No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly's pick at the 3 slot may be for sale as well as Sacto's at the 8. Cleveland will take one of Wiggins or Parker and then Milwaukee will take who Cleveland didn't. Deng is leaving Cleveland and that leaves the Cavs with Alonso Gee as the projected starter. In Milwaukee you have Khris Middleton and Carlos Delfino at SF and they have Larry Sanders in the middle. BPA and need at the SF position for the Bucks.
    That leaves Philly with Embiid as BPA and they already have Nerlens Noel. Understand all the reasons why you take the BPA but at some point you have to consider what it is you need to construct a functional team... or you look like Cleveland with a whole bunch of talented players that can't make it work on the floor.
    Any thoughts out there on what Philly would sell the 3 slot for ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 21, 2014, 09:28 AM. Reason: edit in italics
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• If 3 is available shouldn't we reach to get it? Draft either Parker or Wiggins if they are still there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd rather see the Raptors trade down than loosing assets to trade up.

Especially if both Robinson and Grant are available.

I' growing up on Alphabet brother, i would draft him with our early 2nd.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Would you guys trade DD+NY/DENVER 2016 PICK+2015 PICK for Cleveland's #1 Pick and Varejao?

Our lineup for the future would be Ross, Wiggins, JV.

Ross&Wiggins could space out nicely, Ross is a three point shooter whole Wiggins will be able to get in the lane, JV, is, well JV.

And maybe with our 20th pick draft a guy like Elfrid Payton?

Comment

• I don't know if some of y'all are basketball junkies like me but, here's a full game of USA vs Lithuania u19 from last summer. Payton starts at PG with Smart playing off ball. Jarnell Stokes start as well. Id like to add that Stokes start over Gordon and Okafor(consensus 1 pick in 15)

http://youtu.be/trJg7FxOeHI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Why are you guys so eager to loose assets in this draft to reach on a player, it's not like the raptors are stuck in no-man's land or are going nowhere. It'S also a pipe dream to thinkpicks from 1 to 3 will be available.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                Would you guys trade DD+NY/DENVER 2016 PICK+2015 PICK for Cleveland's #1 Pick and Varejao?

Ross&Wiggins could space out nicely, Ross is a three point shooter whole Wiggins will be able to get in the lane, JV, is, well JV.

I'd prefer sending our 20th rather than our 2015. If we move DD, we might lose Lowry, in which case we are rebuilding and moving our own future picks are a bad idea. The NYK/DEN pick would be necessary.

But yes, I would love that, and CLE would not do it.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I'd prefer sending our 20th rather than our 2015. If we move DD, we might lose Lowry, in which case we are rebuilding and moving our own future picks are a bad idea. The NYK/DEN pick would be necessary.

But yes, I would love that, and CLE would not do it.
                  Why not? Cavs get a cheap 24 year old all star for 3 more years, and 2 picks as well while one has the potential to be pretty high, and bringing in DD will immediately improve them, which will help Kyirrie stay.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather see the Raptors trade down than loosing assets to trade up.

Especially if both Robinson and Grant are available.

I' growing up on Alphabet brother, i would draft him with our early 2nd.
                    You never really see this too much in basketball. Usually, it's a football move. However, with a Draft like this and not too many starters probably to be had at 20, accumulating a few picks later on in this Draft is an interesting idea.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                      Would you guys trade DD+NY/DENVER 2016 PICK+2015 PICK for Cleveland's #1 Pick and Varejao?

In order to even get into the front door in talks with Cleveland, it would take Valanciunas, Ross, our 20th, The Knicks pick, and a future pick. We would have to take back a bad contract as well. And that's just to start.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        In order to even get into the front door in talks with Cleveland, it would take Valanciunas, Ross, our 20th, The Knicks pick, and a future pick. We would have to take back a bad contract as well. And that's just to start.

They won't get an offer anywhere near that. And for good reason. If they hang up the phone if the offer is less than that, there are zero conversations happening.

Anyway, if CLE is moving the pick, it is because they want some more veteran star power rather than futures. So although picks will need to be involved, a player like DD will be the centrepiece of any discussions. If they are thinking rebuild still, they just keep the pick and take Wiggins.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What Clevland needs more than anything else is a GM that knows how to judge talent and make a half decent pick. Their entire scouting staff should have been fired by now. Masaii for their #1 pick?

Comment

• WE ARE NOT GETTING THE CAVS PICK!

I posted this in another thread already but the #1 pick has only been traded once in the last 30 years, and it was for the #3 pick and 3 future 1st rounders. IF the Cavs do trade that pick it would be for a bonafide superstar or with Philly/Milwaukee/Orlando to reposition themselves and secure some extra assets.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              If we're taking back that contract, I'd hope we are getting #8 straight up, without sending our pick back. Then we might be able to package the two for a top 5 pick.
                              The Kings might be willing to do just Amir for JT + #8, since they don't seem to want anymore prospects to develop. That being said, it depends on how highly they value Amir.

But packaging #20 + #8 for a top 5 pick? I don't see any teams in the top 5 doing that. Philly, Milwaukee and Cleveland are obviously out. Orlando and Utah already have a truckload of prospects so I don't see why they would sacrifice talent to do that either. Maybe if they LOVE a guy at #20 but... meh.

I'd be looking at making a small deal with LA or Boston (maybe not even involving #20) to move up and get Randle or Vonleh if we had #8 on our hands.

I would be elated if we walked out of this draft with Vonleh + Kyle Anderson somehow.
                              Last edited by imanshumpert; Wed May 21, 2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Bleacher report released player comparisons for the too 50 prospects:

Jarnell Stokes - Chuck Hayes
                                Jerami Grant - Darius Miles
                                Damien Inglis - slasher version of Sefolosha
                                Early- poor man's Harrison Barnes
                                Kyle Anderson- Boris Diaw/Jalen Rose hybrid
                                Vonleh- Chris Bosh
                                Wiggins - Paul George/ Dominique Wilkins Hybrid
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X