No announcement yet.

Suns looking to trade picks in 2014 draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would never happen but JV + DD for Oakfor + Plumlee + PHX 2014, Wash 2014, Lakers 2015

DD is the closest thing to a established star on our team and JV has the most potential --- this seems crazy considering we are giving up the best pieces on our team for unproven picks that could potentially all end up being mid to late picks

but this would be a move that solidifies the tank and have barely any salary locked up in 2015

hopefully get lucky and our pick ends up top 5 (lets say Wiggins for argument sake) -- ideally we could package assets and grab exum or smart with the assortment of our other picks if that's asking too much we go for Gordon

Vasquez/Ross/Wiggins/Gordon/Plumlee -- with those prospects that's a sexy lineup but the beauty of this plan is they won't perform well (even LeBron didn't make the playoffs his first year)

the 2015 draft isn't looking to shabby --- so the raps pick and lakers (if they don't land that star they are expecting) should be good then too

in 2015 FA we have a ton of cap space and throw money at Marc Gasol and Rondo...............

Rondo/Vasquez
    Ross/Wayne Sheldon
    Wiggins/Luc Mbah a Moute
    Gordon/Johnson (resigned?)
    Gasol/Plumlee

Championship caliber in 2016?

Comment

Phoenix is only going to trade those picks for a super-star.. they are looking at Houston's model and have the pieces to do it. Love makes sense (mentioned in this thread above). Minny can't make a BC blunder and hope that Love resigns. Phoenix has the pieces to make a deal that can help Minny rebuild quickly.

If no one is available I see them holding on to their cap space and developing their rookies. I like their strategy.. hoping MU can get similar assets so they end up in the driver seat on negotiations for star players. I see 2016 becoming an interesting year for the Raptors.

Comment

I dont understand why you all love amir so much, yet, are entertaining the idea of trading for a draft pick, that MIGHT one day be as good as him.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          I dont understand why you all love amir so much, yet, are entertaining the idea of trading for a draft pick, that MIGHT one day be as good as him.
          It's a difficult choice. My thought is just that if Masai really wants to tank, trading Amir might even do more than trading Lowry (especially post-Gay trade now with Vasquez on the team). I can easily see things, especially the D, falling apart completely when Amir goes. It seems like the easiest path to a high pick...Not the one that comes back in the trade, but the Raps own pick. I'd say there's a fairly good chance that the top 5-6 picks turn out to be better than Amir.

Fortunately I'm not the one who has to make such a decision, because I'd have a really hard time actually pulling the trigger on any deal involving him.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Adding Amir onto that team would be like the Morris Triplets. They need a forward and a center.

Asik would be a good move

Comment

So, you guys still want to blow it up after you saw how this YOUNG post-Rudy's team can play... When I read all this tanking posts, It looks like y'all think that the Raptors gonna lose their 1st round pick to nothing if we won't manage to reach the bottom of the standings. Don't forget how strong and deep this draft is, we can make a playoffs, let our young guys to get priceless playoff experience and draft a guy with 16-20 pick Masai has allready drafted Faried to Denver @ 22th overall... I'd better look to a team developing step by step (we allready have BIG prospects in JV and Ross; DeMar is progressing every year and Amir is still young), and building winners mentality than just to trust a lotto balls. After the draft you hope that guy like Randle, Exum or Embiid will carry this nameless team to the contenders (assuming that you traded away DeMar, Amir, Lowry for late 1st rounders and expiring contracts...). And don't forget, there aren't any superstar who dreams about playing for Toronto (especially after ANOTHER LOSING SEASON), so you'll only get another DD (more overpaid and disloyal) from Free agent market. That's my thoughts about all this tanking stuff...

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget that Masai has already freed some money for the next year FA market
              Last edited by japetas; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:05 PM.
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

That's what I think some of us are hoping for japetas. There are a few of us here who have noticed the endless what can we get for 2-3 of these unproven guys coming in and the risks that would be taken to sacrifice the entire future for this year. You got support my man.

We continue to get better acquiring pics, assets as we go. Make the playoffs, who cares when we get beat out, lots of exp and then we gear up for the draft. Not dump everything for a chance even before the lotto goes on, crazy, and NBA 2K is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Comment

Tbh we actually don't necessarily have to tank. I mean look at what Phoenix did. They have a ton of assets to make a trade, nice young pieces, expiring contracts, etc.

I'm actually a pro-tanker, but there's definitely alternatives, and I think Ujiri realizes that.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                    there's definitely alternatives, and I think Ujiri realizes that.
                    I know Ujiri realizes that.
                    If he doesn't, I want another GM.
                    One who doesn't suffer from tunnel vision.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                      I know Ujiri realizes that.
                      If he doesn't, I want another GM.
                      One who doesn't suffer from tunnel vision.
                      But i want a GM that sticks to the plan.. the plan seemed to be blowing it up with the GAY trade's haul... and Lowry's leaked deal details.. i don't want another GM that swtiches gear time on and off "cough BC cough" we all knew where that landed us.

LETS STICK TO THE FUCKING PLAN!!!!

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                        But i want a GM that sticks to the plan.. the plan seemed to be blowing it up with the GAY trade's haul... and Lowry's leaked deal details.. i don't want another GM that swtiches gear time on and off "cough BC cough" we all knew where that landed us.

LETS STICK TO THE FUCKING PLAN!!!!
                        Man, you don't know what the plan is.
                        You don't know if there is a plan.
                        Stop it.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                          Man, you don't know what the plan is.
                          You don't know if there is a plan.
                          Stop it.
                          If you can't assume what the plan is by now(as I already mentioned in my original post) you must be one of those delusional Knicks-like fan.... Lol... Please disregard my comment to your post as I have no interest in arguing with delusional fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can't assume what the plan is by now(as I already mentioned in my original post) you must be one of those delusional Knicks-like fan.... Lol... Please disregard my comment to your post as I have no interest in arguing with delusional fans

You can't just assume that the plan is tanking. Thats stupid and childish. This team is playing better without Rudy Gay then with him, how is that tanking? don't get me wrong i'm all for tanking. But just cause we think we're tanking doesn't mean we are. Only Masai and the front office know if we're tanking or not

Comment

Uh. We DON'T know what the plan is.

I want us to tank. I don't know that's always what MU's had in mind. Noone does.

He may be playing strictly by a maximize all assets kind of thing. Maybe he saw Patterson as a young big underperforming in a bad environment and GV as a talented PG being utilized the wrong way. Maybe he saw Gay as a cancer to the clubhouse, team and development of new players.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

So sick of people acting like they're inside Ujiri's head.

You're not the GM of the team. Just sit back, watch and let Masai do his thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X