No announcement yet.

Do Raptors have an identity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think our identity post Bargs is that we are a team that relies on superior athleticism and 1 on 1 play to try to win games. I am hopeful that it will change to a team that uses it's athleticism to play good defense and get on the glass. Right now our starting 5 is one of the longest most athletic units in the league, that is probably where we should be focussing this season.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Your basing this after 4 games? Oh alright. Damn god no here is our GM.
      I think you can base it on the ~40 games this team has been together and the fact that (other than JV and Ross) every other key player is in his prime. So, unless Ross and JV turn into Wade and Dwight overnight, this is pretty much as good as it gets....

Yeah, they'll look better some night when the jumpers are going in but that's not a long term recipe for success.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        I think you can base it on the ~40 games this team has been together and the fact that (other than JV and Ross) every other key player is in his prime. So, unless Ross and JV turn into Wade and Dwight overnight, this is pretty much as good as it gets....

Yeah, they'll look better some night when the jumpers are going in but that's not a long term recipe for success.
        DD isn't in his prime
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          DD isn't in his prime
          Dave Berri disagrees:
          http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...12553424283372

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I disagree with Dave Berri
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nothing kills a "rebounding identity" like stapling your best rebounders to the bench.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                It’s only three games into the regular season, but it is already obvious Raptors Head Coach Dwane Casey’s defense is back. Number 7 in the NBA for points allowed per 100 possessions at 96.1 and number 1 in rebounding and in keeping opponents off the offensive glass, this time Casey’s defense might even be better than in the lockout shortened 2011-2012 season. Plus, after playing three of last season’s Eastern Conference playoff teams in row, it can’t be said the early indications were the result of soft schedule. Raptors Coach Casey’s Defense Is Back

This team's identity is defense & rebounding - that is what the changes made to the roster in the summer were all about.

By the way - getting the ball back by rebounding better trumps a few points on the FG% every time - of course its better to do both well.
                Last night was a perfect example of why this is not true.

Raps won the battle on the boards by a rebound but they shot 49.3%.

If you don't get them shooting a low percentage you can't take advantage on the defensive glass.

Comment

Working...
                X