Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'm still not sure this is a tank move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You think few more pnr will help this team win?

Not this season, sir.

Comment

Man I seriously can barely contain my excitement right now. I'm just so happy I can finally enjoy watching raptors games now (even if they lose every game) and feel some hope for the future

Comment

I like Acy but I love this trade. Raptors traded Ed and Jose for Gay and then swapped Gay for slightly worse versions of ED and Jose.
        And the tank keeps rolling on!

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-gay-to-kings/

Here's a link, if anyone is interested
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Well Matty D. Looks like we're all forced to join tank nation. Fire Dwane casey and let Bill Bayno be the intern. Lets get this party started!

I feel really really really bad for DeMar DeRozan tho. All the poor guy wants is to win, hopefully he stays patient i would hate to lose such an awesome hardworking player.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Well Matty D. Looks like we're all forced to join tank nation. Fire Dwane casey and let Bill Bayno be the intern. Lets get this party started!

I feel really really really bad for DeMar DeRozan tho. All the poor guy wants is to win, hopefully he stays patient i would hate to lose such an awesome hardworking player.
              He might be involved in trade talks too... it would break my heart but he could get some good returns for us.
              OG is our king

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I'm still not sure this is a tank move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ditto. I think it moves the team likely in that direction, but with a slim possibility for positive results too.

Vasquez should help in terms of team offence.

Don't discount the "Salmons effect", where seemingly every time he's traded in a contract year he helps his new team big time.

Improved flexibility, with more depth at PF and PG along with replacing Gay's contract with smaller ones of which only Hayes is guaranteed next year, means trade options may change now, gives Masai more options than he actually had while stuck with Rudy "I have teammates?" Gay.

Comment

Goodbye, sweet Acy

Always played his best, whenever that dummy Casey actually gave him minutes. Always played like it mattered. Sacramento are getting a nice player in this trade, and it's Quincy Acy.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It will be interesting to see how DeRozan handles the move, and how he performs being the new primary focus of both the offense and the opposition's defense.

Comment

Standing ovation for him (maybe Gray too) when Sacramento comes to town.
                      Not Rudy though. No.
                      OG is our king

Comment

I could see Salmons & Hayes getting flipped against at the deadline, since they likely won't factor in to the team's long-term plans.

Also, the team needs to cut a player to get down to 15.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          It will be interesting to see how DeRozan handles the move, and how he performs being the new primary focus of both the offense and the opposition's defense.
                          It'll be interesting to see if he's able to handle going against the stronger wing defenders of opposing teams.
                          OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                            He might be involved in trade talks too... it would break my heart but he could get some good returns for us.
                            I don't think Masai would do it. He should talk to DeMar and get him to be a little more patient. By the time we build up to a high caliber playoff team he'll be in his prime. Which is actually a good thing, we'll have a player who's been through it all and finally gets to that light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. Him, Amir, and JV are guys i want on this team for a very long time (you can throw Ross in there too, i still have high hopes for him)

Comment

I like Vasquez as a point guard. I see him as a grade A back-up over the course of his career. Patterson has zero defense but he can definitely stretch the floor. I like Acy better than him but Patterson has size. Salmons is an expiring -- there's that & Chuck Hayes will be bought out.

We traded Rudy Gay, King Quincy & Air Gray for a Calderon-lite, a stretch 4 (role player big), an expiring contract (but still decent) and a warm body. If we get picks too, I call this trade a success. I'm just really pissed about Quincy. He was my new Ed -- the guy who I root for but he never gets PT but when he does, he's good.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

im sure they will get rid of one of the 14 PGs we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X