Can we talk Basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we talk Basketball?

One of the reason why I love this forum when I joined was the Ball IQ. Most poster here know their basketball. People here understood X's and O's. Cause of that a lot of interesting conversation took place about basketball not financials, picks and etc. Going down this thread all I see is Tank this, Tank that. For this thread I would like to just get back to basketball.

@Raptors put this pic of practise today

Casey working with a lineup of GV, Ross, Salmons, Patterson and Hansbrough

I think this could be a very interesting lineup especially going up against other benches. You got good floor spacing with Ross, Patterson and Salmons. Good hustle and toughness with Hansbrough and Patterson. Than you GV running the show.

I really feel that Novak will fall out of the rotation. Hasn't been shooting well this year and doesn't give you anything else. Maybe Field too. If Fields doesn't start to be the stopper I don't see him getting any out minutes.

Like to hear you guys opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Fields would be in our starting lineup if Ross comes off the bench right?

Also, I know this is sacrilege, but I kind of like Dwane Casey. I want him to succeed. I'm not optimistic, but I want him to.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Vasquez looks out of position

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        Fields would be in our starting lineup if Ross comes off the bench right?

Also, I know this is sacrilege, but I kind of like Dwane Casey. I want him to succeed. I'm not optimistic, but I want him to.
        Yes, I think Ross is still going to start unless if we play Knicks, Miami

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'd be hesitant to put out any lineup that doesn't have either Lowry or DD, and to a lesser extent Amir, out on the floor.
          To be honest I haven't really seen Vasquez play much (aside from that near triple double he had against us last year), so if he's as good at making plays as advertised then I might be okay with the lineup above. I'm not sure how well that lineup would fare defensively either.
          OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            I'd be hesitant to put out any lineup that doesn't have either Lowry or DD, and to a lesser extent Amir, out on the floor.
            To be honest I haven't really seen Vasquez play much (aside from that near triple double he had against us last year), so if he's as good at making plays as advertised then I might be okay with the lineup above. I'm not sure how well that lineup would fare defensively either.
            Lead the league in total assist last year I think. Should know a thing or two about offence.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is Dwane Casey ever going to stop experimenting with all-bench second lines like this is hockey or something? He's been using them for two and a half years now and they just don't work when you don't have GS/Miami/San Antonio-level bench depth - and none of those teams use all-bench lineups that often anyway.

Anyway: I'm not optimistic about a GV/Ross/Salmons/Patterson/Hansbrough line, because who in that lineup defends, exactly? Ross still makes lots of mistakes, Patterson and Hansbrough are hustle guys who don't have good defensive minds, and Vasquez makes Jose Calderon look like Tony Allen. The only player there who has a history of playing smart D is Salmons and he's fallen off in the last few years because now bigger players can muscle past him. If that's our designated second line we will give up basically all of the points.

Comment

Hansbrough is good defender. Ross is a good defender. Salmons is a good defender. They would probably play some zone. Ross is now a starter. So technically only 4 reserves.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Hansbrough is good defender. Ross is a good defender. Salmons is a good defender. They would probably play some zone. Ross is now a starter. So technically only 4 reserves.

I dunno, there's a difference between being an actual starter, and starting because no one else can. T-Ross isn't there yet in my opinion.
                  OG is our king

Comment

T-Ross is a long way off...but at this point we should play the hell out of him so we can see what we have as an asset. It will turn out one of 2 ways:

1) he continues with how he is playing, in which we really don't want him as a piece moving foreward and we know for sure
                    2) he improves and finds himself a role in which we can decide if he is a future piece or a trade-able asset with more trade value

Can't lose really

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Vasquez looks out of position
                      No.

They are just running 'the Bargnani'

Comment

Hope Hayes and Vazquez are part of this Raps team going forward. 2 veteran high IQ players.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Hope Hayes and Vazquez are part of this Raps team going forward. 2 veteran high IQ players.
                          Hayes is a 6'6 center. If he has a role, I hope it's from the bench
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                            Hayes is a 6'6 center. If he has a role, I hope it's from the bench
                            http://youtu.be/0wQq9YWZ568
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

start um all and bench our good players.... TANK THIS and TANK THAT!!!!!!

TANKS, TANKS a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X