The Grantland Annual NBA League Pass Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grantland Annual NBA League Pass Rankings

The Raptors are voted the thrid lease watchable team in the NBA (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ass-rankings):

TORONTO RAPTORS: 34
    Bill: If Jonas Christ Superstar makes the leap, or even a semi-leap, I could see myself getting roped into a couple of crunch times. That's about it. I'm allergic to DeRozan's game and Rudy's game.

Zach: They are generally boring to watch, with DeRozan and Rudy curling around screens, catching, dribbling five times while they stand still, and then launching bad shots. But there's some potential here.

Bill: That would be a fun marketing campaign for the Raptors: "SCREEN CURLS, FIVE STANDING-IN-PLACE DRIBBLES AND AWFUL JUMP SHOTS … COME SEE YOUR 2014 RAPTORS!"

Zach: "ALSO: DOES KYLE LOWRY HAVE THE BIGGEST ASS IN THE LEAGUE? WATCH HIM GLARE ANGRILY AT RUDY GAY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FRIENDS!" You and Jalen need to pour one out for the Raptors mascot, though.

Bill: Done.

Zach: In all seriousness, Jonas is going to be fun, Amir Johnson is a hoop nerd favorite, and the coaching staff has hard work ahead of it maximizing the Lowry-Gay-DeRozan combination. Gotta get rid of that 3-D logo under the basket, though. It still freaks me out.
    I have to agree with the assessment of the Raptors offence - I came very close to throwing a beer bottle at the TV every time Gay would take a few dribbles and actually back away from the three-point line, chewing up 5 to 10 seconds of the shot clock.

Yeah, the Raps are pretty awful to watch. Their O is definitely among the most pitiful in the league.

Comment

Yeah.... it's pretty bad... really sloppy

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
        I have to agree with the assessment of the Raptors offence - I came very close to throwing a beer bottle at the TV every time Gay would take a few dribbles and actually back away from the three-point line, chewing up 5 to 10 seconds of the shot clock.
        Right there with you.
        And from what I've seen in the pre-season, he hasn't changed...

Comment

I'd rather have bad O and great D. Great O and bad D is Triano-era ball and that was an eye sore.

Casey needs to coach like he did in his first year. Just hope guys like Lowry and Gay can commit to that type of defense or else it's going to be a long year.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have bad O and great D. Great O and bad D is Triano-era ball and that was an eye sore.

Casey needs to coach like he did in his first year. Just hope guys like Lowry and Gay can commit to that type of defense or else it's going to be a long year.
            Couldn't we have good offense and good defense? You know, like good teams have?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Couldn't we have good offense and good defense? You know, like good teams have?
              That would mean us being relevant... scary.

Comment

Triano ball was still pretty to watch, even if they didn't win too much. I miss the amount of passing and Calderon to Amir pick and roll game.

But, even if the offensive schemes are ugly to non-existent. You must really find dunking boring, if you don't like watching the Raptors.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                X