No announcement yet.

Rudy been watching Wiggins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note, lets all vote for Rudy, Demar and Valancuinas to be selected to the all star game this year! They need our help it would go a long way to make the statement to the league that we got some talent up north. Voting this year is as easy as ever. All you have to do is to go to the NBA page on Facebook and leave a comment with #nbaballot after the players name. Make sure to vote and show some team spirit!! LETS GO RAPTORS!!!!
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      On a side note, lets all vote for Rudy, Demar and Valancuinas to be selected to the all star game this year! They need our help it would go a long way to make the statement to the league that we got some talent up north. Voting this year is as easy as ever. All you have to do is to go to the NBA page on Facebook and leave a comment with #nbaballot after the players name. Make sure to vote and show some team spirit!! LETS GO RAPTORS!!!!
      Jonas? Can't say he's deserving.

It drove me nuts when Yao Ming would lead fan voting while sitting on the sidelines all season.

The league needs objective voters!

Comment

As for Rudy, he's definitely lost a step compared to last year. I know that may be explained by his added bulk, but I wish Rudy would use that new found bulk in the post more often.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Breakout year for Rudy will have all you haters feeling salty as f*** dont believe me just watch.. Career highs pretty much all across the board, book it!
          Yeah probably.
          But his careers averages aren't great.
          And so far he's been getting good numbers but not helping the team much.
          Hurting the team mostly.

So...who cares ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ambidextrious;249882]On a side note, lets all vote for Rudy, Demar and Valancuinas to be selected to the all star game this year! They need our help it would go a long way to make the statement to the league that we got some talent up north. [QUOTE]

Ah, I see.
            You're a crazy person.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              ...I say "beats" because when you're shooting 35%, I'm not sure you're really beating anybody...
              I would say with a shooting % like that you are mostly "beating" yourself...and doing a damn good job of it.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Is it me, or does Rudy look a bit slower and little less explosive on his leaping this year? Or maybe he's never been quick and as explosive as I thought, and I'm just getting used to seeing him more?
                Rudy looks big this year. He almost has the same body type as Daniel Orton of the Sixers. If you look at him last year and this year. The difference is staggering. I dont think the added weight has helped him at all.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Rudy looks big this year. He almost has the same body type as Daniel Orton of the Sixers. If you look at him last year and this year. The difference is staggering. I dont think the added weight has helped him at all.
                  I agree with you (but lets not go crazy with the Orton comparison, as that dude is really big ). It definitely doesn't seem to be helping him though. Or at least he's not playing in a way where it really helps make a difference.

Though I can't really decide if Rudy looks slower, because he's also a lazy player who easily falls into coasting at times. Seeing him "defending" sometimes when he's standing up completely straight and refusing to move his feet....well anyone can look slow playing that fundamentally bad D.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shrub;249891][QUOTE=Ambidextrious;249882]On a side note, lets all vote for Rudy, Demar and Valancuinas to be selected to the all star game this year! They need our help it would go a long way to make the statement to the league that we got some talent up north.

Ah, I see.
                    You're a crazy person.
                    lol it may seem like im crazy for thinking these guys could play in the all star game but besides Jonas playing, the idea may not be as farfetched as you think. DD and Gay are both 20+ppg players, they're young and exciting players who are continuing to improve. Also i believe were in a transitional period in the NBA where the veteran players are starting to make way for the next line of stars. (Paul George) IMO, players should pass the torch to the new guys and let them enjoy some of that limelight. It really annoys me to see guys like Steph Curry getting snubbed because fans keep voting the same players in year after year.. So lets do something about it and support our team!
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Derozan making allstar is not so crazy.

He is currently the #1 scoring 2-guard in the East. If he ups his percentages, and maybe inches a bit further in PPG it might be attracting enough media to get him there, at least as a reserve.

Rudy Gay, btw is #3 in scoring at the 3-guard in the East. Behind Carmelo and Lebron. In my opinion, much less likely to make an Allstar team due to the company in his position.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Derozan making allstar is not so crazy.

He is currently the #1 scoring 2-guard in the East. If he ups his percentages, and maybe inches a bit further in PPG it might be attracting enough media to get him there, at least as a reserve.

Rudy Gay, btw is #3 in scoring at the 3-guard in the East. Behind Carmelo and Lebron. In my opinion, much less likely to make an Allstar team due to the company in his position.
                        Paul George is a 3. He's averaging more PPG than Gay (and a lot more efficiently I might add).

Comment

DeMar also isn't the #1 scoring SG in the East.

Aaron Afflalo is at 22.5ppg.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            DeMar also isn't the #1 scoring SG in the East.

Aaron Afflalo is at 22.5ppg.
                            Its not because Im a liar! It updated after today when Paul went for 35, and Afflalo went for 30.

I wrote that when it was true
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Right, and I don't think anybody is about to make an argument for Afflalo to make the team, are we?

Lets not cheapen All-Star status folks - they're just not deserving.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Rudy is slow now? LOL, fucking Raptors fans, every "good" player we get is boo'd right out of town.
                                Actually we haven't boo'd any good players out of town. If you think we are booing "good" players out of town, I suggest you look at Amir, JYD, Mo Pete, A. Davis, hard working efficient win producing basketball players. The player's we have boo'd out of town have either been idiots (VC), or just not that good (Bargnani, Jose), or we want to replace them with better players (DD and Gay via draft)

I don't want a perpetually bad team anymore, we (the "tankers", that is if they agree with my following statement) are just tired of cheering for bad teams year in and year out, and as fans that love this franchise we want to see it succeed. And that means that we want to replace our "good" players with GREAT players by any means necessary...

....but if you are ok with watching a 33-40 win team each season, then I guess you are a true fan......of mediocrity

Comment

Working...
                                X