Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a team with more PG Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a team with more PG Controversy?

So Kyle is not the Jose of the Raptors. By that I mean, first it was Jose, having to fight for the starting PG spot and now it's Kyle. Why can't we just get a PG that is good enough that we don't have to keep going this debate?

Kyle is starting to play very well. We could be winning games if the so called COACH would put a decent line up out there half way through the game and stop thinking that the starters need to 100% rest at the beginning of 3rd quarters. It's not like they have been playing all the Back to Back games as they did last year and the year before that and so on. They have time to rest after the game has been won.

But enough of that RANT!. I think Kyle is the man for the job with the right Coach.

Thought?

I'd rather cash-in Lowry as a trade chip and use Vasquez as the starter for the rest of the season. Vasquez can then be released to free up cap space, traded as an asset at the draft or during the offseason, re-signed to be the starter, or re-signed to be the backup (ie: if one of the top PG prospects is drafted).

I think this maximizes the value of both players to the Raptors, for the long-term.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Dec 11, 2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I'd rather cash-in Lowry as a trade chip and use Vasquez as the starter for the rest of the season. Vasquez can then be released to free up cap space, traded as an asset at the draft or during the offseason, re-signed to be the starter, or re-signed to be the backup (ie: if one of the top PG prospects are drafted).

I think this maximizes the value of both players to the Raptors, for the long-term.
      Yup, neither Lowry and Vasquez are our long-term solution when we're talking about fielding a competitive team 2 years from now.

Comment

The Raptors have never had a stud PG since Damon.. so this debate will always happen unless we get a guy like that. It would be nice to finally get a PG via draft/trade/free agency that you can stick with for the long haul. Like Wall in Washington, Irving in Cleveland, Lawson in Denver, etc.

Hopefully this draft year will be that year where we finally get a guy that gets rid of the controversies.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          The Raptors have never had a stud PG since Damon.. so this debate will always happen unless we get a guy like that. It would be nice to finally get a PG via draft/trade/free agency that you can stick with for the long haul. Like Wall in Washington, Irving in Cleveland, Lawson in Denver, etc.

Hopefully this draft year will be that year where we finally get a guy that gets rid of the controversies.
          Exactly. The controversy is because we've haven't had a sure bet starter since....Alvin Williams.

Comment

Theirs a controversy? I'm pretty sure it's Lowry's job. Without question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just throw it how there, maybe Casey's been asked to rest the starters like he does... You know, tank...

Comment

The starter is Lowry till hes moved and rest assured he will be I\'d say hes a Raptor till January. Vasquez will be a great back up guard make shift starter till Ujiri gets our guy.

Till then Lowry is the current starting raising his value to any teams looking to compete and we trade him for a young unproven + a first rounder and an expiring dude.

Comment

There isn't a controversy yet, but it wouldn't be surprising to run into one now.

Casey really preferred pass-first Calderon over attack-first Lowry, and Vasquez is more of a distributor who probably isn't far behind Lowry talent-wise. There's a good chance that Casey will prefer Vasquez's style of play. Mind you there's also a good chance that Lowry will be traded at any time now.

The last couple games though have been great examples of the ball movement you can have with an attacking point guard. People seem to think good ball movement requires Jose Calderon. Good ball movement isn't about the first pass (from the PG) - it's about the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th passes, which often don't involve the PG at all. Just look at the Spurs: Attacking point guard? Check. Sublime ball movement? Check.

It's about the offensive systems implemented by the coach, who also demands they be adhered to by the players on the floor.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Might want to wait and see what Vasquez can even do on the court with the team before anointing him into a PG controversy.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Only controversy's going to be whether Stone or Buycks back up Vasquez after Lowry gets traded.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Boom.

Whos the boom king???

DANS the boom king!!!

Comment

Trading Lowry for a pick in the 2014 draft would be nice because since the raptors are trying to get the highest pick for the draft this year and the pick for Lowry we could potentially get like a top 5 and another pick midway through first round
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather cash-in Lowry as a trade chip and use Vasquez as the starter for the rest of the season. Vasquez can then be released to free up cap space, traded as an asset at the draft or during the offseason, re-signed to be the starter, or re-signed to be the backup (ie: if one of the top PG prospects is drafted).

Yeah, but looking at the numbers Lowry is putting up right now, it's not easy to find another PG out there outside of elite talent whom can do that. For the right price I would rather keep him and use the pick on a position of real need like SG, SF or PF. We should not consider PG our weakest spot right now, as he is giving us near 15pts, 7ast, & 4rebs a game.

Comment

Knowing that Lowry is on the trade block, Casey may implement Vasquez quickly expect Lowry's minutes to start steadily decline as Vasquez gets situated with the team, however Lowry will be starting till he gets moved.

Comment

Working...
                              X