Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudy been watching Wiggins?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Actually we haven't boo'd any good players out of town. If you think we are booing "good" players out of town, I suggest you look at Amir, JYD, Mo Pete, A. Davis, hard working efficient win producing basketball players. The player's we have boo'd out of town have either been idiots (VC), or just not that good (Bargnani, Jose), or we want to replace them with better players (DD and Gay via draft)

    I don't want a perpetually bad team anymore, we (the "tankers", that is if they agree with my following statement) are just tired of cheering for bad teams year in and year out, and as fans that love this franchise we want to see it succeed. And that means that we want to replace our "good" players with GREAT players by any means necessary...

    ....but if you are ok with watching a 33-40 win team each season, then I guess you are a true fan......of mediocrity
    Tankers suck at math
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #32
      Shrub wrote: View Post
      Right, and I don't think anybody is about to make an argument for Afflalo to make the team, are we?

      Lets not cheapen All-Star status folks - they're just not deserving.
      Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson, Gerald Wallace all have been to the all-star game. China voted Yao Ming to the All-star game in the year he retired (of course he didn't go). I don't care if the player is a super star, but I'd be very upset if someone like D Wade, Lance Stephenson, J.R. Smith, or others were voted in the place of Afflalo. If he is the best guard performing in the East he has every reason to go.

      And yes, I think Demar should be given serious consideration this year, only because the guard play is so poor in the East this season.

      Comment


      • #33
        Nosike wrote: View Post
        Paul George is a 3. He's averaging more PPG than Gay (and a lot more efficiently I might add).
        you know what, with all the flack rudy is getting on efficiency, he's barely any different than carmelos current numbers.

        Comment


        • #34
          Shrub wrote: View Post
          Right, and I don't think anybody is about to make an argument for Afflalo to make the team, are we?

          Lets not cheapen All-Star status folks - they're just not deserving.
          Afflalo is putting up phenomenal numbers right now. The only question is - can he keep it up. If so, he's a lock for the all-star game.

          Comment


          • #35
            golden wrote: View Post
            Afflalo is putting up phenomenal numbers right now. The only question is - can he keep it up. If so, he's a lock for the all-star game.
            that pretty much applies to anyone on a short hot streak, including DD.

            Comment


            • #36
              golden wrote: View Post
              Afflalo is putting up phenomenal numbers right now. The only question is - can he keep it up. If so, he's a lock for the all-star game.
              Man - no.
              He absolutely is not.

              There were 4 guards on the Eastern all-star team last year.
              Of that lot, Jrue is no longer around, and Rondo is injured.
              Irving is a lock, and Wade is a pretty safe bet.

              So, lets say there are 2 spots left.
              Rose gets one.
              The other, while Afflalo should be considered, is not his to lose.
              I don't care what his numbers are.

              Wall will probably get it.
              Teague is, statistically, having as good a year as Afflalo, and winning games.
              Some are saying Stephenson should get the nod.

              Afflalo is playing very well, but he's a reach.
              All-stars are supposed to be something special, not just good players getting boosted stats from playing on poor teams.

              Comment


              • #37
                I love how Rudy was "money" with the game on the line again last night. Rudy's abysmal fg% is more a reflection of a stagnant offense that does not move the ball well and depends too much on iso play at the end of the shot clock.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Shrub wrote: View Post
                  Man - no.
                  He absolutely is not.

                  There were 4 guards on the Eastern all-star team last year.
                  Of that lot, Jrue is no longer around, and Rondo is injured.
                  Irving is a lock, and Wade is a pretty safe bet.

                  So, lets say there are 2 spots left.
                  Rose gets one.
                  The other, while Afflalo should be considered, is not his to lose.
                  I don't care what his numbers are.

                  Wall will probably get it.
                  Teague is, statistically, having as good a year as Afflalo, and winning games.
                  Some are saying Stephenson should get the nod.

                  Afflalo is playing very well, but he's a reach.
                  All-stars are supposed to be something special, not just good players getting boosted stats from playing on poor teams.
                  Rose is injured, and with the way Wade is playing ideally he is not a safe bet.
                  I think there is still a battle for the guard spot in the east.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Shrub wrote: View Post
                    Man - no.
                    He absolutely is not.

                    There were 4 guards on the Eastern all-star team last year.
                    Of that lot, Jrue is no longer around, and Rondo is injured.
                    Irving is a lock, and Wade is a pretty safe bet.

                    So, lets say there are 2 spots left.
                    Rose gets one.
                    The other, while Afflalo should be considered, is not his to lose.
                    I don't care what his numbers are.

                    Wall will probably get it.
                    Teague is, statistically, having as good a year as Afflalo, and winning games.
                    Some are saying Stephenson should get the nod.

                    Afflalo is playing very well, but he's a reach.
                    All-stars are supposed to be something special, not just good players getting boosted stats from playing on poor teams.
                    Well it's the old 'putting up numbers on losing teams' vs. 'over-inflated reputations on stacked winning teams'' debate. What has changed is that in the old days, guys who put up 20/10's on bad teams were volume chuckers, but now we have advanced stats to weed out those kind of guys. Now you can see that a guy like Afflalo has started the season unbelievably efficient (ORTG > 120 @ 24% USG). That's not stat-boosting - that's elite. But again, Afflalo's hot start could simply be Orlando's version of Bargs 15 game streak. But I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility that he at least could be in the discussion for a spot at ASG, if he keeps it up.

                    Conversely, I see no reason why Rose (@ 10 PER), automatically gets a 'reputation' spot, or Wade to a lesser degree, especially since he is injured alot and has the luxury to take nights off to 'rest', while Lebron and Bosh carry the load.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Also, if Raptors get above .500, you can't say Demar is getting numbers on a bad team anymore. If he explodes for the next 20 odd games, we could see him in the Allstar game.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        golden wrote: View Post
                        But I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility that he at least could be in the discussion for a spot at ASG, if he keeps it up.
                        I'm with you there, I was replying to the notion that he's a 'lock'.
                        I was pointing out that the odds are against him, not ruling him out completely.
                        But I'm still very skeptical (and I like Afflalo and think he's a very solid SG, I should add).

                        Stats are far too often a gimmick used by people who haven't given a player the eye-test.
                        There's no substitute for watching somebody play, and my eyes say Afflalo is not elite.

                        It's not about being on a losing team, because I think Wall is playing like an All-Star.

                        It's about poise.
                        It's about being the best player on the floor.
                        It's about the ability to take over a game.
                        I'm straying into opinion territory here, but this is what makes somebody an All-Star in my mind.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X