X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'm convinced psrs1 has me on ignore - which is cool.

An extension makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for Lowry.

It makes some sense for Toronto but NONE for Lowry - NONE.
    Actually Matt you are not on ignore list. I read what you say.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Especially when you can get an extra year in the summer, whether you re-sign with Toronto or work a S&T deal.
    And it would actually be 2 years if he signed in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Nosike wrote: View Post
    Calgaryrapsfan, for you to say Lowry is "definitely" not a top 15 pg, is ridiculous. Here are the pgs who are clearly better than Lowry:

Rondo
    Dwill (this is debatable currently but I'll give it to him for the sake of argument)
    Wall
    Rose
    Irving
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Cp3
    Curry
    Parker

I count 10. The rest are either on par or worse.
    My list was posted earlier on in this thread, but I still think when all factors are considered (ie: talent, potential for growth, age, salary, contract status, etc...), he's closer to 20th in the league. I'm not sure how arguing that he's 'only' a top-20 PG in the league, as opposed to top-15, was met with such anger! lol It's not like I said he wasn't a legit starter, or something like that.

Obviously he's playing at an all-star caliber since the Gay trade and I really hope he gets some well deserved consideration for the EC backups.

The fact that he's playing the best ball of career, in the best shape of his career and being a role-model player/teammate/citizen in a contract year, especially given his up-and-down history, should at least raise a few red flags. Maybe he proves that he's matured and turned a corner, that he finally just 'gets it'. Or he's simply repeating what has happened too many times to count in professional sports, which is looking to cash-in during the final year of his contract. If Toronto re-signs him, I obviously hope it's the former; if they trade him, I hope it's the latter. Who knows at this point.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Let's pretend you're Lowry's agent. Convince your client why it's best to sign an extension now, rather than causing a bidding war in the summer (which would inevitably drive up price).
    Especially when you can get an extra year in the summer, whether you re-sign with Toronto or work a S&T deal.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Nosike wrote: View Post
    Calgaryrapsfan, for you to say Lowry is "definitely" not a top 15 pg, is ridiculous. Here are the pgs who are clearly better than Lowry:

Rondo
    Dwill (this is debatable currently but I'll give it to him for the sake of argument)
    Wall
    Rose
    Irving
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Cp3
    Curry
    Parker

The ones who are on par or just below lowry are
    Jeff Teague
    Kemba walker
    Jrue Holiday
    Bledsoe
    Dragic

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied

Rondo
    Wall
    Rose
    Irving
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Cp3
    Curry
    Parker

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Let's pretend you're Lowry's agent. Convince your client why it's best to sign an extension now, rather than causing a bidding war in the summer (which would inevitably drive up price).
    Yeah, I'm convinced psrs1 has me on ignore - which is cool.

An extension makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for Lowry.

It makes some sense for Toronto but NONE for Lowry - NONE.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 2, 2014, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    It's also been mentioned a few times that an extension's term is limited vs. one in a f/a signing.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    It is time to extend Lowry!

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    It is time to extend Lowry!

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    If you admit that there is definitely an argument to be had, how can you say that he is definitely NOT top-15? You phrased it better afterwards when you admit it comes from your own personal evaluation of these talents.

Considering his age, he is actually not even at his prime.
    Do you still feel the same given his recent performance.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Extend Lowry 3yr 24M$
    Impossible. 3 years, 21.5 M is the max we can extend him for. He wouldn't take it.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    If you want to cherry-pick some stats in an attempt to 'prove' that Lowry is better than any players on this list (granted, some are indeed injured this season), go right ahead, but you'll never convince me (or most NBA GMs, I'd be willing to bet).

This is what I got from this quote:

"If you want to give me objective, performance based data, to 'prove' that this Player is better... go right ahead, but youll never convince me!"

AKA:
    Your logical fallacy is: Anecdotal

It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Please tell me this whole post was tongue in cheek...

edit: saw some of your other posts. You're a sarcastic jerk, not a absolute dumb ass.
    i'm not always a sarcastic jerk, usually just when i see things i think are completely retarded

anyhow, the fact that you even had to ask says a lot about some posters, uhh, optimism, with regards to the raptors roster

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    I actually said equal to or better. I probably should have left Burke off that list, though my comments about him and Parker should show that I consider them on the fringe of that list.

There's definitely argument to be had about where in that list Lowry falls, but the only point I was making is that Lowry is definitely not a top-15 PG in the NBA (when everybody is healthy). Personally, I'd probably put him around 20th currently. That would probably drop when considering his age and likelihood of requesting a $7-8M+ contract this offseason though.
    If you admit that there is definitely an argument to be had, how can you say that he is definitely NOT top-15? You phrased it better afterwards when you admit it comes from your own personal evaluation of these talents.

Considering his age, he is actually not even at his prime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X