Todays Feel-Good Read: Carlos Morais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tkfu wrote: View Post
    My money's on not keeping any of them, leaving the roster spot open so that we've got more flexibility for potential trades later.
    With the amount of money any of these guys are going to make it'll be very easy to include them in any trade, if it becomes necessary. If they don't have to be flipped it gives you a little bit of injury protection in the sense that the player will know the system, whereas if you sign a guy to a ten day there's a learning curve. Also gives you a chance to develop a player, who has a (very small) chance of being an impact player (7-10 off the bench). Keeping a guy is low risk low reward, but that's still better than no risk no reward.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I dont like the idea of signing a guy just because its a feel good move. Th Raptors are not UM's little toy to play around with, no matter how noble his reasons for doing so.

If he wasnt gonna stick, it was a waste of a chance to scout and try out a guy that might have.

Comment

Thats a pretty scroogie way to assess this choice to attend camp. We dont really know the contextual question which prompted MU's response. Morais was after all the mvp of the recent FIBA African tournament and has been the captain of his team so it's not like he is here now because of pure altruism. Was there someone else who might have been a better invitee...we dont know.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
          My money's on not keeping any of them, leaving the roster spot open so that we've got more flexibility for potential trades later.
          I believe he is an unguaranteed contract.

He would be eligible to be waived until January 10 (or somewhere around there) without him being guaranteed for rest of year.

If Raptors need a roster space between now and then, he is easily removed from roster.

Same goes for WRight.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Thats a pretty scroogie way to assess this choice to attend camp. We dont really know the contextual question which prompted MU's response. Morais was after all the mvp of the recent FIBA African tournament and has been the captain of his team so it's not like he is here now because of pure altruism. Was there someone else who might have been a better invitee...we dont know.
            Oh yeah, I was was totally Scroogie when I posted that hahaha it happens.

Comment

Working...
            X