Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #17: Toronto Raptors 103 - Golden State Warriors 112

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • special1 wrote: View Post
    Wrong again! There are 8 PGs who average more rebounds per game. Look - I know you're not fond of Demar.....BUT do you have to make him look worse? Just tell the truth. Out of 88 eligible players....Demar is currently 19th in rebounding (PG and SGs). If your only counting SGs (which you should because we're comparing him to SGs after all) then he is just outside of the top 10.

    The facts show that Demar is actually above average rebounding wise for a shooting guard. There are 30 teams. Demar sits 11th in rebounds per game. Perhaps this perhaps that....blah blah blah.
    Good lord!!! On top of all, we're responding to bs rankings too? Thanks for the info, man.

    Comment


    • p00ka wrote: View Post
      Good lord!!! On top of all, we're responding to bs rankings too? Thanks for the info, man.
      No worries. I know you would do the same.

      Comment


      • special1 wrote: View Post
        1 more rebound per game brings him into the top 10. If you really think about it, that's not a huge stretch for him to work on in the future.....just saying.

        Look - you guys are the only ones saying Demar is a finished product (he is who he is, he won't get better, blah blah blah). Most fans realize he still has areas to improve on. If it makes you feel better to call him out on his weaknesses while ignoring his strengths....then have at it.
        His totals per game is just part of the problem.

        How, at his size as a SG, go from 3 straight games of 6-7 rebounds to 0?

        It is all about consistency - including his scoring. He has been on a tear for better part of 8-10 games but he started season awful after a solid pre season. Again, consistency.

        His biggest weakness is consistency and that affects both strengths and weaknesses.

        Comment


        • special1 wrote: View Post
          Wrong again! There are 8 PGs who average more rebounds per game. Look - I know you're not fond of Demar.....BUT do you have to make him look worse? Just tell the truth. Out of 88 eligible players....Demar is currently 19th in rebounding (PG and SGs). If your only counting SGs (which you should because we're comparing him to SGs after all) then he is just outside of the top 10.

          The facts show that Demar is actually above average rebounding wise for a shooting guard. There are 30 teams. Demar sits 11th in rebounds per game. Perhaps this perhaps that....blah blah blah.
          How many minutes are all the other shooting guards getting?

          Per game is a shady statistic and does not give the full picture.

          Comment


          • Fact is, Demar doesn't get us any extra possessions compared to the average player in the league. He also scores at an average efficiency. But wait, you thought that was bad?

            Rudy. Rudy is turning the ball over AND missing shots at a historical rate. I'm amazed we're even 6-11 when our "2 best" players perform at this rate. It's like we start each game going "OK, let's if we can beat this team while wasting 10 more possessions than they do"
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • p00ka wrote: View Post
              Good lord!!! On top of all, we're responding to bs rankings too? Thanks for the info, man.
              special1 wrote: View Post
              No worries. I know you would do the same.
              Wrong and wrong.

              I used basketballreference.com, current season, per game, guards. No per 36, no back-ups, players who produce on a game in game out basis better than Demar. All of them except 1 play more than 20 MPG, with the lone exception playing 17.7MPG, and starting 7 of 15 games. You two are just completely making stuff up at this point.

              Demar has the skill but he completely lacks the will.

              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_by=trb_per_g
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • special1 wrote: View Post
                http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards

                Demar is 11th in rebounds per game for shooting guards. Out of 47 players he's 11th best in rebounds per game. That is a fact. No per 36 numbers just fact.
                Click on the per48 minutes and he is tied for 32nd.

                I can't believe you or p00ka are really comparing DD who gets 3.8 rebounds per game to guys like Anderson or Ginobilli or Johnson who average 3.7rpg in 6, 14, and 15 less minutes per game.

                Really?

                Comment


                • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Click on the per48 minutes and he is tied for 32nd.

                  I can't believe you or p00ka are really comparing DD who gets 3.8 rebounds per game to guys like Anderson or Ginobilli or Johnson who average 3.7rpg in 6, 14, and 15 less minutes per game.

                  Really?
                  Matt, everyone knows that getting 5 rebounds in 48 minutes is just as good as getting 5 rebounds in 20 minutes. There is absolutely no difference at all. None whatsoever. Exact same thing. Means the two players are equally good rebounders cause they both get 5 rebounds a game.

                  Comment


                  • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Click on the per48 minutes and he is tied for 32nd.

                    I can't believe you or p00ka are really comparing DD who gets 3.8 rebounds per game to guys like Anderson or Ginobilli or Johnson who average 3.7rpg in 6, 14, and 15 less minutes per game.

                    Really?
                    All numbers and stats are really good for is twisting your argument whichever way you want them to go.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • slaw wrote: View Post
                      Matt, everyone knows that getting 5 rebounds in 48 minutes is just as good as getting 5 rebounds in 20 minutes. There is absolutely no difference at all. None whatsoever. Exact same thing. Means the two players are equally good rebounders cause they both get 5 rebounds a game.


                      KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      All numbers and stats are really good for is twisting your argument whichever way you want them to go.

                      slaw nailed it.

                      I agree with you Keon. However read slaw's post and tell me what p00ka and special1 are arguing is not mind boggling.

                      Comment


                      • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        His totals per game is just part of the problem.

                        How, at his size as a SG, go from 3 straight games of 6-7 rebounds to 0?

                        It is all about consistency - including his scoring. He has been on a tear for better part of 8-10 games but he started season awful after a solid pre season. Again, consistency.

                        His biggest weakness is consistency and that affects both strengths and weaknesses.
                        Consistency? You can say that about every single NBA player not named Lebron/Durant/Paul.....

                        No one is saying that the 24 year old is in his prime or is even a finished product! He HAS been a lot more consistent this year than past years. However, not enough to persuade you guys from saying the same stuff from past years.

                        I'm just waiting for you to turn on JV. How, at JV's size and ability is he 18th in rebounding at 7.6 rpg for centers? Isn't that below average (30 starting centers)?

                        Drummond is 2nd in the league in rebounding at 12.5 rpg for centers. Same years in the league.....No excuses. Don't you think its time you focused your attention on someone else? *patiently waiting*

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          All numbers and stats are really good for is twisting your argument whichever way you want them to go.
                          Which is the only value in using per36 or per48 numbers when ranking players with as widely different roles as being a 10 MPG bench player, playing limited minute role against other bench guys, and a 39 MPG starting primary scorer. It's like saying my ski boat beats the snot out of an aircraft carrier because it's faster.

                          Comment


                          • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            slaw nailed it.

                            I agree with you Keon. However read slaw's post and tell me what p00ka and special1 are arguing is not mind boggling.
                            Definitely. He plays more minutes than 97% of the NBA, severely skewering his stats and efficiency.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • special1 wrote: View Post
                              Consistency? You can say that about every single NBA player not named Lebron/Durant/Paul.....

                              No one is saying that the 24 year old is in his prime or is even a finished product! He HAS been a lot more consistent this year than past years. However, not enough to persuade you guys from saying the same stuff from past years.

                              I'm just waiting for you to turn on JV. How, at JV's size and ability is he 18th in rebounding at 7.6 rpg for centers? Isn't that below average (30 starting centers)?

                              Drummond is 2nd in the league in rebounding at 12.5 rpg for centers. Same years in the league.....No excuses. Don't you think its time you focused your attention on someone else? *patiently waiting*
                              What, no back tracking on your per36 slander?

                              JV's a young player, Demar is a team leader. Leaders take the blame. If it makes you feel better, I equally blame Gay and Amir. I give a slight pass to Lowry because he may have had a concussion.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • p00ka wrote: View Post
                                Which is the only value in using per36 or per48 numbers when ranking players with as widely different roles as being a 10 MPG bench player, playing limited minute role against other bench guys, and a 39 MPG starting primary scorer. It's like saying my ski boat beats the snot out of an aircraft carrier because it's faster.
                                Which is why no one used per36 stats in this thread!!!
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X