Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Chad Fords Mock Draft 6.0

Elfrid PaytonCOLLEGE: Louisiana LafayetteAGE: 20Class: JrHT: 6-4WT: 185POS: PG
    Both Kyle Lowry and Greivis Vasquez are free agents this summer. While the Raptors would like to sign them both, Payton offers them some important insurance. In fact, even as a prospect he's probably a better than Vasquez from day one. Payton is the biggest sleeper in the draft. With his length, athleticism and defense I could see him going significantly higher than this, but I don't think he gets past Toronto if he's still on the board.

This starting to become consensus on most mock drafts. I would believe it if Vasquez wasn't putting up pics of himself in Raptors/OvO gear in every post on IG. Knowing Casey no way that Payton plays over Vasquez doesn't matter how much better he is on D. I just don't see Masai picking a 3rd string PG with that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, but maybe Klow and GV could play some SG?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      But then who does Cleveland take at 5? Smart? Randle?
      Probably Vonleh, and try to turn a package of their other young talent into a quality wing: say trade Thompson and Karasev along with that 2015 Miami first-rounder to Orlando for Aaron Afflalo, for example. Then you have a front five of Kyrie/Waiters/Afflalo/Vonleh/Kanter, which is young but solid. Re-sign Varajao at a decent price, get some vets who can help the kids on a mental level (and it's a decent enough year for vets), and you've got the makings of a competitive team in the East with room to grow.

And would you rather Kanter or Embiid/Wiggins?
      Embiid is a question mark because of his back, and Wiggins will need time to develop; neither is quite right for a Cleveland team whose owner desperately wants to win now. If Cleveland just goes with the #1 pick I'd expect them to take Jabari.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Probably Vonleh, and try to turn a package of their other young talent into a quality wing: say trade Thompson and Karasev along with that 2015 Miami first-rounder to Orlando for Aaron Afflalo, for example. Then you have a front five of Kyrie/Waiters/Afflalo/Vonleh/Kanter, which is young but solid. Re-sign Varajao at a decent price, get some vets who can help the kids on a mental level (and it's a decent enough year for vets), and you've got the makings of a competitive team in the East with room to grow.
        I think all that is Cleveland being pretty much stuck in the mud the same way they always are.

I think the smart play is make a draft choice you hope is a franchise player or as close as possible in this draft, which seems to be Embiid or Wiggins, and build around that guy. If it works out with your current core, great. If not, the current core is fully replaceable, even Irving who I think is overrated and probably not worth the max contract he'll demand.

EDIT: So basically, I think the draft choice this year is fairly likely to be a better piece than anything they have, and thus they are better off keeping it and trading whatever else they have to, even if it means more rebuilding, in order to put an actual team of pieces that fit together out on the floor that could compete in the playoffs for years.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue May 20, 2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Said no one ever.
          That's pretty childish....GREAT DEBATE. Next You'll start shouting "No touch backs!" Seriously, WTF IS YOUR F'ING problem? There's no way that they keep all those kids. NO WAY.

1/WHY DO YOU THINK THEY TRADED FOR DENG? Because they needed vets.
          2/ KYRIE IRVING IS NOT AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED
          3/ THE CAVS HAVE THE LONGEST STRETCH OF NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS OF ANY TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS. Why? Because they have a bunch of kids playing a man's game. THEY CANNOT ADD TO THAT NURSERY SCHOOL AND WIN. PERIOD.
          4/ THEY HAVE A NEW GM WHO HAS NO TIE TO ANY OF THEM.

They literally have 2 choices. Trade one or some of the kids they have OR TRADE one, or some of their draft picks. ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD THINK THEY ARE KEEPING ALL/ANY of those picks/rookie contracts. Only 4 of their players have even seen the playoffs!

Varajeo is done. Deng is gone. That leaves Jarrett Jack and friggin' Spencer Hawes as their players with experience who will play.

--- THAT IS A JOKE ---

Keep being a computer tough guy RFE.

Comment

• I wasn't talking about the Cavs, at the start you said "too bad for the Lakers".

That's what I was joking about. Look at what I emboldened in your post.

Comment

• This photo of Embiid and Wiggins right after the Cleveland #1 was announced is priceless.

Comment

• The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I really like Payton. I would not at all be bothered by the Raps taking a possible 3rd string PG with the 20th pick (or even moving up for Ennis). It's always good to have that insurance if one of Vasquez or Lowry is not re-signed. Also Vasquez did a good job playing as a SG this year and he's generally a bit less exposed quickness-wise on D there. Also can't forget that even if both are re-signed, Vasquez may be for just one year if they can't agree on a long contract and he just signs for the qualifying offer.
                It could be just a QO but the way GV on IG like this. Seems like he was promised to be a raptor lifer. I like him too . I think I was the first to bring him up like 2 monthes ago. He possesses everything you want in a PG. He even has Canadian ties(Father CFL Hall of Famer). His been too Canada a couple times.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 21, 2014, 12:08 AM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GV could be our career backup PG. Don't need to worry about that slot.

Comment

• In case no one here has seen Elfrid Payton play.

http://youtu.be/ZWqfHE4J3EU

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Pass first PG

http://youtu.be/EM1wl4Khebk

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Uses every bit of that 6'8" wingspan

http://youtu.be/PKNtu8GEKX0

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Relevant:

Comment

• I feel like the Kings might actually swap that pick and a contract for Amir.

Edit: Let me be more specific

Kings Get:
                            Amir Johnson
                            #20 Pick

Raptors Get:
                            Jason Thompson
                            #8 Pick

The Kings save money by sending us Thompson (owed about 6.5M per year through the 2016-17 season), and get a legitimate power forward to pair with DeMarcus Cousins. Really depends on how much the Kings are looking to save money while still adding veteran talent.

I'd love for us to be able to snag Vonleh with that pick. Maybe makes us a little worse short term, but raises the overall ceiling of the team. Could be a potential all-star at that 4 spot.

Not 100% sure the Kings would be interested though, but who knows. Stephen Jackson was traded for a pick that high once so it's not impossible.
                            Last edited by imanshumpert; Wed May 21, 2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Payton? Great! I would like to have at least 10 or 11 point guards on the roster before training camp next year. Masai better get to work.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Payton? Great! I would like to have at least 10 or 11 point guards on the roster before training camp next year. Masai better get to work.
                                Having Stone, Buycks and Nando shouldn't be a deciding factor on who we draft.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X