Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #17: Toronto Raptors 103 - Golden State Warriors 112

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ceez wrote: View Post
    Watched highlights and apparently they weren't really defending the 3 at all, which is basically 101 against a team like the warriors.

    It makes no sense to me. Letting them back in it for the win?

    Don't get me wrong, this team isn't good. But surely Casey is competent enough to defend the 3. C'mon the guy got the Mavs to shut down Lebron in the finals.
    They actually played good on both ends of the floor until some point in the 3rd. GS players did miss some shots they may normally hit in the first half, but the defence was challenging and DD and Gay were going at Thompson. There was good ball movement and they were scoring easily and getting lots of boards. Couldn't hit a shot in the fourth, or get a board, and GSW went off from behind the arc.

    Comment


    • ceez wrote: View Post
      Watched highlights and apparently they weren't really defending the 3 at all, which is basically 101 against a team like the warriors.

      It makes no sense to me. Letting them back in it for the win?

      Don't get me wrong, this team isn't good. But surely Casey is competent enough to defend the 3. C'mon the guy got the Mavs to shut down Lebron in the finals.
      They just collapsed in the 4th. The offense was Derozan and Lowry one-on-one. No one else even wanted the ball. Defensively, they couldn't contain Curry and they kept helping off Thompson and Green. The Oakland crowd got riled up and you could see the panic set in. Everything just totally broke down.

      During that stretch where the Raps coughed up an 18-pt lead. Casey called one timeout.....

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post
        During that stretch where the Raps coughed up an 18-pt lead. Casey called one timeout.....
        It's honorable for the Captain to sink with his ship....

        Comment


        • ceez wrote: View Post
          Watched highlights and apparently they weren't really defending the 3 at all, which is basically 101 against a team like the warriors.

          It makes no sense to me. Letting them back in it for the win?

          Don't get me wrong, this team isn't good. But surely Casey is competent enough to defend the 3. C'mon the guy got the Mavs to shut down Lebron in the finals.
          The Raps were covering the 3 just fine for the most part, guys like Curry and Thompson just need so little room and time to get a shot off its ridiculous. Most open looks GS got were from chaotic/broken plays created by them pushing the ball up the floor.

          Comment


          • Zero defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter didn't help either.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • ceez wrote: View Post
              Had to help my wife with something somewhere in the second quarter when they were up 20 something. Told myself they'd figure out a way to lose.

              They did.

              Checked my twitter TL and we're the laughing stock of the league. Good times.
              I think that karma might have started in the half time of the heat-pistons game on nba fan night. The guys were talking about Kobe's imminent return and said it should be just in time to drop 81 on the raptors. And then they said it again. And again.

              Comment


              • thead wrote: View Post
                do you keep salt on you for these moments, or is it just nearby? :P
                Salt? The Dubs attribute the comeback to a stirring half time rally speech by.... Jermaine O'Neal. Everyone declines to comment on what was said. My guess? "Hey guys....these are the Raptors"

                Comment



                • Comment


                  • LOL!

                    Comment


                    • Afterward, all anyone wanted to talk about was O'Neal's pep talk.

                      "(He) gave a great speech at halftime," Thompson said. "Honestly, that was what was our turning point. It wasn't in the fourth quarter or the third quarter. It was at halftime."

                      No one would reveal what O'Neal said.

                      http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489141
                      I'm probably wrong but I'll guess something like this:

                      "They can't even wipe our bums."
                      "They are spineless jelly fish."
                      "We can't play to riff raff level."
                      "Just tell Rudy DeMar is better."
                      "It is Canada guys."

                      Comment


                      • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I'm probably wrong but I'll guess something like this:

                        "They can't even wipe our bums."
                        "They are spineless jelly fish."
                        "We can't play to riff raff level."
                        "Just tell Rudy DeMar is better."
                        "It is Canada guys."
                        "Do you guys seriously want to lose to an organization that traded the rights to Roy Hibbert for me? Then flipped me to the Heat for a rental player and Marcus Banks? Which then allowed the Heat to sign Chris Bosh away from them? How do you think that makes you guys look?"

                        Comment


                        • This crap is like professional wrestling...

                          Sooooo predictable. Last night was absolutely brutal. (Vs. GSW) I'm still having a hard time getting over that one, tank or no tank. How much longer can we put up with being the "jobber" of the NBA? I mean, no matter what happens, how exciting we make it, or how great the lead, we are simply not allowed to beat an elite team on the road. Steel chair shot at the end, yet another fucking tease, Raps lose, Raps lose. Everybody in Oakland knew we were a crap team and were almost deliriously laughing down 11 because they knew they would catch us. Where is the fun in this?


                          P.S. In my life I have never seen a player worse at holding on to the ball than Rudy Gay. He fucking sucks. Even my girlfriend who's not big into basketball recognizes that it's basically become a joke watching him turn the ball over.
                          Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Dec 4, 2013, 10:31 AM.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • I wasn't able to watch the game last night. Checked the score before I went to bed and the Raptors were up by 24.

                            I slept soundly, and fully anticipated that the Raptors would somehow manage to turn it into a crushing defeat.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

                            Comment


                            • Shantz wrote: View Post
                              I wasn't able to watch the game last night. Checked the score before I went to bed and the Raptors were up by 24.

                              I slept soundly, and fully anticipated that the Raptors would somehow manage to turn it into a crushing defeat.
                              I don't know why I watch. Also you were able to rest well knowing Rudy Gay was out there in California, turning the ball over regularly.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Craiger wrote: View Post
                                "Do you guys seriously want to lose to an organization that traded the rights to Roy Hibbert for me? Then flipped me to the Heat for a rental player and Marcus Banks? Which then allowed the Heat to sign Chris Bosh away from them? How do you think that makes you guys look?"
                                I imagine the speech as, "Guys, we're losing by 17 points to the Raptors. The Toronto Raptors." End of speech.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X