Tank Standings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Standings Thread

Going to try and keep this updated with the NBA's tank standings to see where the Raptors are at.

As of morning of 12/12/2013:

1.) Utah (5-19)
    2.) Milwaukee (5-17)
    3.) New York (to Denver) (6-15)
    4.) Sacramento (6-14)
    5.) Philadelphia (7-16)
    6.) Orlando (7-15)
    7.) Brooklyn (to Atlanta) (7-14)
    8.) Toronto (7-13)
    9.) Cleveland (8-13)
    10.) LA Lakers (10-11)

Clippers playing the Nets today unfortunately, so they probably fall to 7-15 to move into a tie for 6th.

On Friday there's a slew of tank games:

Raptors vs. Sixers (losing this is critical, pushes Philly to 8-16 and us to 7-14)
    Cavs vs. Magic
    Knicks vs. Celtics
    Nets vs. Pistons
    Bucks vs. Bulls
    Kings vs. Suns

If the Nets, Magic, Knicks and Kings all win. We could actually move into 4th or so in the tank standings.

Only 2 games behind the Knicks in the loss column for 3rd (in the tank standings).

And finishing 3rd GUARANTEES us a top 6 pick. Huzzah!

Comment

Looking at wins, the Raptors are currently tied for 5th fewest, only 2 wins ahead of the bottom (Utah & Milwaukee).

Utah
      - has looked much better since Burke came back from injury
      - as Burke/Hayward/Favors/Kanter develop chemistry, I could see them improving this season

Milwaukee
      - Henson has been fantastic lately
      - as they get healthy, they should improve slightly

NY
      - a totally different team with a healthy Chandler
      - when Melo is hot, they can win
      - I expect them to improve from being a bottom-5 team

Sacramento
      - should* improve after the Gay trade

Brooklyn
      - will improve as they get healthy
      - I think they'll wind up being a playoff team (or barely miss)

Cleveland
      - should improve as young players develop and they find chemistry

Lakers
      - should improve with return of Kobe

TANKERS (likely bottom-5):
      - Philly, Orlando, Toronto
      - Utah & Sacramento will likely finish near the bottom (due to strength of WC)

Comment

Really? A tank thread? This is getting borderline pathetic. It's one thing to hope for a high draft pick, but we're praying to lose each game? The internet has ruined fans...
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Really? A tank thread? This is getting borderline pathetic. It's one thing to hope for a high draft pick, but we're praying to lose each game? The internet has ruined fans...
          What we say has no bearing on the outcome of games. All we're doing is monitoring the lottery standings, to discuss/plan accordingly.

Plus, Toronto is so bad in spite of tanking, not because of tanking.

Comment

This season, the benefits of losses far outweigh the benefits of wins.

Comment

Stop drinking during halftime

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                This season, the benefits of losses far outweigh the benefits of wins.
                Oh really I haven't read that on these boards
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh really I haven't read that on these boards
                  I know you're being sarcastic, yet you're somehow surprised by this thread

Comment

I hope they lose all their games but Miami's, Pacers, OKC and GSW.

So that at least we still get a little excitement from time to time this season, hehehe.

I do believe SAC, LAL, Cavs, BKN and NYK will disappear from that list pretty soon. Oh and probably the Bucks when Sanders returns. Boston and Suns are not on the list?

I wont be surprised if we end up jockeying with Utah for the 1st spot.

Comment

IMO attitudes like yours have ruined the franchise. Finally we have a management team that won't listen to this BS
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Nets beat LAC today, puts them behind is in the (tank) standings.

MOVING ON UP.

We just need to work our way into the top 3. Then we're assured of one of Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Smart, Embid, Randle (hell even Lavine and others)

Comment

Lots of games tomorrow to impact the tank standings:

Cleveland @ Orlando
                          Philadelphia @ Toronto
                          NY @ Boston
                          Brooklyn @ Detroit
                          Chicago @ Milwaukee
                          Utah @ Denver
                          Sacramento @ Phoenix

Comment

Stern had a private conversation with Lieweke and promised that if the Raptors can finish in the bottom 5, Stern will ensure that they win the "Wiggins" lottery. The NBA would love that story, and it would finally make the Raptors relevant. Masai is doing his part.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                              Stern had a private conversation with Lieweke and promised that if the Raptors can finish in the bottom 5, Stern will ensure that they win the "Wiggins" lottery. The NBA would love that story, and it would finally make the Raptors relevant. Masai is doing his part.
                              Plus the 2016 all star, I think from the hiring of Lieweke is a sign then the all star announcement all indicates that NBA sees the emerging talents and market in Canada and they want to rebuild the Raptors. In order to expand NBA into Europe and the World, they must at least be successful in Canada. I won't be shocked after the Seattle expansion we might hear the NBA back to Vancouver buzz again.

Comment

Working...
                              X