No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry actually said this AFTER the Rockets game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess his decision making off the court is just as bad as on the court.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
      I guess his decision making off the court is just as bad as on the court.
      You only get one shot to answer a question, unfortunately, and then it is recorded until the end of time.

Clearly his answer was BS because the situation is BS.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        You only get one shot to answer a question, unfortunately, and then it is recorded until the end of time.

Clearly his answer was BS because the situation is BS.
        Matt's right, what else was Lowry supposed to say. You guys are overreacting to the quote.

Comment

He gambles on defense, he throws wild passes for no reason, he often takes unnecessary shots early in the shot clock, cant run a PnR to save his life. The offense stinks with him on the floor. Dwight Buycks did a better job than him getting other players involved in the game he got injured. He is injury prone due to his bull in a china shop playstyle. He does have two ball stopping clowns that seem alergic to passing once they get the ball and casey seems to be totally out to lunch on the offensive side of the ball so all of the Raptors woes are not on him but he is not helping either. In terms of how the offense runs he seems like a total downgrade from Jose. His defense is better but with all the chances he takes he might as well just be getting strait up beat like Jose was.

Comment

What's he going to say?

"Well, Doug, I play with two wings who play completely selfishly and won't pass the ball. I mean, look, they were 17 of 1,000,000 and they just kept firing up shots. In fact, I'm pretty sure Gay forgot how to pass. How the hell can we get assists when no one passes the ball and we don't make any shots? Look at me? I couldn't throw it in the ocean but I'm gonna take my shots cause if you pass it to one of those guys you won't get it back. No one complains because Val is too young and not good enough yet, Amir is too nice, I'm in a contract year and don't want any controversy, and everyone else is a scrub."

Comment

Rarely do I watch an interview with lowry and walk away thinking he knows anything about basketball. The guy comes off as completely delusional to me and along with Gay probably has the lowest bball IQ on the team IMO. He has quotes like this all the time. I laugh more than I get mad now.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                What's he going to say?

"Well, Doug, I play with two wings who play completely selfishly and won't pass the ball. I mean, look, they were 17 of 1,000,000 and they just kept firing up shots. In fact, I'm pretty sure Gay forgot how to pass. How the hell can we get assists when no one passes the ball and we don't make any shots? Look at me? I couldn't throw it in the ocean but I'm gonna take my shots cause if you pass it to one of those guys you won't get it back. No one complains because Val is too young and not good enough yet, Amir is too nice, I'm in a contract year and don't want any controversy, and everyone else is a scrub."
                just say what any sane person would say: "we gotta work on moving the ball more, 10 assists is unacceptable in a double overtime game"

Comment

Demar DeRozan actually said this after the game:

"We being the go-to players on this team, we have to [keep shooting]," DeRozan maintained. "We can't get frustrated if the shot's not going. It would be a whole different story if we didn't take the shots, if we were out there being passive and not taking the shots we normally take."

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're going to continue to shoot it."

This is so wrong-headed it leaves me speechless.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=436430

Comment

this kind of mentality seems like a cancer spreading through the team.. and it starts with Casey not only allowing it but supporting it

Comment

I know one thing for certain

One of these two things:

1) analytics
                      2) Gay and DeMar's open willingness to ignore what the analytics are recommending

is looking very embarrasing right now.

Comment

Does anyone remember when Jose started over Kyle last year, and Casey preached to the team to share the ball on offense? Why the bloody hell did he decide to stop encouraging that just because Calderon left? Now that we have a "star" ball movement is no longer necessary???
                        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone remember when Jose started over Kyle last year, and Casey preached to the team to share the ball on offense? Why the bloody hell did he decide to stop encouraging that just because Calderon left? Now that we have a "star" ball movement is no longer necessary???
                          Hes playing to the strengths of his players. Kyle Lowry sucked ass being a pass first guy, Casey loves guards like Calderon and would much rather a guy like Lowry off the bench as a go to scorer type see. Kidd and Barera in Dallas.

Right now the raps are a team with little to no shooting he has to make the offense towards what they can do, Casey and nick nurse saw that.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Hes playing to the strengths of his players. Kyle Lowry sucked ass being a pass first guy, Casey loves guards like Calderon and would much rather a guy like Lowry off the bench as a go to scorer type see. Kidd and Barera in Dallas.

Right now the raps are a team with little to no shooting he has to make the offense towards what they can do, Casey and nick nurse saw that.
                            I wouldn't really call long contested jumpers one of Rudy Gay's or DD's strengths. xD
                            But yeah, I get what you mean. If we were to emphasize passing with the group of players we have now, without a steady hand to control the offense that could potentially be disastrous. At the same time, it wouldn't kill us to make a few EASY passes just to loosen up the defense and hopefully get better shots.
                            And by few passes I don't mean having Rudy or DD give it to someone just for them to give it back.
                            OG is our king

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post

"We being the go-to players on this team, we have to [keep shooting]," DeRozan maintained. "We can't get frustrated if the shot's not going. It would be a whole different story if we didn't take the shots, if we were out there being passive and not taking the shots we normally take."

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're going to continue to shoot it."

First thing that pops in to my head reading this: Come hell or high water.

Trade them all Masai, trade them all.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X