Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #10: Chicago Bulls 96 - Toronto Raptors 80 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon wrote:
    I think the type of offense the Raps are running, ie. iso for the wings, creates fewer assist opportunities.
    Ya think?
    The offense is horrendous. They have one decent offensive game and then they end up back in square one

Comment

• Elsewhere, Charlotte beats Cleveland by six, which is the ideal result for us if we're looking to trade with them: we want Charlotte (5-4) thinking they have a real shot and we want Cleveland (3-7) desperate.

Comment

• So, Is Mike Brown in Cle. is what he is? How long does he last there? Their record is a real surprise.

Comment

• The problem with the Raps is they aren't having fun playing the game right now.

There are too many huge ego's on the court just looking after themselves, forcing plays.

It also seems like the coach is in over his head and that he is unable to manage these egos and things are just out of control. It is sad and it is hard to see a way out of this mess.

Comment

• When I heard rose wasnt playing tonight I figured it would be a loss Rose isnt himself right now guy is disastrous, hes playing like a Rudy gay at PG right now..

Without him theres more ball movement and a lot better defense all around. Probably what Raps will look like when Gay and Lowry leave town.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Don't want to sound like a broken record here. But Gay and Lowry's basketball IQ are well below average. These 2 are just not winning players IMO.

Gay just continues to force everything offensively. Heck, he was trying to go 1 on 2, 1 on 3 late in the game. And Lowry is just brutal. I ranked him as the 20th best starting PG last year. And i got flamed a lot in this forum because of that comment. Heck, someone here last year mentioned he's a top 10 PG LOL. Gotta admit. Im wrong, Lowry is worst than that. He's gotta be one of the worst starting PG in the game. And i've been saying this since last year. Kyle Lowry is a back up PG at best.
              I have to agree, I've been saying this about Lowry since we got him. I kept waiting to see this guy everyone talked about being a potential star. So many said it so I thought okay, I'll wait and see. But it still hasn't come. I said last week that I think this is the final year that NBA minds consider Lowry as a starting point guard in the league.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• DeRozan improved as the game went on from a shooting standpoint. I honestly don't mind if he's a one dimensional player, but if he's going to be one, then score at a higher rate.

I realize that hitting (and attempting) 3s is going to drop down your average a bit but you cannot be a pure scorer and shoot just 40%.
                Last edited by ebrian; Sat Nov 16, 2013, 08:10 AM.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                  I have to agree, I've been saying this about Lowry since we got him. I kept waiting to see this guy everyone talked about being a potential star. So many said it so I thought okay, I'll wait and see. But it still hasn't come. I said last week that I think this is the final year that NBA minds consider Lowry as a starting point guard in the league.
                  That is the problem with potential, sometimes it is never realized.

I was big on Lowry. Still think he is better than what he shows in Toronto. The worst thing that ever happened to him in the NBA was Dwane Casey. Even with McHale and their falling out, at least McHale let him play his game - it was just a difference of opinion on who the starter was: Kyle or Dragic.

My perspective has shifted has turned in the last year. I'm only talking about potential for 2 years with a player - maybe 3 given circumstances. After that you know what you are getting. If you're a star, you'll show it very soon.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Nov 16, 2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• loool I stopped watching a bit into the third, I would have ended up in some psychologists office if i watched the whole game. thank God DeRozan lit it up and gave the fans something to cheer about.
                    I couldn't agree more with what special1's saying ...just sayin
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                      None of my shots were falling at rec ball last night. I know I'm a great player though! Don't listen to what the stats and just general reason says! I'm an NBA caliber player, it just hasn't happened for me yet!
                      LOOL
                      where not a bad team tho.
                      2nd our division
                      8th in the east
                      fams, we're 4 in 6 lighten up. atleast we're not 3 in 7 like Cleveland or 2 in 6 like Milwaukee
                      11th in rebounds
                      and 5th in opponents points per games
                      it could be worse alot worse
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                        loool I stopped watching a bit into the third, I would have ended up in some psychologists office if i watched the whole game. thank God DeRozan lit it up and gave the fans something to cheer about.
                        I couldn't agree more with what special1's saying ...just sayin
                        I don't think anyone has an issue with what special1 is saying.... or you. That is an opinion and that is cool.

The problem is special1 is pooping others for their opinion.

If people are happy with a solid scoring effort in a blowout loss where no other contribution was given - cool.

I'm not though.

But definitely good on DeRozan for at least providing some level of enthusiasm for an otherwise dreadful Raptor showing.

#BlowItUpAlreadyMasai

Comment

• After 10 games against less than stellar competition for 7 of those games the Raptors are 4-6.

Spread that out to 82 games and this is a 32/33 win season.

Sure they are sitting in 8th but they are just one game and two wins out of 15th.

This is not a good team.

Comment

• Masai is a lot more antsy than the rest of us. I'm sure he's burning the phone lines as we speak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                              I don't think anyone other than Colangelo thought it was a good team.
                              This forum's post history is proof you are wrong about that.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                It is a good scoring game

1 reb, 1 sat, 3 to, 37 mins in a blowout loss is a bad overall game
                                Tbh I agree with you on the whole tank business.

But 37 points on 13-22 is a good game man.

What you're saying about the other parts of the statsheet would also suggest that someone like Klay Thompson basically NEVER has good games (only averages 2.8rpg and 1.8apg).

Comment

Working...
                                X