Kyle Lowry actually said this AFTER the Rockets game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    SportsNet (Tim & Sid) just pointed out that from the top 40 scorers in the NBA right now, the 2 worst FG%'s belong to (drum roll).....Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan!

Who needs assists leading to easy baskets? Not these guys! 35% all night long!
    "We can score at will"

Indoctrination rears its ugly head again....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      "We can score at will"

Indoctrination rears its ugly head again....
      So the problem isn't their scoring, but rather their will.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

my main gripe with this is... basically what i'm hearing is "demar and gay are great at creating their own shots... so I just get them the ball, and let them do their thing"

and that kind of logic just shits all over the concept of TEAM BASKETBALL

so demar and gay can create their own shots.... do you know what that means? WITHOUT the ball, with more freedom of movement, they should be able to create their own shots... and they should have a PG competent enough to be able to find them when they free themselves up for good shots..

it's becoming more and more apparent to me that Lowry is not a PG in anything but size.

there is no reason Demar or Rudy can't develop games in the vein Ray Allen or Rip Hamilton... and they should play with a PG who encourages that kind of play.. not somebody who encourages their development into the next Gilbert Arenas/Antoine Walker of the league

Comment

Raps are dead last in team assists.

Utah lead by Tinsley and Lucas III (yeah, THAT John Lucas III) is ahead of us.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            “This is a different team,” he said. “We are not going to have a high amount of assists because of the players we have. We have individual players — guys who create for themselves. Your assist totals are never going to be as high as they can be because the guys we have, while they catch and shoot sometimes, they are best at playmaking and putting the ball on the floor. And no one is going to complain about that because they are pretty damn good.”

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???? AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE???
            I cant really find an issue with with what Lowry said. It is true. Both his wings are ISO players. And if you try and read between the lines, it seems that they, as a team, are the ones figuring out the offense by themselves with minimal input from Casey. And thats the part that i feel is wrong.

Do you mind posting the whole article? Coz surely he wouldve said something like "we're working to move the ball around", "find the open man" etc etc in connection with this initial statement.

It starts with Casey. If your players are forcing ISOs, call a timeout, set up a play. If they continue to call ISOs, sit them down. I know this is not an excuse but a lot of the big name players in the league are having cold starts as well. Harden, George, Wall, Irving. FG% are down. Common guys, we're only a week into the season. Not all guys come out roaring like Lebron, CP3 or Durant.

But even after having said this, I'm convinced now that tanking is the way to go.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              I cant really find an issue with with what Lowry said. It is true. Both his wings are ISO players. And if you try and read between the lines, it seems that they, as a team, are the ones figuring out the offense by themselves with minimal input from Casey. And thats the part that i feel is wrong.

Do you mind posting the whole article? Coz surely he wouldve said something like "we're working to move the ball around", "find the open man" etc etc in connection with this initial statement.

It starts with Casey. If your players are forcing ISOs, call a timeout, set up a play. If they continue to call ISOs, sit them down. I know this is not an excuse but a lot of the big name players in the league are having cold starts as well. Harden, George, Wall, Irving. FG% are down. Common guys, we're only a week into the season. Not all guys come out roaring like Lebron, CP3 or Durant.

But even after having said this, I'm convinced now that tanking is the way to go.
              Does anyone have a picture of Gary Payton riding a tank?

I know one was found with Gary Forbes riding

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Does anyone have a picture of Gary Payton riding a tank?

I know one was found with Gary Forbes riding
                hahaha shut up Matt!!!!

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                  Athletes aren't professional talkers, and because they went through the government school system, in most cases, they also don't know anything about logic or critical thinking, so they just end up saying really stupid things, most of them. Might as well just ignore what they say. It's fine if you're talking to someone like Shane Battier, but most of them are far below that level of sophistication.
                  You don't have to have university level English in order to have a proper conversation. They just devoted most of their time to athletics, as opposed to academics, in grade school.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    You don't have to have university level English in order to have a proper conversation. They just devoted most of their time to athletics, as opposed to academics, in grade school.
                    proper conversation doesn't always include logic and critical thinking. i think they just have to say whatever to defend their team mates / team. i mean lowry was most vocal about supporting bargnani when everyone started boo'ing him like crazy. i'm sure he knew having him there was detrimental overall.

Comment

The assist numbers are terrible, but its obvious it isn't Lowry's fault. Start Fields and Ross instead of Gay and DD, run the ball through Lowry and JV, and I bet total assists would go up, TO's down, and the team would be much better to watch. I'm not sure we would win more games, but easier to cheer for IMO.

Comment

Coach has to go, but I think MU rolls with Casey this season as I don't think he really cares about how this season pans out, it will just determine his direction. It's becoming clear that DD and Gay have to go, I don't mind Lowry at this point and think he wouldn't be terrible to extend as I doubt he gets much, if any, more than he is currently getting, plus I think he would work better in a system that doesn't have the ball stop with the wings. Plus, a $6-8mil PG isn't bad off the bench if a better option presents itself down the road.

Comment

Casey, Lowry and Gay. All 3 have got to go.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                            I guess his decision making off the court is just as bad as on the court.
                            Hands down best tank avi! hahhaaha

Comment

that is BY FAR the most disappointing quote I have ever read

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                                Athletes aren't professional talkers, and because they went through the government school system, in most cases, they also don't know anything about logic or critical thinking, so they just end up saying really stupid things, most of them. Might as well just ignore what they say. It's fine if you're talking to someone like Shane Battier, but most of them are far below that level of sophistication.
                                This coming from Daffy Duck. What a prick.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X