#4 Worst Franchise in NBA History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    The Toronto franchise exists because of the great fan base for NBA basketball here. The last time I looked the games are played indoors unaffected by weather. The Raptors' past is water under the bridge.
    Tell that to Shawn Marion...dude (who's from Chicago originally) was too scared to leave his condo, because of the weather, Barbosa wasn't a fan either.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ranking is fair, but there are a lot half-truths. Toronto can out-pay players to play here if they don't like the taxes so that's a non-issue. Toronto is like Chicago, New York or Boston in terms of market it just isn't in the same country and doesn't have a history of winning.

Outside of the lack of winning Toronto has three drawbacks.
    1. Weather.
    2. Lack of exposure in the U.S. (Bosh cited this as a gripe of his that his family in Dallas had problems watching his games.)
    3. Culture...for a number of players Toronto is the first place they traveled to outside of the U.S., the novelty of it being a non-US team works against it.

But, the team prints money for the NBA, so they will tolerate the franchise as long as they get their money.
    Last edited by Raptorsss; Sun Sep 22, 2013, 10:44 AM.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      Tell that to Shawn Marion...dude (who's from Chicago originally) was too scared to leave his condo, because of the weather, Barbosa wasn't a fan either.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ranking is fair, but there are a lot half-truths. Toronto can out-pay players to play here if they don't like the taxes so that's a non-issue. Toronto is like Chicago, New York or Boston in terms of market it just isn't in the same country and doesn't have a history of winning.

Outside of the lack of winning Toronto has three drawbacks.
      1. Weather.
      2. Lack of exposure in the U.S. (Bosh cited this as a gripe of his that his family in Dallas had problems watching his games.)
      3. Culture...for a number of players Toronto is the first place they traveled to outside of the U.S., the novelty of it being a non-US team works against it.

But, the team prints money for the NBA, so they will tolerate the franchise as long as they get their money.
      I have lived in both the Chicago area and Toronto also. There are only very subtle differences in the winter climate. It feels colder in Chicago, actually, with the predominant northwest wind coming from the Lake Michigan side.

Comment

#4 worst - probably. On the aggregate, it's been a poor 17 years.

The weather & tax talk is no-research BS. Period. Been over those discussions ad nauseam. Yes, T-Mac left. Conveniently forgotten is that for every player who has walked (there've only been a couple in 17 seasons) 10 times that many have re-signed, including Vince & Bosh.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
        X