Keep 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I keep zero?

If you're saying I can get fair value for every one of them, I'd trade them all.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

I like these irrational games. Maybe because I am an irrational person:
      JV
      Fields
      Hansbrough
      (DD)
      (Amir)

I know you said three, so I gave you three. But I could easily switch DD or Amir for Hansbrough. If you were to give me 5 choices it would be them. Not because they are our best players....clearly they are not. But they are all the roles players we need to complement the 2-3 good to great players. You give me those 5, a pass first pg who can shoot the 3, and an allstar at any position, and we are making deep playoff runs. (Irrational?)
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        one good game and everyone loves fields.....shaking my head
        Nope. nothing to do with 1 good game. I would have picked him if we played this game last year too. He is the smartest player on the team, knows how to play without the ball. Good locker room guy (from what I can tell) as well. If we show him some patience with his shooting he will really become a great glue guy on this team. I know the comparison has been done to death, but he really is a new-age Battier. Or at least he WILL be once his shot is unbroken.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
          Quoted.
          Now it's forever.

Yup-good first big off the bench over a possible future top 10 center..

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
            Yup-good first big off the bench over a possible future top 10 center..
            Tyler is an established 7 pt 7 reb player that isn't going to get any better.....ever.

Jonas is wide-eyed young pup who puts up 7 pts 7 rebs with his arms tied, and whose potential is basically infinite.

It's an easy choice.....Tyler.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Tyler is an established 7 pt 7 reb player that isn't going to get any better.....ever.

Jonas is wide-eyed young pup who puts up 7 pts 7 rebs with his arms tied, and whose potential is basically infinite.

It's an easy choice.....Tyler.
              It all depends on "fair value" on the trade return. If JV brings you a king's ransom, then perhaps keeping Tyler makes sense to help instill the draft picks with the hard-work attitude.

The entire problem with this thread's exercise is the fair value. If you can get fair value, then basically everyone should be traded. The reality is, some of these players will be traded below the dollar to make it happen.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

In order:

JV
                Demar
                Rudy

I know Rudy had a few bad games ... but that's a core 3 that only needs a Rebouding PF and distributing PG - both of whom play great D and have some range. WAIT - that's what we have! Go Raps.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

JV
                  Ross
                  Stone

But really only JV, I can live without anyone else.

JV - just need to sit on him, worst case he becomes a decent 2 way center (ie not all-star, but legit starter), which is a useful thing to have on any team.

Ross because I think he is a good complimentary piece, has shown a willingness to swing the ball or at least keep it moving when playing with people where he isn't the best option. Can be very good defensively once he gets confident with his abilities (thx Casey). He shouldn't be pushed to become a dominant scorer, he is a defender/set shooter who can occasionally drive it. Nothing more.

Stone. I see a solid, defensive backup. He plays a structured, set play offense that is good with bench units, if only Casey had a set play outside of a DD/Gay iso-chuck...

Lowry is a tough one to leave off, he is actually very good as a top option scoring wise because he is a very good drive and kick player. And yes, he should be a top option with the ball in his hands because he involves his entire team off his dribble penetration (not like dd/gay, thx iso-casey)

Amir's greatest value to the team right now is as a chip for a late lotto pick.

DD and Gay are low BB IQ, poor defending, poor shooting, poor TEAM players. Bye, leave, scram. If we want to win, we need to play as a team and have capable passers, shooters and PnRers on the wings, and Fields and Ross are better than our 28 million dollar duo. I think Gay is worth a late lotto pick out of either Charlotte or Milwaukee, and DD to OKC for Lamb+Perkins+1st rounder??

Comment

1. I refuse to give up on Demar.

2. Fields is the ultimate glue-guy as many said. If he gets his shot back even a little, he can start on a championship team any day of the week.

3. Love you, Jonas.

Comment

haha i'd take tyler over jv any day of the week
                      Boy will you feel dumb once you see JV play to his potential

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Boy will you feel dumb once you see JV play to his potential
                        which is.....
                        uggh.. i never liked him i dont care, he can play to his potential and ill still hate him

i didn't include jv on my list because i personally don't think we need him actually if i could fix my post i'd trade everyone except demar. the rest can go, honestly
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

which is.....
                          uggh.. i never liked him i dont care, he can play to his potential and ill still hate him

i didn't include jv on my list because i personally don't think we need him actually if i could fix my post i'd trade everyone except demar. the rest can go, honestly
                          Which is much better than tyler hansbrough lol

You better start liking him because pretty soon he's going to be the main reason for this teams success. Liking JV is pretty much a prerequisite for being a hardcore raptor fan, i think everyone can agree with me on this.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Which is much better than tyler hansbrough lol

You better start liking him because pretty soon he's going to be the main reason for this teams success. Liking JV is pretty much a prerequisite for being a hardcore raptor fan, i think everyone can agree with me on this.
                            imo, jv will never be the reason for our teams success, sure he'll stop guys from runnin in to the paint and help us in the post and i give him credit for that but is jv gonna help us win games, is he gonna give us those two points at the end of important games, or is he gonna be finding that open man ..hun hun ?
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

imo, jv will never be the reason for our teams success, sure he'll stop guys from runnin in to the paint and help us in the post and i give him credit for that but is jv gonna help us win games, is he gonna give us those two points at the end of important games, or is he gonna be finding that open man ..hun hun ?
                              Uh who cares? lol
                              We won't reach that point because we'll be up like 20 because JV is a beast.

Comment

Why are a lot of you obsessed with DD?

He is actually pretty awful, playing on an awful team, for many awful seasons. There is nothing about his game that will help win championships as a starter

Comment

Working...
                                X