Todays Feel-Good Read: Carlos Morais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Feel-Good Read: Carlos Morais

Ujiri said that regardless of whether Morais makes the team, a precedent has been set. An Angolan player has walked the NBA hardwood.

“Kids from that country can aspire to the NBA,” he said. “They say ‘if Carlos can get an invite, if I work hard, if I’m talented, maybe there is somebody watching me.’”

Morais said he tries not to think about what happens if he fails to make the team but he also recognizes that he has already won his battle. He has played in the NBA. He can pursue the rest of his career, wherever that takes him, in peace.

“This has been a blessing for me, just for the fact that I’m here with all these great players in this great organization,” he said. “If this doesn’t work out, I’ll still able to teach someone else what I learned here.”

“If I’m cut, maybe the dream will be over but at the end of the day, I really won’t have lost anything.”

http://blog.raptors.com/raptor-hopef...s-already-won/
    I don't think he is making the roster.

Best of luck to him.

This basically answers the debate on why we signed him. Masai does want to give African basketball players a chance to see the NBA, it wasn't necessarily a move to improve the organization.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Regardless of whether he makes the team or not, I'm happy for him even if he is gonna be really bad in the NBA. His dream to play a game in the NBA has finally come true! Seems like a good character guy! Best of luck to him!

Comment

Happy for the guy hopefully he gets a shot somewhere. Best of luck I mean Alan Anderson made it.

Comment

I think Morais will have a big impact on FIBA ball after his trip to the NBA. All of the other FIBA players will want an opportunity to try out NBA hardwood. Great move by Masai to encourage FIBA development.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            This basically answers the debate on why we signed him. Masai does want to give African basketball players a chance to see the NBA, it wasn't necessarily a move to improve the organization.
            Sometimes you can do a thing for more than one reason. Just because he wants to expand African Basketball does not mean Morais is untalented. Also I don't really have a problem using our 15th man to give an entire generation of kids hope.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              Sometimes you can do a thing for more than one reason. Just because he wants to expand African Basketball does not mean Morais is untalented. Also I don't really have a problem using our 15th man to give an entire generation of kids hope.
              You probably missed the debate (I forget who it was with), about the signing of Morais, but I was actually banking on him making this team and he is considered to be the most talented player playing African-pro ball. My expectations for him were too high, but Masai basically confirmed that he didn't bring him over to necessarily improve the organization.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                ...Masai basically confirmed that he didn't bring him over to necessarily improve the organization.
                He also confirmed, to all African basketball players, that the Raptors are willing to give a talented player a shot. Masai already has connections throughout African basketball. He just strengthened and deepened those connections well beyond any other NBA team. could payoff in the longer run.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Respect.
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

awwn poor guy
                    based on what he said he seems like a good man
                    best of luck, Morais
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Might not have seen the last of Morais. The training camp process could be invaluable to further invites and we weren't really set up to see what he could give us with DeMar, Rudy, Fields, Ross etc needing minutes.

ALSO

He still could make the team based on what he is showing in practice (that we don't see). Although Wright and Stone fill obvious needs and Daye and Novak have 3pt shooting more or less covered.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

[QUOTE=thead;236767...Daye and Novak have 3pt shooting more or less covered.[/QUOTE]

If you can get 3 pt shooting with tenacious defense, (assuming Morais has it) so much the better.

Comment

So it's now between Chris Wright and Julyan Stone, I say it's gonna be Julyan Stone as a third string SG.

Comment

Stone will be our 15th man, it's pretty much guaranteed.

Comment

My money's on not keeping any of them, leaving the roster spot open so that we've got more flexibility for potential trades later.

Comment

Working...
                              X