Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #10: Chicago Bulls 96 - Toronto Raptors 80 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is the problem with potential, sometimes it is never realized.

I was big on Lowry. Still think he is better than what he shows in Toronto. The worst thing that ever happened to him in the NBA was Dwane Casey. Even with McHale and their falling out, at least McHale let him play his game - it was just a difference of opinion on who the starter was: Kyle or Dragic.

My perspective has shifted has turned in the last year. I'm only talking about potential for 2 years with a player - maybe 3 given circumstances. After that you know what you are getting. If you're a star, you'll show it very soon.
    Let me just say that I am not one of those guys who revels after making a prediction contrary to majority thinking. I really really hoped you guys were right. But yea, there are guys that can prove you wrong after 3+ years and gradually become good, but those are outliers. You are either good or you aren't and it's becoming clear that Lowry is one of the latter.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
      Tbh I agree with you on the whole tank business.

But 37 points on 13-22 is a good game man.

What you're saying about the other parts of the statsheet would also suggest that someone like Klay Thompson basically NEVER has good games (only averages 2.8rpg and 1.8apg).
      He had a great SCORING game. I'm not denying that. In fact I actually agree except he took a lot of bad shots (long 2s) that happened to go in. The percentages show he is only hitting 40% of those - last night was his night.

My point is his overall game (of which defense is 50% of the game) was poor.

Great scoring.

Horrible everything else.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend.

*And Thompson is actually a good defender, isn't he?
      ** Regrading Klay on offense, his efficiency through 9 games is eFG 65.9% and TS 67.6%. That is nuts: 58/50/88.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Nov 16, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Not that this means anything, but the guy commentating the top 10 calls DeMar "Air Canada".

So basically the lesson here is that any guy playing in Toronto has become synonymous with the national airline.

Carry on with your daily lives.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I used to be member here about 3-4 years ago when this place was PRO BC and everyone was so optimistic about the direction of this team. Lets just say I was labeled as being not a "REAL FAN" and being "Negative" and was banned from the site and ...

Past is past but I have to say I am happy to see the fans are seeing the real potential of this team now. I think the new GM is a smart guy and he too, is seeing what he has been left from 7 years of BC gambling with this team.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
            I used to be member here about 3-4 years ago when this place was PRO BC and everyone was so optimistic about the direction of this team. Lets just say I was labeled as being not a "REAL FAN" and being "Negative" and was banned from the site and ...

Past is past but I have to say I am happy to see the fans are seeing the real potential of this team now. I think the new GM is a smart guy and he too, is seeing what he has been left from 7 years of BC gambling with this team.
            welcome to the boards! (welcome back i mean)
            but real talks if being negative is your thing you'll fit right in...-.-
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
              I used to be member here about 3-4 years ago when this place was PRO BC and everyone was so optimistic about the direction of this team. Lets just say I was labeled as being not a "REAL FAN" and being "Negative" and was banned from the site and ...

You were right, dude.

I offer my sincerest apologies.

Regardless of your opinions stick to the forum rules!

As for the past, there comes a point when a when you are hoping for 6-7 guys to have career years (especially when it is 1 or 2 guys year after year) with everyone else maintaining status quo, you're not going to win - anything. Took me a while to see that but better late than never.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                I think the fan base is more sophisticated, or maybe just more cynical now, but if you were really banned for the reasons you say, that is a shameful episode in this site's history.
                I am pretty sure I did the banning on this one when I was a moderator.

Differences of opinions are always welcomed - encouraged in fact.

But when differences of opinions become personal attacks or attempts at trolling, that is/was the problem.

Comment

• this game was disgusting, I am full on board with the tank brigade. Who else switched off the game after 1 quarter in disgust?

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan improved as the game went on from a shooting standpoint. I honestly don't mind if he's a one dimensional player, but if he's going to be one, then score at a higher rate.

I realize that hitting (and attempting) 3s is going to drop down your average a bit but you cannot be a pure scorer and shoot just 40%.
                    That is the problem with DD....too low FG%.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      this game was disgusting, I am full on board with the tank brigade. Who else switched off the game after 1 quarter in disgust?
                      well I have watched full 4qs.

Everything happens for a reason, no need to stress here. Hard times never last forever.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Everything happens for a reason, no need to stress here. Hard times never last forever.
                        respectfully, I've never believed this sentiment.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

+100 sending them good vibes
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Watching the Pacers/Bulls game. Bulls destroying the Pacers.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              this game was disgusting, I am full on board with the tank brigade. Who else switched off the game after 1 quarter in disgust?
                              I feel asleep during the second quarter. Woke up when it was all done and celebrated the loss. I cant wait for some different players here. This mix of guys just does not work and most of the moves BC made were for over valued guys that dont actually bring anything to this team. Once on the hot seat they should neuter these GMs so they dont make a bunch of ridiculous moves to help them save their jobs. If they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be on the hot seat, why let the go buck-wild with your franchise at the end.

Comment

• Chicago - Indiana

60-35 at the half.

Holy cow.

Comment

Working...
                                X