Tank Standings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Every passing game with Lowry and the chemistry the team is developing makes the idea of getting a high draft pick harder and harder to fathom, let alone achieve.

However, I made a post somewhere talking about the number of bad teams and how they have to play each other. Not sure where it was, though. Last night was a pretty good example:

Cleveland (W) played Orlando
    Chicago (W) vs Boston
    Utah (W) vs Milwaukee
    Philly (W) vs Charlotte

Then there were a couple of surprise wins with:

Brooklyn (W) vs OKC
    NY (W) vs San Antonio

So after last night the Raptors are just 5 wins out of 2nd worst in the league with 52 games to go.

Don't get me wrong, I no longer think this roster as currently constructed can come close to the bottom of the league. However should injury (please god no) or trade(s) happen, they are very much in the running for a bottom 5 record, in my opinion.

Excited to see how Ujiri proceeds.
    Most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons.
    Wouldn't you rather have an injury detail this season rather than a trade? Imagine wiggins or Parker or randle in this roster. It could be a spurs tank. If we trade anything other than bench fodder, the subsequent rebuild gets harder and has a chance to Charlotte out. If someone gets a season ending "injury", and hopefully they come back as good as before, we can have our playoff squad next year WITH the addition of one of this year's "stars" from the draft.

Unlikely, I know, but it won't make much of a difference anyways. Masai is a great drafter and I can see that this team, if allowed to grow together, can win now AND win later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Wouldn't you rather have an injury detail this season rather than a trade? Imagine wiggins or Parker or randle in this roster. It could be a spurs tank. If we trade anything other than bench fodder, the subsequent rebuild gets harder and has a chance to Charlotte out. If someone gets a season ending "injury", and hopefully they come back as good as before, we can have our playoff squad next year WITH the addition of one of this year's "stars" from the draft.

Unlikely, I know, but it won't make much of a difference anyways. Masai is a great drafter and I can see that this team, if allowed to grow together, can win now AND win later.

Please, do not ever hope, cheer or wish for an injury. Bulls fans are in that scenario and I doubt they are pleased.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Please, do not ever hope, cheer or wish for an injury. Bulls fans are in that scenario and I doubt they are pleased.
        Not an injury. An "injury". Wink wink

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Unfortunately we are lacking a one Wince Carter for said 'injury'

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Unfortunately we are lacking a one Wince Carter for said 'injury'
            Are you guys seriously going back and forth talking about how great it would be if only one of our best players would fake an injury and sit out the rest of the season?

Some portions of this fan base are L-A-M-E...
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Tank is DEAD.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Are you guys seriously going back and forth talking about how great it would be if only one of our best players would fake an injury and sit out the rest of the season?

everybody's kidding...no one wants anyone to get injured

Comment

Ya my post was entirely meant as a joke with a slight underhand at Vince Carter and how this Raptors team has no one who will act like VC

. Nothing else. I don't want anyone to get injured for real or fake, not a good way to operate your team (.....like philly with MCW imo)

Comment

Obviously as a human being you never wish injury upon another human being, especially if that injury costs him his livelihood. But imagine how scary they'd be if the bulls ended up with a lottery pick and got wiggins to pair up with d rose? Or the lakers got Parker along with Kobe?

The spurs started their dynasty, even though they were already a top NBA team, because their best player got hurt and had to sit for a season. Then they got Duncan and formed the Twin Towers frontcourt we know and love

Comment

Might be time to close this thread...

Comment

Might be time to close this thread...
                        Wait until trade deadline

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Wait until trade deadline
                          well ok, but i'm excited lol

Comment

well ok, but i'm excited lol
                            Fair enough

Comment

I know you are loving this too Matt!!

Comment

I know you are loving this too Matt!!
                                I am

How can you not enjoy watching good ball?

The Indiana game won me over

It all still rests on Lowry though... That scares me given well discussed concerns

Comment

Working...
                                X