X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Thats a pretty scroogie way to assess this choice to attend camp. We dont really know the contextual question which prompted MU's response. Morais was after all the mvp of the recent FIBA African tournament and has been the captain of his team so it's not like he is here now because of pure altruism. Was there someone else who might have been a better invitee...we dont know.
    Oh yeah, I was was totally Scroogie when I posted that hahaha it happens.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    tkfu wrote: View Post
    My money's on not keeping any of them, leaving the roster spot open so that we've got more flexibility for potential trades later.
    I believe he is an unguaranteed contract.

He would be eligible to be waived until January 10 (or somewhere around there) without him being guaranteed for rest of year.

If Raptors need a roster space between now and then, he is easily removed from roster.

Same goes for WRight.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Thats a pretty scroogie way to assess this choice to attend camp. We dont really know the contextual question which prompted MU's response. Morais was after all the mvp of the recent FIBA African tournament and has been the captain of his team so it's not like he is here now because of pure altruism. Was there someone else who might have been a better invitee...we dont know.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    I dont like the idea of signing a guy just because its a feel good move. Th Raptors are not UM's little toy to play around with, no matter how noble his reasons for doing so.

If he wasnt gonna stick, it was a waste of a chance to scout and try out a guy that might have.

Leave a comment:

• ezz_bee
    replied
    tkfu wrote: View Post
    My money's on not keeping any of them, leaving the roster spot open so that we've got more flexibility for potential trades later.
    With the amount of money any of these guys are going to make it'll be very easy to include them in any trade, if it becomes necessary. If they don't have to be flipped it gives you a little bit of injury protection in the sense that the player will know the system, whereas if you sign a guy to a ten day there's a learning curve. Also gives you a chance to develop a player, who has a (very small) chance of being an impact player (7-10 off the bench). Keeping a guy is low risk low reward, but that's still better than no risk no reward.

Leave a comment:

• tkfu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    Stone will be our 15th man, it's pretty much guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied
    So it's now between Chris Wright and Julyan Stone, I say it's gonna be Julyan Stone as a third string SG.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    [QUOTE=thead;236767...Daye and Novak have 3pt shooting more or less covered.[/QUOTE]

If you can get 3 pt shooting with tenacious defense, (assuming Morais has it) so much the better.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Might not have seen the last of Morais. The training camp process could be invaluable to further invites and we weren't really set up to see what he could give us with DeMar, Rudy, Fields, Ross etc needing minutes.

ALSO

He still could make the team based on what he is showing in practice (that we don't see). Although Wright and Stone fill obvious needs and Daye and Novak have 3pt shooting more or less covered.

Leave a comment:

• lilmamba_
    replied
    awwn poor guy
    based on what he said he seems like a good man
    best of luck, Morais

Leave a comment:

• lilmamba_
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    Sometimes you can do a thing for more than one reason. Just because he wants to expand African Basketball does not mean Morais is untalented. Also I don't really have a problem using our 15th man to give an entire generation of kids hope.
    Respect.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    ...Masai basically confirmed that he didn't bring him over to necessarily improve the organization.
    He also confirmed, to all African basketball players, that the Raptors are willing to give a talented player a shot. Masai already has connections throughout African basketball. He just strengthened and deepened those connections well beyond any other NBA team. could payoff in the longer run.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    Sometimes you can do a thing for more than one reason. Just because he wants to expand African Basketball does not mean Morais is untalented. Also I don't really have a problem using our 15th man to give an entire generation of kids hope.
    You probably missed the debate (I forget who it was with), about the signing of Morais, but I was actually banking on him making this team and he is considered to be the most talented player playing African-pro ball. My expectations for him were too high, but Masai basically confirmed that he didn't bring him over to necessarily improve the organization.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    This basically answers the debate on why we signed him. Masai does want to give African basketball players a chance to see the NBA, it wasn't necessarily a move to improve the organization.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X