Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Consider the player perspective:

why would he extend now and possibly leave a year and a guaranteed $6-8M on the table?

Any extension can only be done for 3 years. By waiting 7 months, he can add an extra year to what will likely be his last big pay day.
    It depends on what KL wants and what MU's agenda is. My original point is it is worth considering even if trading if $$ are right.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      It depends on what KL wants and what MU's agenda is. My original point is it is worth considering even if trading if $$ are right.
      Would you want to leave $6-8M on the table?

This is common sense.

The reports are Kyle wants to be traded.

Comment

This is common sense.

The reports are Kyle wants to be traded
        He denied that. raptors.com/videos/

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Of course he did.

If he said differently he'd be fined $25K.

Comment

This is common sense.

The reports are Kyle wants to be traded.
            He stated he did not ask for trade. He is injury prone and may take less now as precaution to injury that could significantly lower his value. Worth considering.

Comment

But of course he did.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                Kobe Bryant
                Allen Iverson
                Dwight Howard
                Vince Carter
                Pau Gasol
                Shawn Marion
                Joe Johnson
                Melo!
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I definately think Lowry is worth keeping for the right price. But, that means we're not tanking, unless we trade Amir instead. And of the two, I'd rather keep Amir.

However, I like Lowry, I think Lowry and Vasquez would be an excellent PG tandem, I like our bigs Amir/Tyler/Jonas, and I can live with DeMar and Ross. So, if we can't get a 1st rounder or decent prospect for Lowry, then keep him and see what this team can do.

I was actually under the belief that BC had finally "got it" over the last few years, and was kinda excited about where this team was growing.

Then he traded ED and Jose for Rudy Gay, and I officially joined the torch and pitchfork crowd.

Now MU has done with BC waid he wanted to do, but didn't: Trade Bargnani and has kinda undone the Gay trade by bringing Tyler and Vasquez, which replace ED and Jose, almost.

So, we're back on a course I can live with, if there's no Tank to be had, because we can't convert our productive players, Johnson and Lowry, to picks and prospects, then I'm OK if MU stays the course.

Comment

4 years at 25 million and with the understanding that he will be a BACK UP PG here and not a starter. If he agrees with this, then I would sign him.

Comment

Hold the phone ... we have proof Lowry asked for a trade? Did I miss something?

Anyway, extending Lowry doesn't fit in with anything that MU has done since he's gotten here.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Hold the phone ... we have proof Lowry asked for a trade? Did I miss something?
                        Woj says that Lowry wanted a trade for most of the season.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...204933654.html

Lowry denied that couple days ago.

Comment

Woj says that Lowry wanted a trade for most of the season.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...204933654.html

Lowry denied that couple days ago.
                          Interesting .. that sounds more like conjecture than anything ... but he could know something.
                          Well actually, he better know something to write it that blatantly.

Thanks for that rocwell.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Interesting .. that sounds more like conjecture than anything ... but he could know something.
                            Well actually, he better know something to write it that blatantly.

Thanks for that rocwell.
                            Woj knows everything.

He sees you when you're sleeping.

He knows when you're awake.

He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for the raptors sake!

Comment

Woj knows everything.

He sees you when you're sleeping.

He knows when you're awake.

He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for the raptors sake!
                              Hahaha That's way creepier than I think you meant it be.

Comment

Guys I think the best scenario would be to trade Kyle Lowry for Austin Rivers[/I].
                                Kyle Lowry is a good solid player but we can say that is All star ceilling is gone at 27 years old. Let be honest guys lol .A first round pick is also a good idea but Austin Rivers would be better.
                                Rivers is fearless talented and a winner. For time like the 3 quarter where we lack scoring Austin wouldn't be scared of scoring or taking over. Austin is only 21 year old so is all star potential is high.This season Kyle has been having a lot of T.o. I would prefer a rookie doing all these turnover instead of a vet. Austin still has the time to grow and I believe is going to have a better value then kyle down the road if they want to trade eventually. Plus now that we are tanking we have time to watch him grow. Greivis Vasquez and Austin for point guard is a good Duo. ,it's would be like Calderon and Tj.Ford but much better.
                                Leave your comments below.

Comment

Working...
                                X