Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    thats ridiculous. salmons is in his mid 30's, on a decline and has been so after chicago. why the hell would we keep him over ross? makes no sense.
    He is either here for Ross to learn as they have the same game. Or could use Ross as a piece I don't think Ross is going to become Kobe.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Even if Rudy were to magically morph into an efficient, allstar calibre player, do they really think they can catch Dallas, Denver and Golden State?
    Well not really, they think it can be the long term answer (Cousins n' Gay)
    http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/rud....54571/page-15

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    "The priority in Toronto is clearly finishing as high as possible in the lottery with Canadian sensation Andrew Wiggins and several other top prospects expected to be available to teams picking at the top of the June draft. Lowry is in the final year of his contact at an affordable $6.2 million and believed to be eminently available because he's not part of Toronto's future plans.
    "

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Just read Sac Kings fan forum. They are all jumping from their seats, celebrating and argumenting how it was a no brainer. Boy oh boy, I wish I could show them our Gay/Jose/Ed trade thread.
    Even if Rudy were to magically morph into an efficient, allstar calibre player, do they really think they can catch Dallas, Denver and Golden State?

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Just read Sac Kings fan forum. They are all jumping from their seats, celebrating and argumenting how it was a no brainer. Boy oh boy, I wish I could show them our Gay/Jose/Ed trade thread.
    Tbh, it's not that horrible for them. I mean they got rid of two horrible contracts and got back Gay who could "possibly" make a comeback season with a tougher coach than Casey. As to who wins this trade, we win from what it seems now but that can all change later. Depends on which Gay shows up in Sacramento and whether Gay opts out our not. As much as I don't think he'll forfeit a $19 mill paycheck, does he really want to play in Sacramento where talent rots faster than here in Toronto...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I would like to put it out there that getting John salmons, Ross and him play the same way so Ross could be on the move with lowry
    thats ridiculous. salmons is in his mid 30's, on a decline and has been so after chicago. why the hell would we keep him over ross? makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Agreed.

There was so much talk of Rudy being "untradeable", or that we'd need to take on an equally "toxic" contract.

Masai is well on his way to wiping the slate clean.
    Both the AB and gay trades are beyond what any of us could have realistically hoped for. The man is slick.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Masai Ujiri is brilliant. Unloads Gay's contract and only has to give up Gray and Acy. Brilliant!! AND he didn't have to take Jimmer, that some seem to think is an asset. Vasquez is a MUCH BETTER haul than him.
    Agreed.

There was so much talk of Rudy being "untradeable", or that we'd need to take on an equally "toxic" contract.

Masai is well on his way to wiping the slate clean.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Where's that guy who's been saying MU is overrated?

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Masai Ujiri is brilliant. Unloads Gay's contract and only has to give up Gray and Acy. Brilliant!! AND he didn't have to take Jimmer, that some seem to think is an asset. Vasquez is a MUCH BETTER haul than him.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
    I was not sure that it was even possible to trade Gay, so yes I am very happy with the trade. And with this trade completed, we are in full rebuilding mode. Not trilled with the players we received though.
    Well beggers can't be choosers...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I would like to put it out there that getting John salmons, Ross and him play the same way so Ross could be on the move with lowry
    I highly doubt that Ujiri will be making any moves based on how Salmons fits with this roster.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Karl Marx.
    replied
    I was not sure that it was even possible to trade Gay, so yes I am very happy with the trade. And with this trade completed, we are in full rebuilding mode. Not trilled with the players we received though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X