Colangelo V Nash, Hedo, Cole, Kleiza, Hibbert, Bargs, Kapono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo V Nash, Hedo, Cole, Kleiza, Hibbert, Bargs, Kapono

news this week is lakers want to dump older slower broken down but beloved Canadian Steve Nash. No Surprise there the 2 time MVP and possible first round ballot HOF'er is finally starting to show his age.

Question: How happy are Raptor Fans about Colangelo's "Gretzky fuelled" attempts to land Nash last summer failed with the Kyle Lowry Plan - "B" kicking in?

Did the patriot Steve Nash know he was done do us a favour and take lesser money to save us from more Colangelo lunacy?

Steve is smart and knows the base doesn't want another splashy Authentic NBA Jersey with Raptors on the front and some former all-star on the back... the base wants a f*'in winner ... and has waited patiently, faithfully supporting the team hoping for it.

Sadly Nash's contract is rapidly becoming one of the leagues worst with 19M committed over the next 2 years... Thank Goodness AB (no not bargs the other 7 foot under achiever in Cleveland) is around to occupy the bottom.

That being said I think we are due for some more WHERE are they now... Colangelo style...

Roy Hibbert

traded so Rap fans could have 41 games with CLEARLY-BEYOND-HIS-PRIME Jermaine O'Neal.

Roy Hibbert scouting report ... Just huge... Good rebounder... Nice touch around the rim... Works hard... Not explosive, athletic or quick... Has trimmed down and gained a lot of mobility... Good passer for a big man... Has developed into a top center in the NBA.

Hedo

50 mill? like OMG really??? who did not know this was an epic fail waiting to happen?

Opening night Norris Cole crossed the F out of Derrick Rose and I thought wow... this was the dude we all watched carry a key supporting role in 2 heat Championship runs... How did he end up in MIA? ... oh yeah Norris cole was a Raptor first round Draft pick - Colangelo used him as a sweetener to get Jermain O'niel and his ludicrous contract out of town..

Jason Kapono was granted 4 year 24M deal by Rators by Brian Colangelo and is already over a year removed from a the league. Turns out that without shaq drawing tripple teams and giving him free looks... he is not that much better than the rest of us who go play at community centers and are 6'7.

lastly Andrea Bargniani the individual I hold most responsible for the last 5 years of Raptor Misery.

Is the guy who Brian Colangelo tied his career to... and while it was possible to maybe possibly see why he drafted Bargs ahead of some of his other 2006 brethren .. it is totally damming that Colangelo did not see by year 3 (at most) that Bargs is, although skilled and tall, a perennial negative player and NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to championship pedigree.
    Last edited by charlz; Tue Nov 5, 2013, 05:49 PM.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Nash is still good. The problem is his haircut. He lost his game when he changed his hairstyle. The analytics support this.

Comment

This guy has something to do with it?

Comment

Cole wasn't drafted by the Raps?

Comment

Let it gooooooooooooo just be glad that BC isnt here now to trade JV for Nash and Sacre so we can be team Canada YEEEARRRGGH

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Cole wasn't drafted by the Raps?
            I'm fuzzy on the details, but I think the 28th pick that year (used to pick Cole) was once owned by the Raptors. I think we gave it up in exchange for James Johnson.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm fuzzy on the details, but I think the 28th pick that year (used to pick Cole) was once owned by the Raptors. I think we gave it up in exchange for James Johnson.
              Sigh....

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Sigh....
                Dude had a killer leg sweep finishing move though.....

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  This guy has something to do with it?
                  He looks awful. Not that he ever had much muscle tone but now he has no size either.

He will never play an NBA game beyond next season in my opinion.... likely by his own choice.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Nash is still good. The problem is his haircut. He lost his game when he changed his hairstyle. The analytics support this.
                    I'm a huge Nash fan. Huge. BUT they should only acquire him if it's a blockbuster involving them also getting a 1st so they have something to show from the deal in a couple years, asset wise
                    - And yes, I know they're hoping Drake can "influence" players like Durant to come here instead of going to Brooklyn, Houston, etc., in ways MLSE exec's can't thanks to the CBA, but don't underestimate the pull a former 2-time MVP in Nash can have in attracting talent here too (it's a variable the Raptors have never had at their disposal before when it comes to convincing prospects and FA's to play here)

Comment

These threads are just too easy. Sitting back like a superstar and hindsighting the shit out of moves a player, coach, or GM make is a bit ridiculous at times.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Let it gooooooooooooo just be glad that BC isnt here now to trade JV for Nash and Sacre so we can be team Canada YEEEARRRGGH
                        Time will heal all wounds but an up-to-the-second check of Nash's plummeting value is a reminder today of how bad BC's greatest attempt to aquire a player would have failed.

Craig wrote: View Post
                        These threads are just too easy. Sitting back like a superstar and hindsighting the shit out of moves a player, coach, or GM make is a bit ridiculous at times.
                        I am a super star ... and its ever so lonely at the top

Comment

You can't tell me you're serious when you say Steve didn't come here because he knew he was breaking down and wanted to save the franchise..
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            You can't tell me you're serious when you say Steve didn't come here because he knew he was breaking down and wanted to save the franchise..
                            It's unlikely but if he knew he could not live up to the contract being offered by BC why not take a stab at a ring in LA LA and not SH*T were you retire.

Nash will be gold in Canada for the rest of his life... however had he taken that contract and further frustrated Raptor fans there would be a Canadian contingent that would resent him.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                              It's unlikely but if he knew he could not live up to the contract being offered by BC why not take a stab at a ring in LA LA and not SH*T were you retire.

Nash will be gold in Canada for the rest of his life... however had he taken that contract and further frustrated Raptor fans there would be a Canadian contingent that would resent him.
                              I think you're over-analyzing. No professional athlete signs contracts based on "what if I suck?" scenarios....

Comment

Working...
                              X