Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Majority Of Threads These Days On The Board..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally have a competitive team? You tune in for the wins? Disgusted with wanting losses?

I've been optimistic about this team the last few years but no more. We are 6-7 this year, beating teams like the sixers, wizards and celtics and we are competitive in this league? Laughable.

The raptors are a loser franchise and it seems like some of you are okay with this. With this core we are going to win 34-40 games this year. That's a fun team to watch? I'd rather win 25 games, watch Ross and JV develop, and hopefully get another player to build around through this years draft.

Unfortunately the loser way of this franchise is rubbing off on some of you.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

This is what this place is turning into..

Um, if this place, turned into Roadhouse, then it would be the coolest place in the world!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I fucking love this post. You extreme tankers are getting ridiculous practically hating the wins. Frankly, i enjoy watching our players walk off after the game with their heads high for once. Believe it or not, its actually why i tune in.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
        Except both yours, and the post your are enamored about, are posts that show clearly that you have no fucking idea what people mean by "tank". Tank, is just a catch word for "proper and thorough rebuild". It isn't a new thing, and it isn't anything more than prudent and wise planning for a franchise that want tpo build a team in the modern era that can compete eventually for a title.

Normally I dn't like tpo be a prick, but today I am, because on countless threads, guys like me have laid out fairly detailed posts about how shit works, and about what a rebuild is. Its like giving directions to the White Castle to a bunch of Zombies though.....people just simply can't fucking understand the concepts, or the climates involved for franchises who are trying to build business plans for winning.

This isn't fucking high school ball, or college ball, this is Professional Sports entertainment, and in order to maximize your product, you have to take major steps back at times to utilize the system that is set up to help teams grow.

FUCK ME, would you guys PLEASE try to get that through your heads. If you don't like it, fine, thats cool, but for the love of al things good, PLEASE GET IT FUCKING RIGHT AND STOP GETTING ALL ANGSTY ABOUT A SO CALLED TANK.

Pretty please.
        With Sugar on top.
        Stop the insanity.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          Um, if this place, turned into Roadhouse, then it would be the coolest place in the world!
          true. But, I meant more like just the utter chaos aspect. Like bar fights.

And holy fuck, this is rapidly morphing into a tank vs. anti-tank thread. Just proving my point..
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

its easy to understand why. nobody knows whats gonna happen, so its easy to jump to conclusions, or to speculate.

I dont mind at all, mostly because I know I'm right, and if what i want to happen happens, Toronto will be awesome one day, and if not, they will suck.

Comment

I agree with you about wanting to see our guys with their heads high for once, but if we have one of these franchise caliber prospects in next years draft on our team, we will be holding our heads high much much more often. And if it is Wiggins, more than likely he will not bolt when his rookie contract comes up. I hate losing too, but I will lose if it means we will be better for years to come. Just my opinion.
              Last edited by mjmc; Sun Nov 24, 2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

mjmc wrote: View Post
                I agree with you about wanting to see our guys with their heads high for once, but if we have one of these franchise caliber prospects in next years draft on our team, we will be holding our heads high much much more often. And if it is Wiggins, more than likely he will not bolt when his rookie contract comes up. I hate losing too, but I will lose if it means we will be better for years to come. Just my opinion.
                Understood but even if we finish last which we won't we most likely will not get Wiggins. Let him go to Utah get frustrated by losing then leave for Toronto. Or better yet pull a John Elway or Eric Lindros. Lol.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  Except both yours, and the post your are enamored about, are posts that show clearly that you have no fucking idea what people mean by "tank". Tank, is just a catch word for "proper and thorough rebuild". It isn't a new thing, and it isn't anything more than prudent and wise planning for a franchise that want tpo build a team in the modern era that can compete eventually for a title.

Normally I dn't like tpo be a prick, but today I am, because on countless threads, guys like me have laid out fairly detailed posts about how shit works, and about what a rebuild is. Its like giving directions to the White Castle to a bunch of Zombies though.....people just simply can't fucking understand the concepts, or the climates involved for franchises who are trying to build business plans for winning.

This isn't fucking high school ball, or college ball, this is Professional Sports entertainment, and in order to maximize your product, you have to take major steps back at times to utilize the system that is set up to help teams grow.

FUCK ME, would you guys PLEASE try to get that through your heads. If you don't like it, fine, thats cool, but for the love of al things good, PLEASE GET IT FUCKING RIGHT AND STOP GETTING ALL ANGSTY ABOUT A SO CALLED TANK.

Pretty please.
                  With Sugar on top.
                  Stop the insanity.
                  Good post Craig, I own a small home business, just bought something for my business that will set me back in the short term BUT man the future is awesome. People think I am not a fan because I want us to "rebuild". Although I am not a season ticket holder, I have been to over 100 games in the last 5 years and been a suffering fan since the beginning (Im 47 years old).
                  With this product I bought for my business, my company will grow. With a top 5 pick in next years draft, the Raps will GROW
                  Cheers

Comment

mjmc wrote: View Post
                    Good post Craig, I own a small home business, just bought something for my business that will set me back in the short term BUT man the future is awesome. People think I am not a fan because I want us to "rebuild". Although I am not a season ticket holder, I have been to over 100 games in the last 5 years and been a suffering fan since the beginning (Im 47 years old).
                    With this product I bought for my business, my company will grow. With a top 5 pick in next years draft, the Raps will GROW
                    Cheers
                    I also have a business, and understand the concept of investing in new equipment. My problem with most of the rebuild talk, or tanking, is the amount that has to be sold/removed/replaced in these scenarios. Would I sell most of my good machinery, in order to finance a new machine? That's what tanking talk involves. I would then have to try and make enough money to replace those machines, in order to be in a better situation than I was before. The only way this works for me, in an equal sense, is to keep my best equipment, and add the new, better machine, thus ending up in a better situation. To get a worthwhile pick in this years tankfest, would require such a dismantling, that it could take years to rebuild around the new piece. I would go in debt to add new equipment, but I wouldn't wreck my ability to generate income, in order to get something new. That's the difference to me, between making a costly investment in the future and selling off your stuff to finance a shot at improving.

Comment

Ion66 wrote: View Post
                      I also have a business, and understand the concept of investing in new equipment. My problem with most of the rebuild talk, or tanking, is the amount that has to be sold/removed/replaced in these scenarios. Would I sell most of my good machinery, in order to finance a new machine? That's what tanking talk involves. I would then have to try and make enough money to replace those machines, in order to be in a better situation than I was before. The only way this works for me, in an equal sense, is to keep my best equipment, and add the new, better machine, thus ending up in a better situation. To get a worthwhile pick in this years tankfest, would require such a dismantling, that it could take years to rebuild around the new piece. I would go in debt to add new equipment, but I wouldn't wreck my ability to generate income, in order to get something new. That's the difference to me, between making a costly investment in the future and selling off your stuff to finance a shot at improving.
                      You should start a thread to try to explain this to all the tankers on this site. You are bang on.

Comment

But if most of your machinery is actually sub-standard, such that it will not allow you to be able to produce the same high-quality product that the marketplace demands to be truly competitive in the upper echelons of that industry...

...then you may have to make some difficult short term decisions with respect to that sub-standard machinery.

That is, if you have your eyes on the upper echelons.

And if not: well, keep on making garbage, I guess.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This thread has gone completely off-topic, so I'm just going to post this Soundgarden song that has about as much relevancy to the thread than what all you guys are saying..
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

But what if your equipment isn't that good? Sure it's a good name brand, but you don't seem to produce as many units (wins) as you feel you should. So you dig a little deeper and realize that the name brand unit is more costly (cap $) and uses more electricity for a mediocre output (inefficient). You also realize that your assembly line has too many redundancies in it, and that your set-up is both inefficient on an individual unit level, but also a whole system level. What does the smart business man do?

It's at this point you need to make the business decision to invest in different machines and set-up. You research the current market of machines and perhaps look at what models are coming out next year.

This is where we are. It's time to accept the reality of our limitations and make smarter decisions.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

This thread has gone completely off-topic, so I'm just going to post this Soundgarden song that has about as much relevancy to the thread than what all you guys are saying..
                              Considering the original intent of your thread, it's kind of funny (and predictable) that it's been hijacked into another tank/rebuild/whatever discussion:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                I miss Jeff Healey.

I just read that they're remaking Roadhouse...WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X