Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to put the kibosh on Bosh beliefs (Sun Sentinal - Miami)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to put the kibosh on Bosh beliefs (Sun Sentinal - Miami)

Source - Link

This is the entire piece:

As Heat President Pat Riley spoke Thursday about Amare Stoudemire without mentioning Stoudemire by name, as he spoke about attacking “the opportunity of going after who we considered the most talented player that was out there,” it was as if there was a revelation.

Would Riley have spoken that way about Stoudemire and the pursuit of the Suns forward at the trading deadline if he had any inside knowledge that Chris Bosh was poised to join Dwyane Wade in South Florida next season?

For months, with Wade and Bosh represented by the same agent, there was thought that Riley must know something through his conversations with Henry Thomas, must have an inkling about Bosh’s free-agent intentions.

Yet if Riley knew that South Florida was a preferred landing spot for Bosh alongside Wade, with the Heat hoarding cap space for just such an eventuality, would he have entered into such a public pursuit of Stoudemire?

On the other hand, if Riley knew — or knows — that Bosh isn’t coming, then there is plenty to be said about a very public courtship of arguably the next-best big man who could be available in the offseason.

“The player that we went after,” Riley said, “we went after very hard.”

That player was Stoudemire.

And Riley did it because he knew something about Bosh.

Or because, like the rest of us, he knows nothing at all.
    This writer must be the Miami version of Frank Z. from the Toronto Sun.

The reason Riley didn't go hard after Bosh is because BC wasn't entertaining any deadline proposals for Bosh becasuse he knows he can get better value in return trading Bosh in a sign-n-trade this summer (should Bosh not want to re-sign).

Riley went after Amare and Boozer hard before the deadline because both the Suns and Jazz feel their respective players are likekly going to opt-out (in Amare's case) and leave to try to sign a max-deal with another team, and both the Suns and Jazz seem very reluctant to offer their respective players max money.
    RR OG

Off topic but I am glad to see that people are finally regonizing that Chris is a better player than Amare. It's only been the case for around two or three years now...

It's a shame that the only way Bosh can begin to be recognized is when people feel he's leaving Canada within the next six months.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      It's a shame that the only way Bosh can begin to be recognized is when people feel he's leaving Canada within the next six months.
      Bosh will be "recognized" once he wins a playoff series.
      RR OG

Comment

And Riley did it because he knew something about Bosh.

Or because, like the rest of us, he knows nothing at all.

This writer must be the Miami version of Frank Z. from the Toronto Sun.

Exactly! It's all conjecture. Can Frank Z break a story? I don’t know. Isn’t this an amazing cookie? POSSIBLY. Is the secret to CB4's future hidden somewhere inside Matt Devlin? I DON’T KNOW. These are just educated guesses.

Comment

A sign and trade for Beasley and a 1st round pick wouldn't be too bad a deal. The only problem is that it seems to me that Beasley is still kind of player without a position. While he is a decent rebounder by NBA standards for a big man he is not what one would consider a solid PF when it comes to rebounding and defending. He is also a tad slow on the defensive side to play SF.

Clearly if the Heat sign Bosh and keep J.O and Beasley then Beasley goes to the SF. However with Wade and Bosh it seems to me that Beasley's scoring is really not that necessary and a lock down defender at the SF or PF if J.O. is not with Heat next season and Bosh plays Center, would be preferable to Beasley for the Heat under those circumstances.

So the question is what position would Beasley play in Toronto, PF or SF moving Turk to PF assuming that Turk can't be moved before next season.
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Feb 19, 2010, 04:49 PM.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Both Amare & Boozer are open to the Heat because of location, Wade & their f/a status which is not of the max variety (but which they would obviously try to maximize). The Heat in turn would give up nothing to sign either. Both also enjoy the benefit of great/v. good point guards but Boozer imo is the better because he is a better postup player along with a good midrange j. Boozer would do better without a primetime pg in Miami.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Both Amare & Boozer are open to the Heat because of location, Wade & their f/a status which is not of the max variety (but which they would obviously try to maximize). The Heat in turn would give up nothing to sign either. Both also enjoy the benefit of great/v. good point guards but Boozer imo is the better because he is a better postup player along with a good midrange j. Boozer would do better without a primetime pg in Miami.
              I think Stoudemire may exercise his $17.7 million player option and stay in Phoenix next year. While the next CBA might not be as favorable, he would have another year to achieve peak form running with Nash.

Comment

beasley should not be an option

beasley is a precise definition of what this team does not need. another outside shooter with obvious distaste to attack the rim or play perimeter defence in continuum. I would say a definite no to that option, what this toronto team needs is agility and athleticism, manifested in a willing and committing defence. Most recent example is the game against Memphis in which less athletic and slower first Toronto unit relied heavily on offence which did not work, while cheating and relaxing on defence. The moment the first five were replaced on the floor by the second unit, featuring less talented but more agile and more athletic group of young and hustling players, impact was immediate and difference was in the defence and consequentialy, in the score line. Bottom line, beasley's style of playing fits more to the described first five's "take it easy" and a bit slower approach.

Comment

Working...
                X