Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devlin gets around

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Devlin gets around

    It's weird watching Matt Devlin calling the Michigan football game on the big ten network. He's using his common tags like: "when you think about this Michigan football team...gone are the days of Denard Robinson".

    Haha, weird.
    Welp, that sucked.

  • #2
    Haha I can see why people like him and I always like when he's on tnt. He's got color in his voice and enjoys getting off topic while sticking to the game (usually) when required. He's grown on me and I'd love him and Jack next year minus leo and rod. Oh and then theres punjabi.

    Comment


    • #3
      Devlin's a great play by play guy. Raptors are lucky to have him.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • #4
        Devlin's a shmuck, but he's good at what he does.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

        Comment


        • #5
          Jays game, Raptors, TNT Playoffs, Michigan...anything else?

          Comment


          • #6
            Sheptor wrote: View Post
            Jays game, Raptors, TNT Playoffs, Michigan...anything else?
            He's also done the CFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              Las Vegas Summer League..basically he'd go wherever he is wanted basically, like WNBA or NASCAR even.

              Comment


              • #8
                Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Las Vegas Summer League..basically he'd go wherever he is wanted basically, like WNBA or NASCAR even.
                Looking at his Bio on Raptors.com, he's done the WNBA Draft on 3 separate occasions ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  I got over T Mac leaving, Vince and even Bosh, but Raptors games haven't been the same for me since Swirsky left.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Chuck motherfuckin Swirsky. He was the man. It was sad when he left. He got out at a good time though lol he wouldn't have had much opportunity to say things like "Bring out the salami and cheese mama, this ball game is over!" or "It's raining Trey's here in Toronto!" in the last couple years lol
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You gotta think Devlin is happy to be able to just sit back and call these other sports games and not have to worry about who wins or who loses or having to call it a certain way..
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                      Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        LBF wrote: View Post
                        Devlin's a shmuck, but he's good at what he does.
                        Plus he doesn't annoy me as much as Bob Costas. Can't express how much I'd like to see him (Costas) flogged.
                        Last edited by Mediumcore; Sun Sep 1, 2013, 09:41 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LBF wrote: View Post
                          Devlin's a shmuck, but he's good at what he does.
                          Perfect description. Drives me crazy .. but have to give him some props .. especially when I hear him do non-raps stuff. But, in no way, shape or form is he not a shmuck ..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Matty D has improved as a play by play through the years. Coz I used to only watching nationally televised games where guys like marv albert, mike tirico, al michaels, kevin harlan doing play by plays. Yes he had a lot of terrible lines and errors (Lousy Nicknames like Killer B's, AP, JV,; overtime no raptors win vs nets after devin harris misses gamewinner; calling jonas valanciunas jan vesely; etc.)

                            But he also had some funny lines like punjabi as peja drills it, the singing bon jovi w/ jack armstrong (i know some of you guys find it annoying), shot doesn't go, he drills it, him becoming a homer announcer w/ lines like derozan drives inside contact no call lol, and of course him making fun of wale.

                            He's actually a pretty decent blue jays commentator too, a good break from buck's nasal voice. I also like how he pronounces Mark Derosa Mark Deroza, like Demar Derozan.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              2KJ wrote: View Post
                              Matty D has improved as a play by play through the years. Coz I used to only watching nationally televised games where guys like marv albert, mike tirico, al michaels, kevin harlan doing play by plays. Yes he had a lot of terrible lines and errors (Lousy Nicknames like Killer B's, AP, JV,; overtime no raptors win vs nets after devin harris misses gamewinner; calling jonas valanciunas jan vesely; etc.)

                              But he also had some funny lines like punjabi as peja drills it, the singing bon jovi w/ jack armstrong (i know some of you guys find it annoying), shot doesn't go, he drills it, him becoming a homer announcer w/ lines like derozan drives inside contact no call lol, and of course him making fun of wale.

                              He's actually a pretty decent blue jays commentator too, a good break from buck's nasal voice. I also like how he pronounces Mark Derosa Mark Deroza, like Demar Derozan.
                              hahahaha. the Silver fox that is Buck MArtinez
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X