Clear All

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    Great tap by Fields and lay up there.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    They have plenty of time to jell and improve. The team already looks more coherent on both offense and defense.
    I would say the O still needs to get tighter. Even relative to last year, little things are still rusty like timing on the pick'n'roll, or on passing to cutters.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think the Raptors are good enough to compete with the best of the best.

I don't think they have enough of an edge to beat the shit out of teams they are suppose to or should beat the shit out of.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    If they play D like two years they can play with anyone. It's all about the D.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    First quarter D looked good, despite 26 points by Boston. That really could easily be 20 if Green missed those two random 3s that you clearly want him taking.

Leave a comment:

• caccia
    replied
    They have plenty of time to jell and improve. The team already looks more coherent on both offense and defense.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    themasao wrote: View Post
    Not sure that's true. I agree we shouldn't generally be losing to Boston, but these are all NBA players. Anything can happen in a single game. If that kind of logic held true, Philly wouldn't win a game all season. And we all know they'll get a few wins (if only a few...).
    True, even the worst teams win occasionally, but that is often the case of fatigue (back to backs), injury, or looking ahead in the schedule as much as it is about talent.

The Celtics do have pros on their roster, but they also have no NBA calibre PG with Rondo out, a rookie head coach (who I think will be great), and several new players. At this point, as in tonight, the Raps should be able to dominate.

Leave a comment:

• themasao
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post

I don't think they have enough of an edge to beat the shit out of teams they are suppose to or should beat the shit out of.

Well, maybe not consistently. But even still, that's a pretty good description of an 8th seed. Just sayin...

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    Kyle Lowry moving very well with the ball.

Rudy Gay looking... stubborn.
    Some players really should pay attention to analytics...

Leave a comment:

• themasao
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Boston should be quite horrible this year, I'd be very concerned if we weren't dominating.
    Not sure that's true. I agree we shouldn't generally be losing to Boston, but these are all NBA players. Anything can happen in a single game. If that kind of logic held true, Philly wouldn't win a game all season. And we all know they'll get a few wins (if only a few...).

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Jeff Green making it rain!!

I'd live with letting him shoot that, even though he is hitting them.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Boston should be quite horrible this year, I'd be very concerned if we weren't dominating.

Leave a comment:

• themasao
    replied
    Definitely looking less lost on offence. The starting 5 isn't going to be the issue this year, they'll compete with anyone in the league (I know this is Boston, but still), it's a question of whether the bench can keep them in games.

The odd day where the starters don't get it done though...look out.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    F******CK

I always tune in late and miss the first few minutes so far this pre season!

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Great start by the Raptors, they're really trying to post up DeRozan, Valanciunas and Gay.
    I think that's what will see a lot of all season! Really like the play they use to get JV on the left block.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X