Raptors Force Zach Lowe to Write An Article On Abolishing Divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Too many Raps fans with an inferiority complex when it comes to US media.
    I was going to write a post about Torontonians in general and their complexes but I think I will stop before I get in trouble....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I was going to write a post about Torontonians in general and their complexes but I think I will stop before I get in trouble....
      Haha fair enough.

While it is true that many US media outlets dismiss the Raps, it's also true that those same outlets dismiss the Bobcats, Bucks etc just as much. Until you start winning, the main networks won't bother. 5 years ago no one would waste time talking about the Clippers or Warriors but now they sure do.

You can just dismiss all US media just because some are ill-informed.

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Haha fair enough.

While it is true that many US media outlets dismiss the Raps, it's also true that those same outlets dismiss the Bobcats, Bucks etc just as much. Until you start winning, the main networks won't bother. 5 years ago no one would waste time talking about the Clippers or Warriors but now they sure do.

You can just dismiss all US media just because some are ill-informed.

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
        This is very true.

Typically when we criticize "US media" we're talking about US national media, which of necessity only covers high-level talking points, aka championship contenders, league superstars, and the most consequential events. They don't spend time talking about lottery teams in general, or random non-all-star players.

It's got nothing to do with the Raptors being in Toronto or us being Canadian. As Douggie Smith frequently (and correctly) points out, the Raps got plenty of national US coverage with Vince here, and will do so again as soon as the team is competitive/interesting. It has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with winning.

Ironically, as has been mentioned, Zach Lowe is one of the fairest, most nuanced NBA writers at the national media level who gives plenty of attention to this Raptors franchise.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
        X