X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I've said it from the beginning. We should have gone after Dragic. He can run the better far better than Lowry every can, his court vising and passing are leagues better and the def isn't that much worse than Lowry. On top of that we didn't need to give up a 1st to get Dragic. Just retarded that BC went for Lowry over him.

I hope we try to trade for Dragic if we can. The Suns are rebuilding and might be willing to part with him.
    PG not going to do much with Gay and DD taking 40 shots a game between them.

Dragic also made it clear he didn't like cold weather.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Andrew Harrison. Really like having a PG that's tall (6'5").
    Smart is 6'4"
    Exum 6'6"
    Micic 6'4"

If you like tall PGs this is the draft for you!

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    I've said it from the beginning. We should have gone after Dragic. He can run the better far better than Lowry every can, his court vising and passing are leagues better and the def isn't that much worse than Lowry. On top of that we didn't need to give up a 1st to get Dragic. Just retarded that BC went for Lowry over him.

I hope we try to trade for Dragic if we can. The Suns are rebuilding and might be willing to part with him.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Andrew Harrison. Really like having a PG that's tall (6'5").

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Ha, everybody's hating on Gay right now but how Kyle Lowry tonight though?? guy can't run a team. Turnovers in crucial time. Stupid shot selection.

Said this last year. Lowry is a BACK UP PG at best. My opinion hasn't changed.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    MCW was picked by Philly who picked ahead of Toronto so take comfort in that.

I was for the trade at the time because I was sipping BC's kool-aid big time. Accelerated rebuild yada yada yada. When that trade was made the belief was Bargnani was a near all-star and Lowry was another near all-star who just never got a chance due to freak health issues. Lowry was obtained with the same philosophy BC built this team: find a flawed piece who's strengths mask another flawed piece weaknesses.

But here we are two years later with Lowry still on the roster and set to become a free agent yet many fans want to continue on the exact same path Colangelo put us on. I don't get it. The only difference is MU traded Bargnani which BC made publicly known he was willing and wanted to do.
    this is a good point. what kind of offer was BC holding out for?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    We could've had Schroeder, or Larkin or MCW if Colangelo didn't trade for Lowry 2 years ago. *shakes head*

That trade was so stupid. Bottomline - if you're a rebuilding team you dont trade your 1st round pick(top 10 potential) SPECIALLY for an unproven player.
    MCW was picked by Philly who picked ahead of Toronto so take comfort in that.

I was for the trade at the time because I was sipping BC's kool-aid big time. Accelerated rebuild yada yada yada. When that trade was made the belief was Bargnani was a near all-star and Lowry was another near all-star who just never got a chance due to freak health issues. Lowry was obtained with the same philosophy BC built this team: find a flawed piece who's strengths mask another flawed piece weaknesses.

But here we are two years later with Lowry still on the roster and set to become a free agent yet many fans want to continue on the exact same path Colangelo put us on. I don't get it. The only difference is MU traded Bargnani which BC made publicly known he was willing and wanted to do.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    We could've had Schroeder, or Larkin or MCW if Colangelo didn't trade for Lowry 2 years ago. *shakes head*

That trade was so stupid. Bottomline - if you're a rebuilding team you dont trade your 1st round pick(top 10 potential) SPECIALLY for an unproven player.
    Ughh, don't remind me. Thankfully those dark days are over.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Leave it to the Masai man.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    I have watched Exum play. He's more of a SG or combo guard.
    Last edited by stretch; Fri Nov 1, 2013, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    if i'm Masai i'd do everything i can to get another lotto pick for the sole purpose of getting one of them point guards. i'm fairly enamored with Exum but guys like Smart and Harrison are no slouches either.

Leave a comment:

• drunkmunky
    replied
    If not now, then when????!!!

Just seemed like an appropriate comment.

carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    It's tough to begin to answer this question before we know where we're going. If we stay as we are, that means he stays. That sounds simple but if the rest of the guys are staying and he chooses to stay, I can't see him being traded. On the other hand, if we implode, that might get us our new point guard or may get us our "position doesn't matter" ball handling superstar. It might not be worth the money or trade resources to get someone else. Who have been the point guards on the last few championship teams?
    Other than the Mavericks it's only been Super-teams that have won the championship (Heat, Lakers, Celtics). Still, Rondo was a huge part of that Celtic championship team. Also, Kidd and Terry were a huge part of the Dallas championship team. There is also the Spurs with Tony Parker.

I don't think the Raptors could put together a Super-team so getting a really good PG seems mandatory.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    It's tough to begin to answer this question before we know where we're going. If we stay as we are, that means he stays. That sounds simple but if the rest of the guys are staying and he chooses to stay, I can't see him being traded. On the other hand, if we implode, that might get us our new point guard or may get us our "position doesn't matter" ball handling superstar. It might not be worth the money or trade resources to get someone else. Who have been the point guards on the last few championship teams?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X