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptors Off-Season Grade by SI.com B-

    http://nba.si.com/2013/08/28/offseas...sct=nba_t12_a2


    Nothing we didn't know already really, but always interested to see an outsiders perspective.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

  • #2
    Axel wrote: View Post
    http://nba.si.com/2013/08/28/offseas...sct=nba_t12_a2


    Nothing we didn't know already really, but always interested to see an outsiders perspective.
    The Play of the Summer:

    That Ujiri was able to acquire a first-round pick and two second-round picks from the Knicks while shaving $4 million in salary this season (creating room to make moves under the tax line) and $7.4 million* for the 2014-15 season is, frankly, amazing. Bargnani would have been dead weight on the Raptors’ cap sheet and a drain on their performance. Instead, Ujiri has cleared that hurdle with assets to spare, and the only cost was the $11 million owed to Novak over the next three years.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 29, 2013, 10:28 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, that's a very fair assessment I think, and at least another writer that recognizes the importance of moving Bargs and BC for the health of the franchise. .

      Comment


      • #4
        JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Yeah, that's a very fair assessment I think, and at least another writer that recognizes the importance of moving Bargs and BC for the health of the franchise. .
        I don't think there's a serious NBA writer alive who doesn't regard the Bargnani trade as being evidence that Masai is a magical wizard GM, but I also think most of them don't think losing Bargnani alone is enough to turn the Raps into a contender.

        Comment


        • #5
          magoon wrote: View Post
          I don't think there's a serious NBA writer alive who doesn't regard the Bargnani trade as being evidence that Masai is a magical wizard GM, but I also think most of them don't think losing Bargnani alone is enough to turn the Raps into a contender.
          No, but still a necessary step to becoming one.

          Comment


          • #6
            Since the two are so closely linked for the next couple of seasons, here's the Knicks one.

            http://nba.si.com/2013/08/29/offseas...w-york-knicks/

            What Went Wrong: The costly, nonsensical acquisition of Andrea Bargnani, who addresses not a single one of New York’s needs. Even the one thing that Bargnani, 27, supposedly does well is a bit of a mirage; the former Raptor made only 32.3 percent of his three-pointers in his last three seasons (the league average was about 35.5 percent in that time), submarining his reputation as a stretch 4. Otherwise, he’s a horrid rebounder and reluctant defender, which in total makes him a lesser version of big man Amar’e Stoudemire, whose flaws already compromise the Knicks strategically.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Axel wrote: View Post
              Since the two are so closely linked for the next couple of seasons, here's the Knicks one.

              http://nba.si.com/2013/08/29/offseas...w-york-knicks/
              If it was a problem of effort for why Andrea was a flop in Toronto, then I think we'll see the best version of him in a Knicks uniform. The way the fans turned on him last season and the spotlight being so bright in New York, he can't let a lack of effort be what holds him back any longer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                If it was a problem of effort for why Andrea was a flop in Toronto, then I think we'll see the best version of him in a Knicks uniform. The way the fans turned on him last season and the spotlight being so bright in New York, he can't let a lack of effort be what holds him back any longer.
                I think he'll come out of the gates strong, and some Raptor fans will scream "why'd we give up on Andrea?!?!?!".

                But you can't change a man's personality. He'll revert back to his lazy self well before the all-star break.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  If it was a problem of effort for why Andrea was a flop in Toronto, then I think we'll see the best version of him in a Knicks uniform. The way the fans turned on him last season and the spotlight being so bright in New York, he can't let a lack of effort be what holds him back any longer.
                  You are what you are....AB does not and will never have the mental make-up to be a solid consistent NBA player.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You know, reading this article and the other article links in the body of the article.... in 20 years, we're going to look back at the Bryan Colangelo era and just say "What the hell was that!!???"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                      You know, reading this article and the other article links in the body of the article.... in 20 years, we're going to look back at the Bryan Colangelo era and just say "What the hell was that!!???"
                      It's only been a few months, and I'm already saying "What the hell was that!!???" With Ujiri signing useful players to 1-2 year guaranteed contracts, why the hell did BC drastically overpay Kleiza, Fields, etc. for FOUR YEARS at a laughable annual salary? What the hell was that!!???
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                        You know, reading this article and the other article links in the body of the article.... in 20 years, we're going to look back at the Bryan Colangelo era and just say "What the hell was that!!???"
                        I think there was no shortage of people who have been asking "what the hell is this!!???" for a very long time now.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X