One Power Forward Away from Contending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Power Forward Away from Contending

After the Raptors VS Heat Game, all i can summarize is the fact that DeRozan, Gay, and Valanciunas look like the players to move forward with, all these three players can contribute significant minutes for the Raptors. I was wondering if we can acquire another PF in the near future or this year so we can have a team going forward. Personally, I would like Ujiri to target his fellow draftee: Kenneth Faried, don't know what Denver wants from us and let's hope none of the players mentioned above are traded for Faried. We can also go after LaMarcus Aldridge, he seems like a interesting player.

What does Farried give us that Amir doesn't?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      What does Farried give us that Amir doesn't?
      More hair.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't understand how Derozan and Gay impressed you in the heat game.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          I don't understand how Derozan and Gay impressed you in the heat game.
          No kidding. If i took anything from that game, it was "we cant have derozan and gay on this team going forward"

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I agree that we need a PF, but I would want it to be someone like Greg Monroe. Because Faried is basically Amir, but a bit stronger. Monroe and Big V would be pretty nice. If we had a facilitating PG, two 3&D wings, and Monroe+ Big V, I believe we could be pretty good.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

While I am a Faried fan for his frenetic pace/motor and rebounding, he has absolutely no jump shot and I understand very suspect defense in the half court.

Comment

Two names:

Al Horford
                Kevin Love

-Not huge on Faried. Love his energy and the kind of player he is, but we already have 2 players with similar qualities in Amir and Tyler, and frankly Amir is a better defender at this point. I think he fit really well on Denver under Karl, as they played an up-and-down style where energy players thrive. Don't see that working as well in Toronto.

-Not huge on Aldridge. He will demand touches and operate in very similar spaces as Jonas. And we'll have to pay him like a franchise player. I actually love Aldridge's game, but don't see him as a good investment for Toronto.

I think Love fits the best offensively. YOu can play him at the 3 pt line with Jonas, or you can run them on opposite blocks, and when one is off the floor keep the other on if you can to always have a legit low-post threat. Definitely some defensive questions though, even though they should own the glass.

I think Horford fits best defensively and maybe all around. Amazing glue-guy abilities along with all-star type talent. Can play both big spots, likes to pass, can shoot pretty well. Excellent leader with great intangibles. Great defensive player who knows how to anchor the D, can help teach Jonas that as he grows as a player. I can't see a real negative to Horford. Not on O or D. Not salary-wise as he's probably not likely to command a max deal. And you knwo there will be no friction in terms of egos.

Bottom line....I really want Al Horford.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Two names:

Al Horford
                  Kevin Love

-Not huge on Faried. Love his energy and the kind of player he is, but we already have 2 players with similar qualities in Amir and Tyler, and frankly Amir is a better defender at this point. I think he fit really well on Denver under Karl, as they played an up-and-down style where energy players thrive. Don't see that working as well in Toronto.

-Not huge on Aldridge. He will demand touches and operate in very similar spaces as Jonas. And we'll have to pay him like a franchise player. I actually love Aldridge's game, but don't see him as a good investment for Toronto.

I think Love fits the best offensively. YOu can play him at the 3 pt line with Jonas, or you can run them on opposite blocks, and when one is off the floor keep the other on if you can to always have a legit low-post threat. Definitely some defensive questions though, even though they should own the glass.

I think Horford fits best defensively and maybe all around. Amazing glue-guy abilities along with all-star type talent. Can play both big spots, likes to pass, can shoot pretty well. Excellent leader with great intangibles. Great defensive player who knows how to anchor the D, can help teach Jonas that as he grows as a player. I can't see a real negative to Horford. Not on O or D. Not salary-wise as he's probably not likely to command a max deal. And you knwo there will be no friction in terms of egos.

Bottom line....I really want Al Horford.
                  If the T-Wolves don't become contenders this year, my guess would be that Love is going to Houston or wherever Lebron ends up, assuming he leaves the Heat. Love and Dwight in the same front court would be unbelievable.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    If the T-Wolves don't become contenders this year, my guess would be that Love is going to Houston or wherever Lebron ends up, assuming he leaves the Heat. Love and Dwight in the same front court would be unbelievable.
                    That's fine. I prefer Al Horford anyway.

Comment

You prefer Horford over Love??
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's fine. I prefer Al Horford anyway.
                        I'd love Horford too, but he would operate in the same space as JV, wouldn't he? Defense would be outstanding though which is enough to sell me on Horford. Acutally, as much as I hate to say it the perfect compliment to JV might be Bosh. FAK!

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I'd love Horford too, but he would operate in the same space as JV, wouldn't he? Defense would be outstanding though which is enough to sell me on Horford. Acutally, as much as I hate to say it the perfect compliment to JV might be Bosh. FAK!
                          Well, he can operate in the same space as JV, but he's also not like Aldridge. Horford isn't a guy you have to constantly run plays for to keep happy, and he's a solid shooter (though his range doesn't extend to 3), and excellent passer who is be able to make big-big passes. You can easily play him with any big, whether that's a true C like Jonas, or a shooter, or a hustle big. He can co-exist with pretty much any lineup. Granted spacing is not ideal without a more pure stretch 4, like Love or Bosh, but neither of those guys gives you the D or leadership that Horford does.

Comment

I'd trade Amir & Gay for Horford in a heartbeat.

Comment

Well, he can operate in the same space as JV, but he's also not like Aldridge. Horford isn't a guy you have to constantly run plays for to keep happy, and he's a solid shooter (though his range doesn't extend to 3), and excellent passer who is be able to make big-big passes. You can easily play him with any big, whether that's a true C like Jonas, or a shooter, or a hustle big. He can co-exist with pretty much any lineup. Granted spacing is not ideal without a more pure stretch 4, like Love or Bosh, but neither of those guys gives you the D or leadership that Horford does.
                              No need to sell me on Horford. I was bringing his name up over the summer as a PF we should try and trade for.

Comment

Working...
                              X