X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 games.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

When I think of the word "surpassed" the first thing that comes to mind is better than. So had DeMar DeRozan become a better scorer than Gay? The simple answer is no. He has been more efficient for 3 games but he isn't as good a scorer as Gay. It's 3 games and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
        LOL - I knew this day would come. In fact, this was originally one of my reasons for not wanting to acquire Rudy Gay. BUT i must admit you and Matt52 did a good job of selling us that it was necessary. I don't regret it either. Gay can rebound really well and is a decent secondary scorer.

You do realize that Demar also averages 3 assists so far to Rudy's 0.7 right??..... Therefore, i think he might've surpassed Rudy as a passer so far, BUT Don't worry, its still early.
        You see if you are going to call people out, it is easy enough to do:

If we can keep Demar and get rid of Fields, AA, Kleiza, Andrea I would to take Rudy. I just dont want to give up Demar or Ross for him. I think he's overated and overpaid to a certain degree. YES - he would likely be our best player talent wise (I admit that).
        So you agree Gay is the best player talent wise. Good.

But looking back around the time of the trade the issue was trading Ed Davis. Much like DD you grow a sentimental attachment to your favourite players. ED doesn't play in Memphis - for 2 coaches now. Interesting. Although one could make an argument they are keeping him on the bench to depress his value and trade Z-Bo. You're all about keeping your favourite players and cheering for a crap team. I'm all about cheering for a winning team by any means necessary.

It will be interesting to see what Ujiri does with Gay. My bet is he returns more than an expiring contract, plateaued prospect, and a 2nd round pick - but we'll see. I am always willing to admit when wrong.

Comment

to early to early to early
          even though his games shows that he put in a whole load of work this summer its too early
          even though his approach to the game is alot different and he seems to really want to win
          and even though his stats might say something its to early
          to early to say anything
          but at the rate hes going he will surpass rudy
          he just has to be consistent
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            You see if you are going to call people out, it is easy enough to do:

So you agree Gay is the best player talent wise. Good.

But looking back around the time of the trade the issue was trading Ed Davis. Much like DD you grow a sentimental attachment to your favourite players. ED doesn't play in Memphis - for 2 coaches now. Interesting. Although one could make an argument they are keeping him on the bench to depress his value and trade Z-Bo. You're all about keeping your favourite players and cheering for a crap team. I'm all about cheering for a winning team by any means necessary.

It will be interesting to see what Ujiri does with Gay. My bet is he returns more than an expiring contract, plateaued prospect, and a 2nd round pick - but we'll see. I am always willing to admit when wrong.
            Wow - You must really hate me...lol. So you take a comment i made almost a year ago??? I guess i did THEN but Demar's improved and the player you spent weeks convincing us to acquire is a good player but maybe not worth the $$$$ (Like i said many times in the past). Look, you cant have it both ways....Who's your favourite player? Or did we trade him to New York?

I hope to God your right! You lobbied to put us right to the cap. We're basically handcuffed! I hope your right that we can get something of value back.

Comment

Rudy is still a better scorer than DeMar, but I think he has definitely surpassed Gay in terms of decision-making, court vision and IQ.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Demar can score in so many more ways than gay and so many better ways then gay. I love demars post game absolutely love it. He gives the ball up when its not there REPOSTS and gets it back and goes to work. He has moves and then counter to those moves. I see confidence in his 3pter and him taking it. (for the record ive been saying since day 1 he is capable.) The only thing i give Rudy the advantage in is his ability to create at the end of the game or late clock situations i would take him because thats all his game really is. The thing i hate about gay (3 games in and hes slumping i know) but how many easy layups and right at the rim shots he is missing... i am losing my mind when watching it.

Comment

After 79 more games some would say that DeMar surpassed him just in one season so it's too small sample size in comparison to whole Rudy's career
                  No new friends (c)

Comment

Wow - You must really hate me...lol. So you take a comment i made almost a year ago??? I guess i did THEN but Demar's improved and the player you spent weeks convincing us to acquire is a good player but maybe not worth the $$$$ (Like i said many times in the past). Look, you cant have it both ways....Who's your favourite player? Or did we trade him to New York?

I hope to God your right! You lobbied to put us right to the cap. We're basically handcuffed! I hope your right that we can get something of value back.
                    Actually, it has nothing to do with hate. I have no problem with a difference of opinion and sharing those opinions. I do have a problem with you calling me out on opinions from a year ago and farther while acting as if you've been right all along. I've never denied being wrong on numerous occasions - and guess what, it is likely to happen again.

So again you throw Bargnani in my face but there is a recent bump on the Everything Bargnani thread showing how you defended the guy for over 6 years. In fact, even last year you were wanting to use him in a 6th man role, comparing to Manu and the Spurs.

As for me lobbying.... this is a forum. Do you really think anyone from MLSE is basing decisions on comments here?
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 5, 2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Weren't Rudy's numbers when he was healthy and before playing along side DeMar, pretty good? I mean not $17 million good, but just below All Star good? How were DeMar's numbers before he started playing with Rudy? Not too good right? DD is showing improvement, but he needs to show a lot more before and for a longer period before you can say he has surpassed Rudy imo.

Comment

Doesn't pass the eye test. Demar still can't hold on to the ball in the paint. Demar still gets extremely flustered in double teams. Demar still takes a lot of terrible shots (then again so does Gay). But it's clear to see who you should still trust with the game on the line.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Actually, it has nothing to do with hate. I have no problem with a difference of opinion and sharing those opinions. I do have a problem with you calling me out on opinions from a year ago and farther while acting as if you've been right all along. I've never denied being wrong on numerous occasions - and guess what, it is likely to happen again.

So again you throw Bargnani in my face but there is a recent bump on the Everything Bargnani thread showing how you defended the guy for over 6 years. In fact, even last year you were wanting to use him in a 6th man role, comparing to Manu and the Spurs.

As for me lobbying.... this is a forum. Do you really think anyone from MLSE is basing decisions on comments here?
                          We can only hope!
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm not trying to troll this thread subject....but who the hell cares who is better?

What are we trying to accomplish here? Both players are slightly above average and are by no means going to lead us past a first round playoff exit.

I just don't want this year to be about who is better, because either way we are discussing second and third scoring options and average defenders. To me, it's like discussing whether JJ Redick has surpassed Jamal Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                            X