Extend Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    My list was posted earlier on in this thread, but I still think when all factors are considered (ie: talent, potential for growth, age, salary, contract status, etc...), he's closer to 20th in the league. I'm not sure how arguing that he's 'only' a top-20 PG in the league, as opposed to top-15, was met with such anger! lol It's not like I said he wasn't a legit starter, or something like that.

Obviously he's playing at an all-star caliber since the Gay trade and I really hope he gets some well deserved consideration for the EC backups.

The fact that he's playing the best ball of career, in the best shape of his career and being a role-model player/teammate/citizen in a contract year, especially given his up-and-down history, should at least raise a few red flags. Maybe he proves that he's matured and turned a corner, that he finally just 'gets it'. Or he's simply repeating what has happened too many times to count in professional sports, which is looking to cash-in during the final year of his contract. If Toronto re-signs him, I obviously hope it's the former; if they trade him, I hope it's the latter. Who knows at this point.
    Does your current evaluation differ from your previous evaluation of Lowry's status? If yes is it possible that your rankings could change again?

Comment

• I say we throw 7 years and 122 million at him and see what happens
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The big picture is now clouded in Raptor nation.

Comment

• Extend Lowry?

thead wrote: View Post
          I say we throw 7 years and 122 million at him and see what happens
          He buys all the Oreos he can eat and plays the exact same as the last couple of years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Thu Jan 2, 2014, 10:28 PM.
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            Adam Silver says yes???

...and then somewhere BC throws his hands up like why didn't I think of that with Bargnani!!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              It worked out for Agent Zero, didn't it?

But really, what would be wrong with doing a S&T when free agency hits? Could be what Masai waits for.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Does your current evaluation differ from your previous evaluation of Lowry's status? If yes is it possible that your rankings could change again?
                My list was just my opinion. Some of the players I rank ahead are injured, some are having down seasons, etc... of course opinions can change, but I also don't change my mind after a few up or down games by any particular player.

Comment

• don't apologize ... top 20 is being generous already

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    It worked out for Agent Zero, didn't it?

But really, what would be wrong with doing a S&T when free agency hits? Could be what Masai waits for.
                    What's wrong is that unless Lowry chooses a team over the cap, neither Lowry nor the other team have any reason to do a S+T. So he likely just walks and the Raps get nothing. Best case scenario the Raps end up with some salary fodder and a 2nd rounder or something, which is typically the return on non-star sign and trades.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Are you saying Lowry isn't a star right now?

Comment

• Lowry will never be a super duper star but he's still a great fit for this team and it's young core moving forward.

For example, Irving is an hugely talented player that can score at will, but would he really complement our starting 5? A big part of our team's success is that all our players are young and strong enough to defend their positions with minimal help.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          What's wrong is that unless Lowry chooses a team over the cap, neither Lowry nor the other team have any reason to do a S+T. So he likely just walks and the Raps get nothing. Best case scenario the Raps end up with some salary fodder and a 2nd rounder or something, which is typically the return on non-star sign and trades.
                          Doesn't the S&T allow Lowry to benefit from the extra year and cash that comes with his Bird Rights?

Comment

• Wiggins wrote: View Post
                            don't apologize ... top 20 is being generous already
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              Lowry will never be a super duper star but he's still a great fit for this team and it's young core moving forward.

For example, Irving is an hugely talented player that can score at will, but would he really complement our starting 5? A big part of our team's success is that all our players are young and strong enough to defend their positions with minimal help.
                              Agreed. The only pg I'd take over Lowry right now would be Ty Lawson and that's only because of his contract, and they play more or less the same style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Doesn't the S&T allow Lowry to benefit from the extra year and cash that comes with his Bird Rights?
                                No. They removed that in the most recent CBA. Now a S+T deal is exactly the same as signing in free agency. Small raises, 4 years max.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X