Debate settled......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Lol. Only Matt can come up with a detailed roadmap to suckage, just off the top of his head. Twisted, man. lmao. Anyways, I think Chicago is going to start tanking hard, if not started already. Bulls have basically a Duncan-Robinson situation, with Rose out and a perfect excuse to go all out for hometown boy, Jabari. All they need to do is flip Deng for a 1st rounder and then they've got 3 first rounders (own, Cats, + Deng flip) & assets like Butler that they can trade for Jabari. They really need Noah to go down, because that's one guy that cannot accept losing, under any condition. Amd then there's Thibs - he can probably win 40 games with a D-league squad.

And that's the other wildcard - injuries. With Horford out, I could see Atlanta doing the Asik for Millsap deal with Houston, and then they have zero frontcourt offense and could drop like a rock. Wait and see who else gets injured. Happens every season, but I think we're going to see it earlier and in bigger numbers. It's going to look truly pathetic for the NBA.

Too many balls in play here - but I guess you're generally right. It IS still possible to sink fast, but each win is an absolute killer for pro-tankers. Glad I'm not one of them.
    Bold: that is my only point. It is indeed possible and nothing has been settled in the ongoing debate. But you are absolutely right: each win makes it harder. I'm sticking with the bottom 4 desire though - sorry about that.

As for Chicago: good points. I don't see Thibs wanting to go down tanking. However as good a coach as he is, and as hard as he rides his players, they are screwed (or lucky?) if the players tune him out much like every team that has had Scott Skiles coach has eventually done.

As for Atlanta: Their own pick is actually the lower of Atlanta or Brooklyn. The higher pick goes to Boston. I don't see Atlanta intentionally tanking as the only team it benefits is Boston.

As for so many teams looking to be bad, Toronto can match any of them with Lowry gone truthfully. But as I said before, with all those teams trying to be bad and so many of them having to play one another, someone has to win. Here would be a good trivia question: what is the most number of teams to finish the year with 27 (.333) wins or less? Whatever the answer is, this year might break it.

Comment

• I have to admit that all the debate and speculation plus the wins makes this one of the more memorable seasons to date. And we're not even halfway through yet!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        I have to admit that all the debate and speculation plus the wins makes this one of the more memorable seasons to date. And we're not even halfway through yet!
        There should not be anymore debate. We are moving away from the tank and guys like Wiggins and Parker and moving toward a run in this year playoffs and ...

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
          There should not be anymore debate. We are moving away from the tank and guys like Wiggins and Parker and moving toward a run in this year playoffs and ...
          I'm not sure the debate is over though. We're a tank away from a 3-game losing streak. Or either of the Knicks or Brooklyn to stay atop the Atlantic.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• The question is this:

Have the Raptors ever faced a greater challenge than being worse than NY/BK?

Comment

• LOL,,,,,, yeah maybe the "debate" isn't over after all (where are all those people who scoffed at those of us who said it wasn't on yet?),,,,, but, but, but, it's still possible, so I'm going to hang on to that comfortable old teddy bear. Damn that Wolstat, he should have stuck to his talking out of his ass proclamation, instead of admitting he was wrong. That's the "evidence" we could point to, damn him,,,,, but, but, but it's still possible!!!!

It's gotta be agonizing for some people, seeing the team play way above all their knowledgeable basketball opinions, and killing their tank fantasies by the game. I can't imagine what it would be like, when at the end of the day, "my team", full of young players under development, playing so well, is something to downplay and be discouraged about. But, but, but, I'm right damn it,,, these guys aren't that good,,,,,,, I don't care how good they look right now,,,,,, I know better,,,,,, they are what they are,,,,, wasn't I right about Amir,,,,, ummm, never mind,,,,,,,, but, but, wasn't I right about DeMar,,,,,, ummmm, maybe not,,,,,, but I'm right this time!!!! They need to tank, and it's still possible!!!

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                LOL,,,,,, yeah maybe the "debate" isn't over after all (where are all those people who scoffed at those of us who said it wasn't on yet?),,,,, but, but, but, it's still possible, so I'm going to hang on to that comfortable old teddy bear. Damn that Wolstat, he should have stuck to his talking out of his ass proclamation, instead of admitting he was wrong. That's the "evidence" we could point to, damn him,,,,, but, but, but it's still possible!!!!

It's gotta be agonizing for some people, seeing the team play way above all their knowledgeable basketball opinions, and killing their tank fantasies by the game. I can't imagine what it would be like, when at the end of the day, "my team", full of young players under development, playing so well, is something to downplay and be discouraged about. But, but, but, I'm right damn it,,, these guys aren't that good,,,,,,, I don't care how good they look right now,,,,,, I know better,,,,,, they are what they are,,,,, wasn't I right about Amir,,,,, ummm, never mind,,,,,,,, but, but, wasn't I right about DeMar,,,,,, ummmm, maybe not,,,,,, but I'm right this time!!!! They need to tank, and it's still possible!!!

You are one cocky dude for someone who was DIE HARD BC fan for 7 years and was blasting everyone else that was even questioning BC for all those years I thought that whole experience would have made you more humble but then I guess I was wrong.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  You are one cocky dude for someone who was DIE HARD BC fan for 7 years and was blasting everyone else that was even questioning BC for all those years I thought that whole experience would have made you more humble but then I guess I was wrong.
                  Well, since you're wrong about what I was for 7 years, you may as well continue being wrong. It's what you do well.

PS. I was being sarcastic about the cockiness of others, but keep your being wrong streak in tact! It's important to be consistent.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    Well, since you're wrong about what I was for 7 years, you may as well continue being wrong. It's what you do well.

PS. I was being sarcastic about the cockiness of others, but keep your being wrong streak in tact! It's important to be consistent.
                    Dude, your old posts are here and anyone that likes can see them. You were always one of the supporters of BC and probably even till the last days, did not stop or question the almighty GM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      LOL. You people think this trade means they're tanking???

I dont know what Ujiri's plan is but this trade has actually made the Raptors a better team. They now have depth and they now have a LEGIT backup PG who's more than capable of being a starter in Vazquez.
                      TRex deserves a little pat on the back.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        TRex deserves a little pat on the back.
                        LOL, great timing after someone said I got it right, only 9 days after the last post. And the sneaky little backdoor pettiness continues. And I was told he got a PM too. Pathetic.

Comment

• "we're competing, not ****ing!"....Tim Lieweke minutes ago on Tim and Sid. Yeah, I know he's just cheering on a winning team and would tear it apart in an instant if needed but.....there's that.

Comment

Working...
                          X