Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suns looking to trade picks in 2014 draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Gah. People that say this infuriate me so much.

    If we're not allowed to try and predict what moves MU will make, or bring up hypothetical situations for discussion, then what's the point of a forum?
    That's not the point.
    There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
    Did you read the context?

    Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
    When we don't know what the plan is.

    So...Nosike is spot.
    You're talking about something else.

    Comment


    • #62
      Shrub wrote: View Post
      That's not the point.
      There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
      Did you read the context?

      Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
      When we don't know what the plan is.

      So...Nosike is spot.
      You're talking about something else.
      Thank you, this is exactly what I was saying.

      Yeah it's fun to PRETEND to be the GM and come up with hypothetical moves.

      But people here need to stop saying, "Oh well Ujiri would never do that because that's not part of his plan!". Like lolwut? Does he e-mail you his plan after work or what?

      Comment


      • #63
        Shrub wrote: View Post
        That's not the point.
        There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
        Did you read the context?

        Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
        When we don't know what the plan is.

        So...Nosike is spot.
        You're talking about something else.
        Whoops. Thanks for clarifying.

        I think ball4life is assuming just because of the media attention surrounding this team and tanking. That's certainly what would affect my thinking.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

        Comment


        • #64
          Shrub wrote: View Post
          That's not the point.
          There's a difference between speculating and acting like you know what's going on.
          Did you read the context?

          Ball4life was going on about having a GM that sticks to the plan.
          When we don't know what the plan is.

          So...Nosike is spot.
          You're talking about something else.
          i guess this article on NBA.com sort of clarifies my view on the situation. people here have to stop taking things so personal. we should all agree we have no inside information on the situion. just taking information from media on their fair value.

          http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...=iref:nbahpt6c

          Comment


          • #65

            Comment


            • #66
              Derozan is a second or third option on a contender. So if derozan does stay he cannot be the go to guy in the future
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #67
                4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Derozan is a second or third option on a contender. So if derozan does stay he cannot be the go to guy in the future
                Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

                Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

                -Superjudge, 7/23

                Hope you're wrong.

                Comment


                • #68
                  stooley wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

                  Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.
                  Its Masai job to go find that lebron, Durant, C.Paul through the draft or free agency ( much harder since Toronto isn't a destination for big free agent's)
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    stooley wrote: View Post
                    Exactly. Derozan would be an excellent Westbrook/Griffin/Wade on a smaller contract.

                    Note: obviously I would trade him for those guys with the exception of Wade, but his contract is very reasonable.
                    comparing DD to the bold is a reach... DD is stellar this year... if we continue to win he should make the all star team.. but the guys in bold are franchise talent on their own, super stardom, they're only caught behind other dominating superstar talents.

                    DD is ripping it this year... i didnt see it comming, but you are right he is a second/third banana behind another superstar talent if he keeps playing like this.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      ball4life wrote: View Post
                      comparing DD to the bold is a reach... DD is stellar this year... if we continue to win he should make the all star team.. but the guys in bold are franchise talent on their own, super stardom, they're only caught behind other dominating superstar talents.

                      DD is ripping it this year... i didnt see it comming, but you are right he is a second/third banana behind another superstar talent if he keeps playing like this.
                      Yes you're right. I dont think Wade is still a franchise talent with this knees acting up, but whatever.

                      Westbrook is way better than Derozan. But I don't know if you necessarily need a guy as good as Westbrook to play second fiddle.

                      Basically: I think we agree
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

                      -Superjudge, 7/23

                      Hope you're wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        People wont realize how good he is till he goes to another team and kills us. Even when DeMar is playing at a high level like he has been and consistent at that people say trade trade ***. You dont trade a guy that gets better every season, wants to be in Toronto for a Rookie gamble, Ujiri should be thinking these guys (JV and DeMar) are the only guys I see on this Raptors team for years to come unless there is a ridiculous deal he cant say no to involving one of them.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Whoops. Thanks for clarifying.

                          I think ball4life is assuming just because of the media attention surrounding this team and tanking. That's certainly what would affect my thinking.
                          I wonder if MU is leading media to believe he is in full tank mode but has other plans....

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            I wonder if MU is leading media to believe he is in full tank mode but has other plans....
                            The problem with being in tank mode is I'd think it would decrease the value of your players. Teams probably know they can low ball you.

                            Edit: on second thought though, MU doesn't mess around. he drives a hard bargain no matter what
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

                            -Superjudge, 7/23

                            Hope you're wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              stooley wrote: View Post
                              Yes you're right. I dont think Wade is still a franchise talent with this knees acting up, but whatever.

                              Westbrook is way better than Derozan. But I don't know if you necessarily need a guy as good as Westbrook to play second fiddle.

                              Basically: I think we agree
                              I don't think Westbrook is WAY better than Derozan. The intangible shit beyond stats is important, DD is a great tea player, and a hard worked. And his numbers..... I dunno, is he THAT far behind Westbrook there?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Craig wrote: View Post
                                I don't think Westbrook is WAY better than Derozan. The intangible shit beyond stats is important, DD is a great tea player, and a hard worked. And his numbers..... I dunno, is he THAT far behind Westbrook there?
                                I think if you put Westbrook on the raps as is, we'd be a contender.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

                                -Superjudge, 7/23

                                Hope you're wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X