Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    It's so hard to speculate until we know what this team will look like in the summer.

I don't hate either Hayward or Deng. They both bring good things to the table. But both are complementary pieces, so I don't know how they'd fit in with the roster. Not sure I'd want to invest in Hayward. Could be a some big bids on him, and not sure I like the idea of spending 10+ (likely + ) million on him.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    It depends on what you get back for Gay. You essentially platoon the position with a bunch of guys like Fields/Daye/Acy or DD. They could also get a guy from the D-league or make another trade.

I like Hayward, but he's going to be commanding a lot of money.. and you have to offer enough that Utah doesn't match as he's an RFA. Plus you would need that much money in cap space, and the Raptors are well over. The math may still be tight even if they lose both Gay and Lowry. But then they would have to get a PG. There are also going to be a lot of other teams with cap space that could make an offer for Hayward that could beat the Raptors offer.

I just don't think MU is going to be a buyer this summer.

Leave a comment:

• serbiantiger8
    started a topic 3 Spot

3 Spot

I'm wondering, if we do trade Gay (please do), who would take over the 3-spot on our team? We could draft someone, but that would likely take another couple of years to develop, unless it's Wiggins or Parker.

One option I really like is going all out this summer for Gordon Hayward. Now, this only works if the Jazz continue to suck, and get one of the top picks, and select Wiggins or Parker. There would be no point for them to have a 10-12 million Hayward sitting on the bench for them, as a back-up 3. We could offer a contract, and I think they would do a sign-and trade, with someone like Amir, Lowry,or DeRozan involved. Another guy could be Deng, but I'd think we'd have to try to trade for him, as the Bulls probably don't want to let him walk for nothing this summer. Any opinions out there? We could always keep Gay, but I'd rather get another, cheaper and more efficient player.
Working...
X