If not Kyle, then who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    MCW was picked by Philly who picked ahead of Toronto so take comfort in that.

I was for the trade at the time because I was sipping BC's kool-aid big time. Accelerated rebuild yada yada yada. When that trade was made the belief was Bargnani was a near all-star and Lowry was another near all-star who just never got a chance due to freak health issues. Lowry was obtained with the same philosophy BC built this team: find a flawed piece who's strengths mask another flawed piece weaknesses.

But here we are two years later with Lowry still on the roster and set to become a free agent yet many fans want to continue on the exact same path Colangelo put us on. I don't get it. The only difference is MU traded Bargnani which BC made publicly known he was willing and wanted to do.
    this is a good point. what kind of offer was BC holding out for?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ha, everybody's hating on Gay right now but how Kyle Lowry tonight though?? guy can't run a team. Turnovers in crucial time. Stupid shot selection.

Said this last year. Lowry is a BACK UP PG at best. My opinion hasn't changed.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Andrew Harrison. Really like having a PG that's tall (6'5").
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I've said it from the beginning. We should have gone after Dragic. He can run the better far better than Lowry every can, his court vising and passing are leagues better and the def isn't that much worse than Lowry. On top of that we didn't need to give up a 1st to get Dragic. Just retarded that BC went for Lowry over him.

I hope we try to trade for Dragic if we can. The Suns are rebuilding and might be willing to part with him.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Andrew Harrison. Really like having a PG that's tall (6'5").
            Smart is 6'4"
            Exum 6'6"
            Micic 6'4"

If you like tall PGs this is the draft for you!

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              I've said it from the beginning. We should have gone after Dragic. He can run the better far better than Lowry every can, his court vising and passing are leagues better and the def isn't that much worse than Lowry. On top of that we didn't need to give up a 1st to get Dragic. Just retarded that BC went for Lowry over him.

I hope we try to trade for Dragic if we can. The Suns are rebuilding and might be willing to part with him.
              PG not going to do much with Gay and DD taking 40 shots a game between them.

Dragic also made it clear he didn't like cold weather.

Comment

Smart is 6'4"
                Exum 6'6"
                Micic 6'4"

Even Christon is 6'3'' and has good length.

Comment

PG not going to do much with Gay and DD taking 40 shots a game between them.

Dragic also made it clear he didn't like cold weather.
                  It doesn't matter, Lowry can't even run pick and roll with one of the best pick and roll big men IN THE LEAGUE in Amir. It's just sad. Look at how well Amir was playing when Calderon was here, and look at what he's doing now.
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Nov 1, 2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

It doesn't matter, Lowry can't even run pick and roll with one of the best pick and roll big men IN THE LEAGUE in Amir. It's just sad. Look at how well Amir was playing when Calderon was here, and look at what he's doing now.
                    What are you talking about?

Amir has the "Summer 3"

*sarcasm*

Seriously though, adding Dragic does very little for this team with current roster make up and coaching.

Comment

It is still blowing my mind no one picked up Kabongo. We have guys like Augustin, Stone and Bycks on the team but we don't pick up a Canadian point guard with MASSIVE upside and pretty much no risks attached? wtf?

Comment

It is still blowing my mind no one picked up Kabongo. We have guys like Augustin, Stone and Bycks on the team but we don't pick up a Canadian point guard with MASSIVE upside and pretty much no risks attached? wtf?
                        He looked really far from ready though. He still has some potential, but he's a project, and probably better served developing somewhere else for a year or two.

It's unfortunate. I think that suspension really put a dent in his development because he needed that game experience.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          He looked really far from ready though. He still has some potential, but he's a project, and probably better served developing somewhere else for a year or two.

It's unfortunate. I think that suspension really put a dent in his development because he needed that game experience.
                          There is no way he's worse than Daye, Stone and Bycks. Hell even Augustin looked garbage in the preseason but he has played decent so far.

Comment

Smart is 6'4"
                            Exum 6'6"
                            Micic 6'4"

Smart will be a top 5 pick maybe top 3. Exum top 5-8. Harrison top 10. Micic, never heard of him.

Gonna be tough for the Raps get any of those guys. They need to get one via trade. Eric Bledsoe will be a RFA after this season i believe. Archie Goodwin is a good looking young PG. I'd target one of those 2 if im MU.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Trade Lowry for Schroeder

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Trade Lowry for Schroeder
                                Atlanta's got no reason to do that--they've already got a starting PG, Schröder's already a very capable backup, and he's on a super-cheap contract for the next 4 years. Why would they want less than a year of Kyle Lowry (who obviously wouldn't resign there to be a backup)?

Comment

Working...
                                X