Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Majority Of Threads These Days On The Board..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Majority Of Threads These Days On The Board..

give me a fucking headache. Endless bantering ad-nauseam between left wing(tank) and right wing(anti-tank). It seems that's how every thread is ending up.

It seems to be a freaking stalemate. Nobody is making any progress on either end. We almost aren't even talking about the raptors anymore...just blow it up or hold the fort...it's been going on for months and it's only getting and it's only going to get worse it seems.

The longer Ujiri waits and doesn't make a move the more chaotic this place is going to get. I'm not saying stop, but it's like different day, same shit type deal. Something's gotta give cause the same argument..from the same posters..has been going on since I don't even know how far back.

This is what this place is turning into..

Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 22, 2013, 11:25 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

"The political terms Left wing and Right wing were coined during the French Revolution (1789–1799), referring to the seating arrangement in the Estates General: those who sat on the left generally opposed the monarchy and supported the revolution, including the creation of a republic and secularization, while those on the right were supportive of the traditional institutions of the Old Regime."

Based on that, shouldn't the tankers be the left wing and the anti-tankers be the right wing? Tankers seem to support the revolution more while right wingers support the traditional, old regime...

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      "The political terms Left wing and Right wing were coined during the French Revolution (1789–1799), referring to the seating arrangement in the Estates General: those who sat on the left generally opposed the monarchy and supported the revolution, including the creation of a republic and secularization, while those on the right were supportive of the traditional institutions of the Old Regime."

Based on that, shouldn't the tankers be the left wing and the anti-tankers be the right wing? Tankers seem to support the revolution more while right wingers support the traditional, old regime...

In some nerdy way, I feel like you're telling me to go get my shinebox..

Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 22, 2013, 11:30 PM.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        give me a fucking headache. Endless bantering ad-nauseam between left wing(tank) and right wing(anti-tank). It seems that's how every thread is ending up.

It seems to be a freaking stalemate. Nobody is making any progress on either end. We almost aren't even talking about the raptors anymore...just blow it up or hold the fort...it's been going on for months and it's only getting and it's only going to get worse it seems.

The longer Ujiri waits and doesn't make a move the more chaotic this place is going to get. I'm not saying stop, but it's like different day, same shit type deal. Something's gotta give cause the same argument..from the same posters..has been going on since I don't even know how far back.
        You know, I've had the same thought, but after every game I can't help but rehash roster overhaul thoughts. Even wins, like tonight's, have been so ugly (and against really bad teams). They played a nice first half, a horrible, horrible third quarter, and nearly gave the game away before Rudy hit a couple shots that he's been making at a 30% rate this year. Again, against a team that's really struggling. Hard to discuss the ins and outs of a particular game when you feel like the issues are much bigger picture...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dude at work was just telling me about Roadhouse today, told him I've never watched it... lol

And then I go change my avi to a tank and read this thread. Go figure.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            You know, I've had the same thought, but after every game I can't help but rehash roster overhaul thoughts. Even wins, like tonight's, have been so ugly (and against really bad teams). They played a nice first half, a horrible, horrible third quarter, and nearly gave the game away before Rudy hit a couple shots that he's been making at a 30% rate this year. Again, against a team that's really struggling. Hard to discuss the ins and outs of a particular game when you feel like the issues are much bigger picture...
            Well, as the saying goes a win is a win..

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Dude at work was just telling me about Roadhouse today, told him I've never watched it... lol

And then I go change my avi to a tank and read this thread. Go figure.
              did you sign our community tank thread?

And well, you need to watch Roadhouse. It makes regular appearances on the boob tube.

Comment

I agree. Honestly i don't even care which direction we go anymore, i'm completely neutral. I'm just watchin the games and enjoying them

Comment

am I the only one who :

- clicks the link to the thread
                  - read whats in the thread
                  - hits the reply button

of my own free will?

You do also realize that discussing an issue you've (paraphrase) "had enough of" is still discussing the issue right? Its kind of like how you enter every BC thread to remind people BC is no longer here and we shouldn't bother discussing him anymore.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    am I the only one who :

- clicks the link to the thread
                    - read whats in the thread
                    - hits the reply button

of my own free will?

You do also realize that discussing an issue you've (paraphrase) "had enough of" is still discussing the issue right? Its kind of like how you enter every BC thread to remind people BC is no longer here and we shouldn't bother discussing him anymore.
                    The point is that every thread descends onto the subject.
                    If the option is to head elsewhere every time tanking comes up, there aren't a lot of places left to go.

I completely agree, and I think it's both silly and pitiful.
                    Discuss the game folks.
                    The game.
                    Basketball.

Comment

I miss Jeff Healey.

Comment

This is why I don't visit these platforms much. I'm 40 yrs old and I been watching basketball and other sports, almost all my life. And I've never seen so much talk of tanking, EVERY year, like I do with this so-called fan base. It's sickening and anti-sport culture and anti-competitive. Sports isn't about tanking, it's about finding ways to win in your respective competition. Big old people talking about tanking, every frikkin year, like things are a video game. Dudes are playing waaaay too much NBA2K now. This is players' jobs, what they get paid for, eat with, provide for their families with. Tank talk is for losers, literally. That's a defeatist mentality with no ambition but a cheap thrill. To the point that commentators and GMs have to now talk about it in media scrums because that's all these immature minds wanna do, EVERY year, and plague all these websites like a virus wit tank-talking. Clowns.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                          Well, cheering on the Toronto teams, fans have become so used to losing that now they think that's the goal.
                          LOL, the one year we would be cheering for the never ending losses and we are currently winning --- I swear Joseph Heller couldn't of written this season better

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                            This is why I don't visit these platforms much. I'm 40 yrs old and I been watching basketball and other sports, almost all my life. And I've never seen so much talk of tanking, EVERY year, like I do with this so-called fan base. It's sickening and anti-sport culture and anti-competitive. Sports isn't about tanking, it's about finding ways to win in your respective competition. Big old people talking about tanking, every frikkin year, like things are a video game. Dudes are playing waaaay too much NBA2K now. This is players' jobs, what they get paid for, eat with, provide for their families with. Tank talk is for losers, literally. That's a defeatist mentality with no ambition but a cheap thrill. To the point that commentators and GMs have to now talk about it in media scrums because that's all these immature minds wanna do, EVERY year, and plague all these websites like a virus wit tank-talking. Clowns.
                            I fucking love this post. You extreme tankers are getting ridiculous practically hating the wins. Frankly, i enjoy watching our players walk off after the game with their heads high for once. Believe it or not, its actually why i tune in.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                              I agree...it's pretty pathetic. This isn't a video game. Also, we now have older guys talking this crap and the younger people now think its okay to hope for your team to lose!

We finally have a competitive team (2 overtime losses and a loss to charlotte by 2 points - Casey's error not fouling) and all we hear is this "blow it up" crap......we could be 9-4 right now!!

Disgusting

Comment

Working...
                              X