X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Inglis would be my choice at 20

He's 6'9 240lbs SF 7'3 wingspan

also unlike Grant he can actually do something on offense so we would not be playing 4on5
    He really intrigues me. He's early second round ATM on DX, but could easily rise after workouts etc. Still so much time for lots of movement on the draft board. Much rather swing for the fences on him or to a lesser extent Jeremi Grant than go for someone like McDaniels. I don't see much offensive potential for him. He has a weird set shot thing that he will struggle to get off in the NBA. As an athlete he's kind of like DeMar. If you give him a straight line he can jump, but looks like he has a very slow first step, although he can't be too bad laterally if he's so good defensively. He won't be able to create his own shot, seems rather awkward and mediocre handles.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      He really intrigues me. He's early second round ATM on DX, but could easily rise after workouts etc. Still so much time for lots of movement on the draft board. Much rather swing for the fences on him or to a lesser extent Jeremi Grant than go for someone like McDaniels. I don't see much offensive potential for him. He has a weird set shot thing that he will struggle to get off in the NBA. As an athlete he's kind of like DeMar. If you give him a straight line he can jump, but looks like he has a very slow first step, although he can't be too bad laterally if he's so good defensively. He won't be able to create his own shot, seems rather awkward and mediocre handles.
      Damien Inglis was the absolute dominator of the NIJT in Belgrade. Rarely, a player has been so present in all categories in such a setting. Compared to what Inglis showed one year ago, he made an enormous step forward in his approach to the game. However, this was kind of surprising as he is not nearly as dominant with his INSEP team in the French third division. So it looks like the versatile forward wanted to show something in Belgrade, knowing that all eyes were on him. He took over the complete control of the French offense in a way that we did not know from him. Dominating the ball, scoring, creating, driving and playing defense, Inglis was everywhere on the court and he could only be stopped by a small knee injury in the semi-finals.

The main change in his game is that he is playing fully on the Small Forward spot right now. When we criticized him last summer to impose too much his physique to dominate in the PF, Inglis has now really moved outside the three-point area to create on the drive. He likes to put the ball on the floor to attack the basket and his dramatically improved his passing. He finds his team mates on the penetration when the help is coming but he has also improved his passing angles and timing when going for example for the high low or finding the cutters from the top of the key. Even if he is more active from outside now, Inglis still goes sometimes in the low post if he is defended by physically inferior players. He can either play them with his back to the basket but also recognize the help situations and kick it out to the free shooters.

Talking about his physique, Inglis is really well built. Large shoulders and already quite mature, the French forward looked like a man among kids at moments. Added to his strong presence, he has also some explosiveness even if he might lack elite leaping abilities. Nevertheless, he can come up with some spectacular plays on both ends of the court, playing often above the rim and not being afraid to go for the hard dunk. Inglis has not really improved his shooting game though. He remains an occasional three-point threat, even if he took nearly one long-range shot per every 10 minutes he was on the court. With such a small sample, it is difficult to judge about his regularity from outside but he can knock it down at around 35% most likely. He has to work though on his mid-range game which is nearly inexistent in terms of scoring from about 3-4 meters.

In general, you can say that Inglis has grown in his overall game, becoming a leader on the court who wants to have the ball in his hands. He finished with an impressive stat line even if he played only 14 minutes in the semi-final before he got injured. If you take out this game, he averaged 23.7ppg, 10.7rpg and 9.0apg in the first three games of the event which would give him an unreal 42.3PIR. But next to these stats, Inglis has to show that he can not only lead his team in numbers but make them a winning squad. In the highly important game versus Partizan which decided on the semi-final opponent, Inglis was unable to bring home the victory to his guys despite a 39PIR. He has another occasion during the summer with the French U18 National Team to win a medal or eventually during the NIJT Final 8 in London if INSEP is getting a wildcard as rumored.

Link http://www.europeanprospects.com/nijt-b ... #more-4448
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Inglis would be my choice at 20

He's 6'9 240lbs SF 7'3 wingspan

also unlike Grant he can actually do something on offense so we would not be playing 4on5
        The wingspan will be huge if he can play D.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          The wingspan will be huge if he can play D.
          "Has the wingspan, frame, intensity level, lateral quickness and instincts to stay in front of virtually any player. Guarded every position in the games we saw"

From Draftexpress

Comment

"Has the wingspan, frame, intensity level, lateral quickness and instincts to stay in front of virtually any player. Guarded every position in the games we saw"

From Draftexpress
            Fuck yes.

Get him.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              Fuck yes.
              He's like MKG with a better jumpshot and handles

Comment

He's like MKG with a better jumpshot and handles
                As long as he plays above average D, and will not make us play 4 on 5, then take him. He has good size and great length.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  I love watching tj warren score for nc state but really unsure if his game will translate to the nba. Seems like a big risk reward at no. 20
                  This is the guy I am warming up to more and more. I think he can play the 3 without question at the NBA level. He showed an improvement to his body from his freshman to sophomore years, cutting weight to add mobility, but keeping strength to bully defenders. He brings the size I would like the Raptors to have at the 3 spot, scores in transition and off of cuts very well, great as a 3rd option, plays passing lanes, and gets to the offensive glass.

Warren did not the shot the three that well this year at under 30%, but he shot over 50% as a freshman in much fewer attempts, I think he will be fine in the NBA when he is not looked upon to score 25 points a night. HE also increased his free throw percentage by 15%, the respectable 69%, with a little more improvement he will be solidly in the the 70s

Right now this is my guy at 20 if he is there.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• ....arguably the best athleticism of any wing player in the draft not named Andrew Wiggins.
                    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Daniels-41152/

That statement alone has me intrigued.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Daniels-41152/

That statement alone has me intrigued.
                      Hmmm. He's kind of lacking in size for a SF though. He seems like a very similar size to DD.

Speaking of which, his scouting report reminds me a lot of a young DD who can play defence. If he's got Demar's work ethic, I can see him turning into something special.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        Hmmm. He's kind of lacking in size for a SF though. He seems like a very similar size to DD.

Speaking of which, his scouting report reminds me a lot of a young DD who can play defence. If he's got Demar's work ethic, I can see him turning into something special.
                        Good points.

I guess with DeRozan (and a developing Ross) already on the wings, offensive production from a late draft pick, isn't a top priority for me. With Casey re-upped for 3 years, I think "fit" might be more important.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Good points.

I guess with DeRozan (and a developing Ross) already on the wings, offensive production from a late draft pick, isn't a top priority for me. With Casey re-upped for 3 years, I think "fit" might be more important.
                          Definitely at this point, fit is important or else we'll never be able to develop them.

Already having Ross and DD at the SG creates somewhat of a conundrum. do we go out and get a true SF and stifle Ross's growth by playing him off the bench? Or at what point do we decide whether Ross or Derozan is the future at the 2?
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            Definitely at this point, fit is important or else we'll never be able to develop them.

Already having Ross and DD at the SG creates somewhat of a conundrum. do we go out and get a true SF and stifle Ross's growth by playing him off the bench? Or at what point do we decide whether Ross or Derozan is the future at the 2?
                            Maybe guys need to realize starting in not everything, look at Manu and Jamal Crawford. Hell, even Tyreke Evans came off the bench this year, Taj Gibson has done it for years. Ross can back up the 2 and 3 spots getting lots of minutes and can be more of a focal point on the second unit.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              Maybe guys need to realize starting in not everything, look at Manu and Jamal Crawford. Hell, even Tyreke Evans came off the bench this year, Taj Gibson has done it for years. Ross can back up the 2 and 3 spots getting lots of minutes and can be more of a focal point on the second unit.
                              Yeah good point. I guess the issue with Ross is two fold: his game is uniquely suited as a complimentary player surrounded by stars (given his ability to shoot the long ball and defend and lack of ability to create his own shot) and secondly, he really did only break out once moved into the starting 5.

But I guess that is not necessarily the case for every player that we draft.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• a lot depends on what kinda shape Ross comes back in. Casey was saying that Ross truly felt the need the get bigger after getting bodied by guys like Joe Johnson
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X