Kyle Lowry actually said this AFTER the Rockets game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry actually said this AFTER the Rockets game

“This is a different team,” he said. “We are not going to have a high amount of assists because of the players we have. We have individual players — guys who create for themselves. Your assist totals are never going to be as high as they can be because the guys we have, while they catch and shoot sometimes, they are best at playmaking and putting the ball on the floor. And no one is going to complain about that because they are pretty damn good.”

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???? AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE???
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

NBA players are not good at coming up with excuses.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      “This is a different team,” he said. “We are not going to have a high amount of assists because of the players we have. We have individual players — guys who create for themselves. Your assist totals are never going to be as high as they can be because the guys we have, while they catch and shoot sometimes, they are best at playmaking and putting the ball on the floor. And no one is going to complain about that because they are pretty damn good.”

Classic Kyle Lowry. Guy has no idea what he's talking about as usual.

Miami Have 2 of the elite players in the game in LeBron and Wade. And the Heat are one of the best passing team in the NBA. If LeBron and Wade play like DD and Gay, i dont think they win 2 championships.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

It'd be one thing if we had LeBron and Wade. We have ZERO superstars, which is all the more season to do exactly the opposite of that quote, and WORK AS A FUCKING TEAM. The more I dwell on this team the more pissed off I get lol.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

this is why, or at least it helps explain the difference between winners, and losers.

Comment

A point guard trying to justify why his team's assist totals are non-existent. Sounds to me like he's being a bit defiant, almost as if to re-direct blame.

Reminds me of Bargnani trying to explain why his rebounding sucks. This isn't "Rebound-ball"
            Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Nov 12, 2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

not at all surprised by the low assist number anyway. NO ONE WAS SCORING.

Comment

wow... were doomed!
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

What is he going to say though, really?

It is ridiculous... 100%. Don't get me wrong.

But he'd be a real dick to throw his teammates under the bus.

Comment

fucking idiot.

I rarely show vitriol for a player on a team I support.... but god dammit, what an idiot.

if a team is built in such a way that it reduces the main skill attributed to your position... either the team is playing wrong, or you're redundant.

Comment

This team is just plain bad.

- Lack of talent
                      - The talent we do have doesn't fit
                      - Horrible coaching
                      - Fucked up accountability system that only seems to apply to young players
                      - Not to mention our payroll rivals most contenders, when we are a lottery team

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        A point guard trying to justify why his team's assist totals are non-existent. Sounds to me like he's being a bit defiant, almost as if to re-direct blame.

Reminds me of Bargnani trying to explain why his rebounding sucks. This isn't "Rebound-ball"
                        Perhaps he has been surfing at raptorsrepublic?

Comment

lowry is best when he hogs the ball, and shoots the 3 or drives into the paint, and makes the surprising pass, or passing it when the defensive attention is focused on him. I don't understand why everyone here is bitching that he isn't calderon. I really liked what I saw from lowry in the second half, and hope he continues to play this way. Otherwise we are going to get jack shit for him in a trade.

Comment

I like how Lowry has played. I think we need him to be more dominant with creating a break in the defense and then pass it off. He made a good play where he waited for Dwight in the lane to commit to him before driving and passing it off for Amir. Other plays you will find him able to cut right under the basket and to no avail. More than once Ive seen him circle waiting for a good opportunity. He is creating the cuts, he is creating the angles, but his teammates are not meeting them.
                            Also, when he does the right thing and passes to Rudy in a good position, Rudy will dribble it back to behind the 3pt line before driving and taking a midrange. Whether he hits them or not, Lowry is not getting his assists!

Defensively, Lowry has been very solid. Infact, I am impressed by everyones defense. But when Lowry comes off the court, even if you keep Demar, Rudy and Amir, the lineup slows down and its very hard to stop Demar or Rudy from Iso-ing everytime down the court.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

SportsNet (Tim & Sid) just pointed out that from the top 40 scorers in the NBA right now, the 2 worst FG%'s belong to (drum roll).....Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan!

Who needs assists leading to easy baskets? Not these guys! 35% all night long!
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X